Help Me Help My Neighbor

Congratulations !!!
If you mean having a cig hanging out of your mouth why don’t you stick a carrot in there instead :rofl: ? Luckily, I never developed that habit. Personally, I never understood how people did it. I was always getting smoke in my eyes.
Mind me asking what juice is keeping you off the Marlboros? That’s what my neighbor smokes.

5 Likes

Look at it the other way as well. You didn’t smoke 23 cigarettes today. That’s freakin great. :heavy_check_mark: In a couple months you’ll smell smokers 5 feet away from you.

Luckily, I’ve always need 2 hands so no mod in any hand :rofl:

6 Likes

@SendMePodJuiceRecipe eighty million years ago when I made the switch, the equipment and juices were NOTHING like they are today, so you’re ahead of the game already. I took a FULL, unopened pack of analogs with me as a SAFETY, just in case. Luckily for me, the 24mg at the time and Backwoods Brew Honeynut Flue Tobacco were JUST what I needed. NEVER opened that pack, despite carrying it for weeks anyway.

7 Likes

@SendMePodJuiceRecipe How do you know when the Sonder U is fully charged? There’s nothing in the instructions addressing that. Should I assume when the light goes out?

4 Likes

I put in a Bull City order for a bunch of fruity flavors and have just been mixing 70/30 single flavors for the most part but I did mix a 70/30 6% Blood Orange (FA) and 4% Mango (FA), 6mg (250 mg nic salt) and thats been what I’ve enjoyed most out of my Sonder U so far. This is all new territory to me and from what I’ve read and experimented with so far, you need to crank up the flavoring in these low wattage MTL devices.

6mg nicotine has killed my cravings and seems to be what I needed tho and i plan on cutting that in half and so on down the line.

I’ve tried tobacco juices and didn’t like them at all, those may be up his alley if hes just starting the transition from a heavy smoker tho?

For the Sonder, you are correct, when lights off its full.

Edit: This is delicious too, I just made it an hour ago :saluting_face:

6 Likes

No telling what Gerry will like when he starts vaping but thx for the recipes.
One of my family members who smokes asked to take a puff off my Sonder U and tada! she said she liked it and wants one! Just like that. She’s tried vaping in the past and didn’t go for it. I had a dessert RY4 in it and she said she liked it. It was only 6mg. I might have to beef it up for her with more nic to keep cravings down.

6 Likes

Good stuff, I’m gonna keep tinkering around with my flavors and percentages and if I come up with anything good ill shoot you a PM. Im just happy not to be paying $40 for a 30ml so im more than happy vaping single flavors at the moment :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Thats what always stopped me from quitting SO many times in the past. Morning coffee, yard work,driving, any stressors…all dealt with with a cig. The nicotine addiction was never the issue. It was the psychological dependancy that messed me up.
I’ve lowerd my nic to 3mg (over the course of a couple of year) and last week I had a mix with 0mg nic and I was totally fine. This past Friday, I was in a hurry to get out of the house and left my vape at home, so I was without it for almost 10 hours. I think I stresed over it for 30mins, and then forgot about it and I was fine. In the old days it would be an immediate stop at a gas station for a pack of smokes before I did anything else.

13 Likes

That’s good to hear. I recently increased from 3mg to 6mg on one juice but it’s mainly the TH that I want from it. I find that if I get a satisfying TH I’m happy. If I can find a way to do that without increasing the nic, so be it. Any ideas?

6 Likes

no, sorry muth. I never tried to simulate a nic-TH. I read that menthol, mint, citus and cinnamon flavors can create a punch. Maybe increasing your PG a little might do it as well.

6 Likes

This may be the answer…
Flash (FA) Check cookies

4 Likes

I get quite a decent throat hit from Cap Gingerbread (I mainly notice the ginger, no bread) or VTA Light Rum (it is a light rum flavor)

6 Likes

I came across an additive quite by mistake that is being used to add throat in e-liquid. ENJOY is adding lactic acid to add throat hit to their tobacco formula. Not much information out there on lactic acid and vaping.:see_no_evil::hear_no_evil::speak_no_evil:

8 Likes

I started at 18mg and over the next couple of years dropped to 3mg. Glad to hear your experience with zero nic. I may give zero nic a try and see how it goes. My biggest concern is not the addiction, but loss of throat hit, like @muth . Thanks for sharing your experience. Much appreciated.

11 Likes

I wish you success my friend

6 Likes

I also started at 18mg and now use 1mg. I just think it helps my juice steep better. May be just a mind over matter thing, but still works for me. Hope the zero works for you mate. :smiley:

8 Likes

Day 2 of no cigs at all here :saluting_face: Been vaping on sour grape 6mg nic salt

@muth Did you give him the device yet?

15 Likes

Good job! Keep it going.

6 Likes

Congratulations @SendMePodJuiceRecipe!
It feels good doesn’t it?
I found it hard to comprehend and to this day get a kick out of being asked for a light and being honestly able to reply ‘sorry I don’t smoke’.

Not in the least bit trying to rain on your parade but keep at the back of your mind that moving forward every cigarette you don’t smoke is a win. If you fall off the wagon temporarily don’t beat yourself up over it and think of the above.
To utalise vaping to give up tobacco isn’t a magic wand and still requires willpower but for me personally it was infinitely easier and quicker than anything else I’d tried previously. And the most important thing is IT WORKED!!

Again we’ll done and look forward to a life of not smoking.

11 Likes

A big congrats. I remember advice when I started vaping…vape before the crave hits. Drink lots of water. And like @Gazza7 said, count the ones you don’t smoke. What was strange is that the cravings during the first week were not as intense or as frequent as when I tried quitting with patches or lozenges. And after the first couple of weeks of being smoke free I was completely sold on vaping. Still the same 9 years later. If I make it to September 30th it will be 10 years smoke and tobacco free. One of the best decisions I’ve ever made for my health.

10 Likes