Hey, I'm back

So have you had any luck with the barrel?

5 Likes

Yes, I have. Iā€™ve been wanting to soak it in bourbon but since I donā€™t drink the stuff Iā€™ve been putting it off till I can find someone I can gift the bourbon to. Iā€™m a wine drinker and I donā€™t want a winey custard :crazy_face:

5 Likes

Do you have a good Zifandel? It being a bit lighter wine should do pretty good in there I would think. Also, you could try a Rum, like Captain Morganā€™s Black Label, which is silky smooth. Makerā€™s Mark is a good bourbon I have on hand, but I have yet to soak my barrel with it.

4 Likes

Thanks for the tips. Iā€™ve been using Bourbon (FLV) in my custards. Have you tried it? I like it better than Kentucky Bourbon (TFA) which gives me off tastes. When you smell Flavorahā€™s bourbon from the bottle youā€™ll want to drink it, thatā€™s how real it is.

3 Likes

Yeah, I have both. Been a couple years since I used them though, so I am back to being a noob lol. Hell, I wonder if any of my flavors are any good now :thinking:

6 Likes

Did you stop mixing for awhile? Iā€™m always surprised of how my flavors have held up. Maybe 2 faded out or changed after 4 years. Ha, Iā€™ll always be a noob, have you seen the updated flavor lists? Fuhgeddaboudit!

2 Likes

Yeah, I stopped vaping for two years because I was broke as hell while trying to get on disability. My vape died on me and I couldnā€™t afford to buy a new one. If my flavors are still good (some are 4 years old), I am in good shape with almost 500 flavors. I havenā€™t stayed up on new flavors, and lord knows I donā€™t need any more right now lol.

6 Likes

Do you need any hardware?

3 Likes

Shit damn. If that ever happens again give a shout and Iā€™ll send you some gear. Iā€™m sure many people here would do the same.

4 Likes

@LordVapor As I recall you have a lot to offer. I hope you stick around. If you ever need stuff think trades. I might have flavors Iā€™ll never use again and likewise. Better than throwing out or spending more money.

2 Likes

Glad to hear it.

4 Likes

Sorry this gets a little wordy :wink:

No, but seriously, thanks a bunch though! People here are just THE BEST! The folks here (friends here, and people I never even talked to on here) helped me out so much when this all started, it kept me from becoming homeless. Now that my disability has gone through I am actually doing pretty good. And I will be on the lookout to pay it forward whenever I can.

I used to stay current on gear through a friend who ran a local vape shop, and hanging out on here. Now I am immobilized so I am out of the loop. I just bought a Uwell Caliburn and some 50mg nic salts juice to try (wowā€¦ cough cough). I also bought a Snow Wolf Mfeng starter kit and a bunch of crappy 3mg juice. I am really surprised to see gear has dropped in price from online vendors, and am amazed that I bought 10 different flavors/brands of ejuice that is lame as hell. I canā€™t wait to get some juice steeping.

A friend who comes to take care of me is getting the Caliburn to help her quit smoking, and I want to grab a Drag-X for a backup. They any good? The local vape shops are raving about them on their Facebook, but I donā€™t trust them since my buddy isnā€™t there anymore.

Thanks again!

6 Likes

So nice of you to say muth. Yeah, I will be here. My friend is going to help me get the lab set back up so I can finally start mixing again. I ordered 4 more oak barrels to play with this time :wink:

4 Likes

Ive never been up to date on the hardware side of things. As for Voopoo your going to find the forever hating Voopoo crowd and the Voopoo is great crowdā€¦Personally im not a fan of the Pod Mod idea , I tried the RPM80 by Smok Which was Not impressive . I am assuming the Drag X is similarā€¦

4 Likes

Good to know. I kinda figured the local shops were churching it up a bit. And these pods are a new thing to me. I only bought my Caliburn (which isnā€™t terrible) to try the nic salts stuff. I will stick to beastly mods and RTAā€™s. I havenā€™t made a coil in a couple years though, so I have to learn that shit all over again.

I just found some of my old RTAā€™s. I have a goon, an authentic Diablo RTA, and a few other goodies I had hidden away.

8 Likes

I bet thatā€™s going to be like riding a bike. As I recall, you were a vape veteran before you took a break, so most of that knowledge is going to come back to you pretty quick.

6 Likes

I was pretty good at Clapton coils, Staple builds, etc at one time. By the time I stopped vaping I was using good old SS or Ti single wrap coils because the devices were so good.

Now, I donā€™t remember the technical stuff, like how many wraps, what diameter, etc. But I learned most of that from steam-engine.org anyway (just remembered the address :smile:).

6 Likes

Voopoo had its heyday but look into it further before pulling the trigger. I stopped paying attention to their products a year or so ago. My friend who managed a vape shop chimed in. He has the Argus GT which uses the same pods and coils and he likes it okay. I just realized itā€™s a pod system and, sorry, Idk much about them but love how the Drag X looks for sure.

Hard to recommend gear without knowing your vape style.

3 Likes

I basically am a beginner at the moment. All I have right now is a Caliburn pod system and a Snow Wolf Mfeng kit. Vaping 3mg nic on the Mfeng at 80w isnā€™t bad, but my old vapes hit way harder. I had a custom mod with a 3s lipo in it chucking room sized clouds at one time. I will outgrow anything I get quickly, but I like handing my old vapes down to new vapers. What is the biggest, baddest beast on the market right now?

3 Likes

I hear you. I went through my ā€˜jewelry making phaseā€™ too and ended up these days just hitting a single wrap spaced SS316L. Works for me.

5 Likes