Help. First Diy juice all harsh

The absolute best way is to not use a flavor that is peppery. I use FW Vanilla Bean Ice Cream or TFA French Vanilla Cream (Notice I said Cream) for most of my recipes requiring that kind of blend. Often I add a little FW Cheesecake to make it REAL creamy. I’m a whole different animal than most here on ELR. I am always blending for juices that are 5 stars shake and vape juices. 99% of the time the taste will only get better with steep, sooooo, if it’s great as a shake and vape, it’s gonna be fantastic after steep time. If you can afford a few favors then get a few flavors that you can use instead of TFA Custard. Then maybe you can blend something you can shake and vape…

1 Like

I make my juices with 100 mil nic.You just have to be extremely careful with measurements. And by all means Wear protective gear.Store your nic in a cool place.A lot of people keep it in the frig or even freeze it.If you buy large amounts, you can break it to smaller containers ,whereas oxygen diminishes the nicotine level.Make sure you shake it well before mixing…
When steeping, or almost much as possible keep your juices of of light.

Here is “your page” and here is your stash - it’s accessible from the “User”-icon at the top right on the main ELR-page - or by clicking “My page” at the top right on the forums (while scrolled to the top) :slight_smile:

Right now you are in the forum. Unfortunately I do not believe there is a way to access your page from the forum. You must go to http://e-liquid-recipes.com/. Make sure you are signed in with your password, etc. Look at the top of the page on the same line that says…

All the way to the right you click on USER. Click My Page. This will bring you to your personal page. Here you can create and store all your recipes. You will always click on USER for a menu of things you can do such as see your flavor stash, What can I make, and more…Check it out…

Tis in the vehicle’s glove box steeping till lunch,in the DEEP SOUTH…well it’ll get HOTTT

1 Like

Im reading this thread with interest as last night I made my very first juices.
Tried both from the off after a good shake and settle.
Flavour 1 at first was interestingly nice but then after a time I felt a harshness in the throat after id been vaping.
Flavour 2 was good from the off. No harshness whatsoever BUT ive now noticed my throat feels like ive been sucking on dry hits.
Stupidly Im posting this in work so if anyone is interested in what Ive done I’ll post when I get home

Thanks. Is there a specific way or format to list flavors when doing this?

All TPA/TFA is called “Name (TPA)” etc - an exception is Inawera which is just Inawera.

Generally just pick the flavor with the most recipes (the green number in parenthesis). If you’re searching for “Sweet Cream (TPA)” you can just search for “sw cr tpa” and the auto-completer should show you the correct one.

1 Like

Will it tell me what I can make with what I have in my stash?

Yes. After you put all your flavors into your stash you can click “what can I make” and it will tell you the recipes that you can make that only have flavors you have.

1 Like

I can’t imagine choosing nasty death sticks over ejuice myself…although I have sympathy for your current situation…If you do not have any reasonably priced vape shops in your area you could try ordering some juices from MT baker?

I only suggest them because their delivery times are INSANELY fast (not bad prices either) and I have typically received my orders within 72 hours from ordering…of course ordering on a weekend will be a tad longer…

Personally DIY is the way to go for many reasons I need not list but at least you can have a “bandaid” fix until you get your mixes down? Anything to keep yourself from smoking?

I agree with these guys, inputting your flavors here is a great option on this website and can steer you in the right direction!
Plus there are some really great people here that have recipes you can use as a guide, provided you have the same flavors ie @JoJo, @ringling, @Jimk and many more

It’s just a thought…take it for what it’s worth :wink:

3 Likes

As a master of the Cap Vanilla Custard V1 its 13 days to reach its full potential.

1 Like

Fully agree with you there.

But what I can say is that its definately more palatable freshly mixed than TFA VC.

But you are correct its at its best after a 2 week curing.

The creaminess really shines through!

CMJ

3 Likes

Thanks guys I have a bottle of the cap v1 coming next week.
I’m gonna try a ‘work around’ for presteepin the tpa custard, pre mixed in glycerin, any opinions/thoughts

The brand of nicotine plays a HUGE role in that harsh / peppery taste. I haven’t read all your replies and I’m sure someone prob already said this. Also make sure youre emulsifying completely! Cheers!

1 Like

Emulsify, emulsify, emulsify! Also, I’ve found that exciting the molecules with a quick zap in the microwave =>5 sec loosens the bonds between the glycerine and propylene (respectively) and allows for a much quicker steep duration.

-Cheers mate

happy mixin’

1 Like

Ahhhh, just what we needed around here on ELR, a hussybitch. We’re now complete…lol.

Seriously though, reading up on emulsifying it appears people are using triethyl citrate. Is this your method? I also noticed it is readily available on TFA Website. You have peeked my curiousity !!

1 Like

Never tried any of those baking emulsifiers. I use a combination method by using kinetic energy (a mixing wand) and vacuum sealing.
You can also forgo the vacuum sealing for multiple runs with a mixing wand with great results. I mix to get as much air in as possible (to help with evaporation of alcohols and water while increasing surface area of the VG) then I seal in a bottle and let it settle to clear ± 24 hours, and then repeat. In my experience, you achieve the same result (albeit slower) that you would with baking emulsifiers.

2 Likes

Hot batteries in my milk frother and I’m good to go! Been mixing like this for a great while and have always loved the results! Not using triethyl citrate for now; haven’t felt the need. Whiz, bottle and steep…repeat.

Hmmmm, interesting. I have a buddy who also blends for a shop who tells me you can use a blender on your ejuices to evaporate alcohol, etc, and practically do away with steep time. Sounds like I need to take this a little more seriously…Thanks for the info !!