Good Deals 2022

Yep I usually wait for the usual 30% off sales but ive never seen 50 before.

6 Likes

Hardly finished my order and got my tracking number. Must be a slow Tuesday for them.

7 Likes

Thanks for posting! I don’t need much but always stock up on my popular sizes during sales like these. I’ve personally only been using three or four wires for vaping. N80: 30, 31, 40, & 42ga is all I need :grin:. I build for others though so gotta be sure to have a wide variety.

7 Likes

Yeah, got mine in a couple of minutes after paying

6 Likes

Samsung on sale too.

9 Likes

All my mods are single 18650. I’m a tootle puffer. That’s a decent deal on the P28A’s. Grabbed 8 of them.

6 Likes

A single 18650 wouldn’t get me through the day out without having to carry a spare. Most of my single battery mods are 21700 and don’t have to carry a spare or worry about running out of battery.
Use 18650’s to power my two battery mods and will last me 400 hits over a couple of days. Alot heavier to carry around though.
Still seems I’m always charging battery’s

8 Likes

When I go out, it’s usually for not more than a couple of hours, at most. I’ll still make sure I have close to full batt & tank, just in case. I’m retired, and around the house with a 4 mod/tank/mix going during the day, so my usage is spread out a bit. Even at under 10 watts, I seem to be charging a battery or two, daily.

7 Likes

Ha! Totally opposite. If I disappear from my house it 8 to 12 hours driving and visiting family. Will walk the dog for a couple hours so that’s when the single 2100’s come out so I’m not carrying weight. Will walk her about 6 to 7 miles a day in two sessions.

10 Likes

I have many dual 18650 mods but I find myself using my dual 21700’s more because I’m chain vaping at around 50W and they will last me at least a whole day or more. I like knowing that I have plenty of fuel in my tank if you know what I mean because I don’t like draining my batteries too low and like to leave about 20% in them. I have been tempted by some of these AIO like Billet Boxes but I know I will be forever changing the batteries and I am strictly RDTL now so need the higher wattage.

6 Likes

I keep my single and dule coil RTA/RDA’s running between 2.3 and .17 ohms. Vaping DTL at between 35 to 45 watts. Got a Ragner sitting on a SC so dule 21700 I charge about once every 3 weeks to a month. Too heavy to carry out and around so it sits most of the time.:grin::grin::grin:

6 Likes

I use low wattage MTL but now only have single 21700 mods. I also still seem to always be charging batteries, even with quite a few set-ups in rotation.

7 Likes

I can imagine having to keep a huge mod like that sitting indoors as it’s certainly not pocket friendly lol. I have three VV Gaur 21’s and a Dovpo Odin dual 21700. I nearly exclusively only use my dual coil Blotto Mini’s and I like my builds at around 0.25 ohms which are basically two Wotofo 0.5 ohm fused claptons. I also like my single coil RTA’s at around 0.25 too, it just suits me and my style of vaping.

7 Likes

Thanks @rcleven, I couldn’t NOT pick up a pile of the P28’s.

Mooch

Bench Retest Results: Molicel P28A 2800mAh 18650…essentially equal to P26A, tied for best all-around 18650 (if from authorized vendor)

Bottom Line: This is a great performing cell. Down to about 3.2V it is essentially equal to the Molicel P26A, performing just a bit below it at very high current levels. Only below 3.2V do you see the P28A running for longer due to its higher capacity.

While the Sony VTC5A and Samsung 25S hit a little harder at the start the P28A catches up soon and runs for the same amount of time or perhaps a bit longer than the VTC5A. The P28A is almost equal to the Samsung 25S at 20A and 30A (30A is above their ratings and this test was only to compare performance).

If you use a mech and you change cells VERY early then the VTC5A might be the better choice because it hits a little harder at the start. But if you run your cells down to 3.5V-3.6V (when put on the charger), and wanted a slightly more consistent vape that could run for longer, then the P28A is worth trying.

The Samsung 20S is still the best choice when above 25A though as it holds its voltage up better at 30A.

The datasheet for the P28A lists 35A as the “maximum discharging current” rating. But running this cell continuously at 35A gets it much too hot, about 99°C, for that to be a true continuous current rating we can use for comparing to other cells. I consider Molicel’s rating to be temperature-limited so you must stop before the cell gets hot. There’s no maximum surface temperature rating in the datasheet so stop before the cell reaches 60°C. This is roughly the temperature where it becomes too hot to hold in a tightly closed fist. For any battery it’s best to never let them get more than warm though because heat accelerates their aging.

The datasheet lists the minimum capacity at 2700mAh and typical capacity at 2800mAh. The four P28A’s I tested delivered 2745mAh-2787mAh at 560mA (0.2C) down to 2.5V. This is good consistency and they all met their minimum capacity rating.

I am rating this Molicel at 25A continuous with a temperature-limited rating of 35A as long as you stop before the cell reaches 60°C.

The rated dimensions are 18.6mm max diameter by 65.2mm long. The largest dimensions I measured were 18.4mm diameter and 64.9mm length.

The P26A and P28A are tied for my choice for best all-around 18650, for up to 25A or 75W per cell. The combination of their great performance along with their availability from authorized Molicel vendors makes them the best 18650 choice in my opinion for moderate to high power use in any device. We don’t have to worry about getting low grade, counterfeit, or old cells and Molicel is willing to sell to the vaping community. No other battery OEM is openly willing to do that.

9 Likes

Nice price on the 40T. Got plenty but might add a couple more.

8 Likes

As cheep as I have seen them for quite awhile now. At $4.00 a throw can’t go wrong. I’ve had them for three years now and run them down to 4% charge and they still last like new.
The Molies are my go to 18650. 18650 runs them at $4.00 a lot but they run out of stock quickly.

9 Likes

In these days of August, good deals on Sourcemore…

6 Likes

This was my order from Chefs that I’ve mentioned on another thread.

Seems like a good deal to me.

9 Likes

I’ve not mixed any VTA for a while and still have two to test from previous orders.
I might have to do a bit of a purge as I’m sure now I’ve exhausted their range… well nearly as I couldn’t find USA Tobacco at Chefs or Nomnoms and I’d like to taste that one for sure.

4 Likes

:point_up:
These discounts are on top of their massively discounted flavors (so savings can really be huge for some). I placed an order for another 40 flavors (for 35 pounds with shipping included; including several FLVs).

12 Likes