Good Deals 2023

Sounds like you had a fun black Friday this year! I only ordered those Wismec squonks, but not much else. I’m gonna go look at batteries right now to see if there’s any left :laughing:. The squonks showed up today!

13 Likes

I did the same thing. I’ve been so impressed with the P42a. how can you not want more of the same but even better? Also got the newer P28A/18650/ 35A/2800mAh. These will be a godsend in my mechs. I get concerned about amperage when I use full mechs.

9 Likes

Nice! I did get an email from Claudia saying that my order is getting ready. It had landed in my spam so I hadn’t seen it till today.

7 Likes

I have some of those P28A’s and I noticed quite a marked difference in longevity between those and the normal ones. I am gradually phasing out all of my old Samsung batteries for Molicel but it’s taking some time as I must have looked after them well, some of my old batteries have been going since 2017 but they are starting to discharge faster now when in use but the married ones still discharge evenly.

8 Likes

9 Likes

I have some that went unused for so long that they over discharged. I collected too many to maintain properly. Lesson learned. The ones in daily rotation are babied, though. I need to find a recycle station somewhere soon.

6 Likes

I thought I was done until I saw the Coil Clout 45% off land in my text messages. I almost bought the Defiant TS in the past. Now it’s a done deal. I got the Zombie Green with black plates and a smoked silicone bottle. Why? I have every color mod but green :rofl:

Defiant Designs TS

16 Likes

Some chargers have a feature to revive over discharged batteries like my XTAR charger, does your charger have this function and if so have you tried using it or are they too far gone?

6 Likes

Yes, it has that feature but from what I understand from Mooch, it’s not advisable to use batteries that have been “brought back to life” by using the OD feature. Maybe if it just happened but ones that have been laying around dead for too long, no, iirc.

6 Likes

@INOIROC Since you have a few Destiny RTAs already perhaps you have some tips on how to remove a frozen fill cap? I am so disappointed. I can’t turn the cap without unscrewing the entire chamber off the deck. I tried running under hot water, lubing with vg. I’m afraid of destroying it with excessive force.
Somebody Help Me Ricky Berwick GIF - Somebody Help Me Ricky ...

6 Likes

Not him but maybe try hot water in an ultrasonic cleaner.

7 Likes

I learned that lesson the hard way. I used a recharged old set of 20700 batteries in my Wismec NC 250 in series mode and they overdischarged and fried the board. Nothing smells worse than a smoking circuit board.

7 Likes

my concern with that is the inside oring for the DT. UC tends to expand orings. Then the dt might not fit in. Have you experienced that?

I could remove it but they are a bitch to get back in.

6 Likes

No, but i have tools capable of grasping small things. I have put too much pressure and broke the glass though. Its a tough spot to be in.

6 Likes

I can easily remove the glass but what I’m left with is the top cap causing the entire chamber to unscrew from the deck. If I can get a good grip on the chamber without distorting it I may have a chance but I haven’t figured that out yet.

7 Likes

If you can measure the diameter and then drill the same in a block of wood, then saw it down the middle you can put pressure equally around it and not distort it. Something rough like fine sandpaper helps grip. If you were down the block…oh wait…

7 Likes

Muth, push down hard on the top cap and turn counter clockwise, there’s that tight oring underneath the cap. Sometimes it has actually turned and i’ll rock the drip tip back and forth and then lift off.

9 Likes

You’re right, I saw the oring under there. Anyway, I got it off!!! I used thick rubber bands and a set of pliers to get a good grip. I’ll post a pic later, gotta run to work. But I’m afraid of putting it back on now :rofl:

11 Likes

This has happened to me on more than one occasion with different atomisers (especially Vandy Vapes) and it’s a right pain in the arse so I am going to invest in some of those pliers with the nylon jaws to help prevent damaging them.

7 Likes

@muth I have used a piece of para-cord to make a “strap wrench”. Put the cord around the strongest part of the chamber you have trouble gripping. Twist the loose end tight like using a bread tie. Hold pressure with your fingers close to the chamber. It can provide a strong, even pressure grip.

8 Likes