Good Deals 2023

Thanks for the heads up! I love the DNA250C version, the form factor is one of my favorites. Have yet to pull the trigger on the Dovpo chip version but very tempting.

Your all right about the new Odin mini V2, that battery door is a pain.

8 Likes

@muth The code didn’t work for me, maybe it expired. Also adult signature fee $9.05, and shipping $8.40 . Heck, they might even throw state sales tax on top! Too bad, I was going to get one. Still thanks for posting it.

7 Likes

I bought a couple of these from Creme de Vape although I haven’t had to use them yet thank goodness but they are worth a shot.

10 Likes

I get new bands every 3 months from bloodwork and cut into pieces.

12 Likes

That’s one of the reasons I haven’t purchased from vapor empire for awhile. They want to still charge me the signature fee even if I opt for local pick-up, ridiculous.

9 Likes

If you pick up most brick& morter will wave the signature fees. It’s still charged on the invoice though but once you walk in or drive up. They will credit you back upon purchasing.

6 Likes

If there was a flawless RTA out there it’s all I would have but you are right on the money about it. I took a closer look at that o-ring and it was pretty scraggly looking. Just poking at it I noticed it had split apart. Lol, I thought I was looking at 2 o-rings for a minute.

I think there’s a replacement in the bag. I can’t wait to try it and I’ll let you know.

8 Likes

That sucks, sorry for that. Well, I suppose I don’t need to bitch about VE not shipping to me anymore because I don’t like their policies now anyway.

7 Likes

@Lostmarbles @mjag At least I know now that I didn’t get some kind of odd mod out of the bunch. Have any of the reviewers mentioned this? I didn’t bother to look at reviews because I own Odins already and just assumed the best.

fyi I contacted a magnet expert up in Canada to find out how to decrease the strength because all those suggestions I found on the internet were not very accurate. These are rare earth neodymium magnets and 20 minutes of excessive heat will do it, like boiling the batt door in water but Idk if doing just the door will be sufficient enough and, of course, we can’t boil the mod :rofl:

5 Likes

Just discovered that a seam ripper works a treat getting the c door opened, only works if there is a battery already installed. Pops right out without any damage to battery skin or door finish. Hands are particularly bitchy today and couldn’t get mine opened today.

6 Likes

@muth this is the type of seam ripper I have. Just side into one the slots on battery door and it pulls the door right up.
https://www.amazon.com/Ergonomic-Colorful-Crafting-Removing-Embroidery/dp/B0874F7KLW/ref=mp_s_a_1_6_sspa?crid=TI4HT0OV9HXO&keywords=seam+ripper+tool&qid=1701368009&sprefix=seam+r%2Caps%2C127&sr=8-6-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9waG9uZV9zZWFyY2hfbXRm&psc=1

6 Likes

Good to know, thank you

5 Likes

Hey all, I don’t know who among you have had trouble finding bottles for a decent price, but between Amazon wanting around 12 dollars for ten chubby gorillas and the wholesale places wanting to sell you 1200 units, I spent the better part of two days finding a good supplier with a good price.
There’s a guy on Ebay that has 100 packs of 60 ml chubbies for 22 dollars plus 15 shipping.
He was very responsive and helpful, and frankly patient with me, as I was having some trouble, mostly related to the fact that I didn’t have the app installed, so install the Ebay app if you are going to pursue this.
If you want to order more than the one case, you might message him and see what he can do as regards shipping for multiple cases, but even at the posted price, it was WAY cheaper than anywhere else I found, and it turns out, Ebay is much easier to navigate since last time I used it, which was like 2003.
Happy hunting!

11 Likes

10 Likes

So think I found my way around the Odin mini battery door situation. Found it purely by accident. If I rest the bottom of the mod against my chest while bracing it steady there with one hand, I can use the other hand to grip the door half way down it’s length and pull. Comes off without too much of a struggle. Before I was just holding it and couldn’t get the leverage needed to pull the door off.

9 Likes

@muth Not sure if it will work but maybe a piece of tape on the magnet. I’m thinking moving the magnet apart slightly will also slightly decrease the magnetic hold. Also, magnets that fit perfectly flush to each other are stronger than if they are sloppy and cocked at an angle

7 Likes

Couldn’t do it.

5 Likes

I have scotch tape over them and it doesn’t make a difference. Maybe electrical tape?

6 Likes

I have a similar tool and I couldn’t budge it Geez

5 Likes

There is like zero wiggle room on these. Never seen anything like it in a mod before. Like fishing magnets, these things are.

8 Likes