Gotta love Bull City Flavors

Absolutely! :wink:
Just ribbing in the opposite direction. lol

4 Likes

Reminds me of Cheers. Norm comes in to the bar, they ask him how it’s going. He says something to the effect of “Not good. Went to a restaurant and ordered the chef’s special ribs. He came out and made fun of my tie”.

8 Likes

Norm walks in…
Sam Malone: “What’s shakin’ Norm?”
Norm: “All 4 cheeks and a couple of chins!”

8 Likes

That might be a maybe too @TorturedZen:frowning: I need to reup mine soon, I am down to a 5ml out of 15…

1 Like

I do love me some BCF, was the first place I ordered from way back when and I actually called them to ask questions. Surprisingly Drew the owner answered my call and was patient and an all around awesome dude.

As far as FLV Alpine Strawberry I like it but it is not your normal strawberry. More on the organic tart side if I am remembering correctly with a nice sweetness. My friends don’t seem to like it though, usually get the puzzled look on there faces and ask, what is that?

Alpine is my favorite strawberry from FLV, the other strawberries are just head scratchers from FLV, the flavors are just odd for me.

6 Likes

Agreed, very strong, very not normal. To me it was a super intense white and green-ish parts of the SB if that makes any sense.

6 Likes

How much were you using, Sd??

2 Likes

As low as 1d per 30ml.

3 Likes

Would you really try something for me?? 1-2 drop in 120 oz and let it sit for a few days…
no heat no milk frother… shake on occasion :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Did you mean to say 120ml?

4 Likes

Yes… lol… was not awake… and had nooo coffee, Tz :wink:

3 Likes

I don’t want to blow a 120 for Alpine, but I’ll do 1d in a 60ml.

3 Likes

Since we’re talking about Bull City Flavors… this is a great way to try FLV before you commit to larger bottles at a cheaper price. Throwing that out there :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I was thinking the same thing. That’s quite a lot of base to use just for a test.

4 Likes

I don’t blame you.

Better to put 1 drop of Alpine into 10ml PG, and waste that (if you don’t find your happy place). Then use 1-2% of the dilution in a 10-20-30ml…

4 Likes

@Sprkslfly I think it was exactly YOUR review/notes of Alpine that I was in complete agreement with.

I don’t know what it IS about the Alpine SB. Sure, we all know it’s ULTRA concentrated, no argument there. But is it really a full on, in your face Strawberry ?? I, like you, get hints of SB, but it’s just got this earthy element, or for me, almost the white and green parts of the SB, not the real juicy fat red notes.

Sorry @Sprkslfly, was @SthrnMixer’s notes.

1 2 3 4 5

I’ve tried this flavor at various percentages and tried pairing with several different other flavors. Can’t seem to find a happy place. Others are recommending anywhere between 0.5 - 3% usage. Ghastly! At 1 drop from the FLV needle tip bottle in 30 ml I taste this very distinctly. It’s extraordinarily strong, in line with FLV’s Lime and Rich Cinnamon in strength. Even at 1 drop/30ml it can dominate a mix and mute other flavors.

I don’t taste strawberry per se, but rather the idea that it’s a strawberry. The flavor note to me is reminiscent of juniper, which hides most of any strawberry flavor that should be present. I want to like this, and feel somewhere out there is a good pairing. However, it won’t be cakes or custards, candy or any other dessert vape. Perhaps a good accent to a tobacco mix, or a floral tea.

Frankly I feel after a few months of trying to work with this flavor that is has few redeeming qualities. Aside from being overly strong, it doesn’t play nice with much of anything.

I WILL indeed mix it lower (1d per 60ml) per my promise to @anon84779643. I can’t help but wonder, once we get PAST the whole, “It’s strong as shit” thing, if there’s STILL something going on with the formulation there, wherein, some of us, just don’t get the overwhelming SB that others are getting. Compound confusion maybe ??

6 Likes

@anon84779643 so help me God, if I put one drop in a 60ml, and you ask, “So Session, how’s that mixing by drops working out for you…” ??

:slight_smile:

6 Likes

She may also want to make sure you use the correct drop size, so watch out for that rabbit hole!!!

9 Likes

Lol @anon70102222. She loves screwing with me. But, honor her request I shall. Going to do one better, going to put that one drop in my special “black reserve” bottle.

3 Likes

7 Likes