Help Me Help My Neighbor

Good stuff, I’m gonna keep tinkering around with my flavors and percentages and if I come up with anything good ill shoot you a PM. Im just happy not to be paying $40 for a 30ml so im more than happy vaping single flavors at the moment :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Thats what always stopped me from quitting SO many times in the past. Morning coffee, yard work,driving, any stressors…all dealt with with a cig. The nicotine addiction was never the issue. It was the psychological dependancy that messed me up.
I’ve lowerd my nic to 3mg (over the course of a couple of year) and last week I had a mix with 0mg nic and I was totally fine. This past Friday, I was in a hurry to get out of the house and left my vape at home, so I was without it for almost 10 hours. I think I stresed over it for 30mins, and then forgot about it and I was fine. In the old days it would be an immediate stop at a gas station for a pack of smokes before I did anything else.

13 Likes

That’s good to hear. I recently increased from 3mg to 6mg on one juice but it’s mainly the TH that I want from it. I find that if I get a satisfying TH I’m happy. If I can find a way to do that without increasing the nic, so be it. Any ideas?

6 Likes

no, sorry muth. I never tried to simulate a nic-TH. I read that menthol, mint, citus and cinnamon flavors can create a punch. Maybe increasing your PG a little might do it as well.

6 Likes

This may be the answer…
Flash (FA) Check cookies

4 Likes

I get quite a decent throat hit from Cap Gingerbread (I mainly notice the ginger, no bread) or VTA Light Rum (it is a light rum flavor)

6 Likes

I came across an additive quite by mistake that is being used to add throat in e-liquid. ENJOY is adding lactic acid to add throat hit to their tobacco formula. Not much information out there on lactic acid and vaping.:see_no_evil::hear_no_evil::speak_no_evil:

8 Likes

I started at 18mg and over the next couple of years dropped to 3mg. Glad to hear your experience with zero nic. I may give zero nic a try and see how it goes. My biggest concern is not the addiction, but loss of throat hit, like @muth . Thanks for sharing your experience. Much appreciated.

11 Likes

I wish you success my friend

6 Likes

I also started at 18mg and now use 1mg. I just think it helps my juice steep better. May be just a mind over matter thing, but still works for me. Hope the zero works for you mate. :smiley:

8 Likes

Day 2 of no cigs at all here :saluting_face: Been vaping on sour grape 6mg nic salt

@muth Did you give him the device yet?

15 Likes

Good job! Keep it going.

6 Likes

Congratulations @SendMePodJuiceRecipe!
It feels good doesn’t it?
I found it hard to comprehend and to this day get a kick out of being asked for a light and being honestly able to reply ‘sorry I don’t smoke’.

Not in the least bit trying to rain on your parade but keep at the back of your mind that moving forward every cigarette you don’t smoke is a win. If you fall off the wagon temporarily don’t beat yourself up over it and think of the above.
To utalise vaping to give up tobacco isn’t a magic wand and still requires willpower but for me personally it was infinitely easier and quicker than anything else I’d tried previously. And the most important thing is IT WORKED!!

Again we’ll done and look forward to a life of not smoking.

11 Likes

A big congrats. I remember advice when I started vaping…vape before the crave hits. Drink lots of water. And like @Gazza7 said, count the ones you don’t smoke. What was strange is that the cravings during the first week were not as intense or as frequent as when I tried quitting with patches or lozenges. And after the first couple of weeks of being smoke free I was completely sold on vaping. Still the same 9 years later. If I make it to September 30th it will be 10 years smoke and tobacco free. One of the best decisions I’ve ever made for my health.

10 Likes

The anti vaping muppets should read through this site and perhaps there’d realise what to say again muppets they are as I read I see people that have been vaping for years and haven’t grown another arm or anything on their head I’m touched by the way help is always a click away. @SendMePodJuiceRecipe congrats it’ll only get easier you’ll cough your splutter then down the hole you go it’s fun any help I can offer I’m only returning the favour

8 Likes

I was sitting out at the farm the other day and a mother of a horse riding student came to pick up her kid. She looked at me vaping and said “That stuff will kill you you know!”. She wasn’t happy when I replied “Not as fast as your mouth will get you killed”… :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Where do these people get off? Just get off your high horse and keep your opinion to yourself FFS!

Mini rant over… :sunglasses:

12 Likes

Students mother: That stuff will kill you you know!

Me: Milk is good for your teeth. You know what else is good for your teeth?

Students mother: I don’t know. What?

Me: Minding your own fucking business!

11 Likes

Classic result of all the media slagging that’s going on. Only believes what they want her to believe and of course millions of others will be in her boat.
I wonder if she walks up to strangers smoking and says the same thing.

I have had very similar experiences on many occasions and understand your annoyance. I used to try and explain my personal thoughts and experiences but have given up as the popular beliefs that are constantly being shoved down Australians throats are simply brainwashing people. I’ve had enough of being spoken down to and looked at like I’m doing something illegal or wrong.
At the end of the day I’m a grown adult who smoked for over thirty years who is :100: % convinced that vaping has saved my life and it’s my decision.

11 Likes

Agreed mate. Interestingly she is a loud mouth, opinionated, feral bogan and every second word is profanity. She comments on the horses all the time pretending she can tell they have problems when they absolutely don’t. Just seems to be the way people are now where they just can’t zip it.

9 Likes

Make life ez on yourself. Be the duck and let it roll off. People are going to be like that. Not most.

9 Likes