Hey, I'm back

No, just a metal box.

3 Likes

Hey itā€™s a box with cut outs. If the board was hot glued in place how the heck did the fire button push it away from the housing?

2 Likes

Hot glue gave out on the top of the board I think. I couldnā€™t really see what was going on without removing the board.

3 Likes

Sounds like it may not be too hard to remove the rest of it then remedy the problem if youā€™re so inclined. I like fiddling and fixing things thatā€™s why I asked. I usually hang on to the broken stuff for parts.

3 Likes

Me too muth! I actually have a Whiterose mod that had a loose 510. Went to tighten the damn thing and scraped one of the wires away. Had to take the whole thing apart. that hot glue was a bear to get off and I donā€™t know if the board still works. Some day Iā€™ll put Humpty Dumpty back together again.

3 Likes

I think I had mine for about a year, dual 18650 sled, and after a year it stopped firing. Lights up, accepts button pushes, but no fire. No leaks, no loose wiring, no clue.

2 Likes

@TheTinMan @Lostmarbles @LordVapor @Steampugs

Hi guys, hope you are doing well. Just wanted to jump in here and let you know I recently had 2 of my WRose mods converted from lipo to 21700. This was about 2 weeks ago. Wanted a change. Anyway, I just saw your posts about some issues you guys are having.

If you donā€™t want to attempt to do repairs on your own, take a look at https://jdmods.com/

Joe does great repair or conversion work as well as creating beautiful custom mods. I have one in the works myself. His communication and service are above and beyond. One of the nicest guys Iā€™ve dealt with in a long time.

10 Likes

@SessionDrummer sorry, I thought I mentioned you in the previous post. :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

Hey brother, long time no speak :wink::+1: thanks for the info, def worth looking into, Iā€™d hate to lose them for good, them things werenā€™t cheap! Lol,
Appreciate that :+1::+1:

4 Likes

I sent him some questions through his website about a custom mod the other day but havenā€™t heard back yet. Do you have any contact info for him?

3 Likes

Yep no problem. His phone number is at the bottom of the website. [1-908-358-2320]
He has a lot of options for custom work so itā€™s definitely better to speak by phone. :+1:

When you call him, let him know youā€™re from the ELR forum. I gave him a heads-up that some of the members may be reaching out.

Edit: was it JDMods or ModsbyNazy that Muth suggested that you emailed?

3 Likes

Hahaha yeah absolutely. His work is super clean :ok_hand:

3 Likes

JDMods is the one I emailed. I used the form mail on his site.

3 Likes

Did you check out the link I posted about removing hot glue? Idk if that would help. Good luck on the project when you get to it. Iā€™ve had a project laying around for years. Have everything I need just need a fire under my butt. Itā€™s an old, crappy mech squonk that I want to do a make over on. If the vape faeries bless me with inspiration Iā€™ll post pix when done.

3 Likes

I donā€™t remember if your tip was the one with rubbing alcohol? If so, that was the one that did the trick. Got everything out but the sled. That just broke off in pieces. I may have been a little frustrated at that point. Sleds are easy to replace.
Please do post some pics of your project. Iā€™d be interested to see how you do.

3 Likes

Yes, this one:

https://www.hunker.com/13422424/how-to-remove-dried-hot-glue

3 Likes