Help a noob to start DIY

hello im new to DIY i live in Saudi arabia and i bought some products to help me start ,i got 1.5 liter of VG and 500 ML of PG i like my VG at 80% or 90% also i bought some flavors and i would like your help and suggestions on how to mix them i will list them as im a noob please consider that in my country there isnt many options and thats the best that i could have gotten atm weither it is good or not
Fresh Cream - Flavour Art
Custard - INAWERA
IRISH CREAM - Flavour Art
MARSHMALLOW - Flavour Art
MANGO -INAWERA
KIWI - Flavour Art
NONNA’S CAKE - Flavour Art
RED SUMMER WATERMELON -Flavour Art
MENTHOL LIQUID - Flavour Art

and ofc i got nicotine but i like my nic at 1%
so i would like the flavors to be at 4-5% so that i can make ejuice with all the VG and PG that i got
please tell me if i made the right choice and how to make good mixes out of these

8 Likes

Welcome, You can say hello here Be polite and introduce yourself! . You want to start by learning how to use the elr calculator and entering your stash The ELR Users Guide to Creating Your Flavor Stash Beginner's Guide to Using The ELR Recipe Calculator There are plenth of threads for beginners pinned to the header to get you started as well. Get a basic understanding first and then others can help you better. Gl to u!

7 Likes

@RakoomR You already off to a good start. I see there are two others replying now.

6 Likes

Welcome to elr. I’m a fan of watermelon and kiwi mixes. Maybe start with FA red summer 3% + FA kiwi 2% for a test and adjust from there. You don’t list a sweetener, maybe 0.5% marshmallow (I don’t use mm myself so not sure). I would discourage you from getting stuck on a specific total flavor percentage. Use whatever percentage tastes good to you.

11 Likes

thanks worm my bad i missed that but i fixed it :smiley: and yes i didnt know about the ELR calculator that will be a big help thanks

8 Likes

i will try that thanks letitia

8 Likes

I know a lof of people vape this one (maybe with NOT all the sweetener in it), and it’s in line with @Letitia’s suggestion, except of course for the TPA Strawberry Ripe.

8 Likes

i think im missing too many ingredients for that one also the concentration is way too much for the amount i got

4 Likes

Always my approach to provide links and point out things to help you get started. As u showed some may be unaware of the calculator and that certain threads are pinned purposely to help ya get started. once you get on the same page others can help you w/ specific questions.

8 Likes

Are your concentrates 10ml bottles? If so you have more than enough to do many 10ml test recipes from the flavors. Enter a recipe for 10ml amount to make into the calculator and you will get a sense of how little of your resources are actually needed for a mix.

7 Likes

some are 10ml and some 15ml and the bottles i use for DIY mix is 60ML

5 Likes

Make yourself a big favor and rather use 10-15ml bottles for your mixing attempts. Put away those 60ml bottles for several months until you find to your taste the most delicious version of a particular recipe (after dozens of testings). Welcome to the forum and happy mixing!

10 Likes

But you don’t have to mix 60ml in them. Stick with 10ml mixes until you get a handle on your preferred percentages. Once you find a mix you enjoy try mixing just 30ml to see how it ages before jumping into 60ml batches. There is no rule you have to fill the bottle all the way.

14 Likes

%2 menthol %2 kiwi then come join the discord https://discord.gg/pBdupDd

5 Likes

Welcome and glad you joined.
Best advice I can give is to not mix them at all. Suggest starting out by single flavor testing and get to know the worth of your purchases by isolating the flavors (strength,taste,min. percentages etc…). No use mixing and wondering why you mix is not any good when you do not like one or more of your flavors.
Might like to read through:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DIY_eJuice/comments/8dsu5d/faq_friday_single_flavor_testing_part_2/

11 Likes

FA menthol is way too strong for a 2% but thanks anyway and i already joined discord

5 Likes

thanks brotherbob i will start reading

6 Likes

Rakoom, what’s the status of vaping in KSA? It was legalized here in the UAE in April, Bahrain is legal, I believe also both Qatar and Kuwait. I don’t know about Oman, but they probably will be soon. You should try Chef’s Flavours in the UK. They have tons of customers in the GCC. Order only flavors from them. Customs used to ask me if they were for vaping but I explained to them (over and over again) that they are legit food flavorings used for cooking and I always got them.

7 Likes

That Kanzi clone tastes good but don’t let it sit for too long. After 2 weeks, all the flavor mutes away. I haven’t let it sit for months to see if it comes back, but it was a huge disappointment. if you make it, try it without the sweetener or try a different sweetener not based on Maltol or Ethyl Maltol.

5 Likes

That’s interesting @anon28032772, as it’s pretty damned strong as written. I’ve had good luck with maybe 0.25% super sweet. LOL, because I don’t think mine ever lasted 2 weeks. Because it’s soo strong out of the gate, what do you think is causing the fade ?

3 Likes