HiLIQ Free Shipping Coming!

I hear you, my computer office is covered with wall nail polish racks and I still have a few storage carts full. My duplicates are stored into smaller boxes in another cold dark room. There always seems to be THAT one flavor missing in many recipes, but I am getting to the point where I am just going to buy the flavors I use a lot of.

4 Likes

I’m basically lazy. I don’t like getting up to find my flavor’s I need. 7 Polish racks surround me.3 more behind me and one more to left I have to get up for. All by flavor house then alphabetical. Almost all 30 ml bottles 4 oz bottles under in the racks along 30ml dupes. Coils and cotton in my desk drawers along with NIB mods, RDAs, RTAs. PG/VG under the racks in cabinet. Once I sit I want to stay seated.

5 Likes

Alot of us choose to store in Glass. So whrn we recieve the Nic we break it down in Glass bottles then top off with Argon…The problem with LDPE plastic is that it allow oxygen in . If you storing direct to freezer in Original Packaging wrap the bottles in freezer bags for extra layer of Protection

5 Likes

Thank you, I do store the bottles in an extra layer of plastic wrap but sounds like I should either break it down to glass bottles or zip them all in freezer bags. What do you think D-man does? Store nic/PG combo in a glass bottle in the freezer?

3 Likes

@KC111, @fidalgo_vapes knows the deal.

I’m a little OCD, BUT, I’ve got gallons and gallons on ice, so I have to worry JUST a little more, than a casual user.

@KC111, I’ve got a big investment, so I have to protect it. I chose (at cost), to pick up two low temp, medical freezers, that go down to -45F because it’s been shown, that the LOWER the temp, the SLOWER the oxidation. I break down ALL NIC orders into 500ml glass or smaller. Bottles are fully cleaned, and dried beforehand. I leave anywhere from 1.0" to 1.5" of headspace (air gap), to allow for the contraction/expansion as the NIC changes temp. BECAUSE I leave that air gap, and I know the bottles will be in a deep freezer for quite a while, I wanted to eliminate the air IN the bottle, by topping off with Argon gas. Argon is inert, and HEAVIER than atmosphere (air), and here’s how it works.

Slowly spray the Argon into the top of the bottle. The Argon is heavier than air, so it DISPLACES the air, or takes it’s place. Now, cap the bottle off tightly, then I wrap the top and cap in white tape, as an ADDED precaution. I then mark, and date code the bottle, adding the MFG lot number, and my own identifier as well. For smaller 120ml bottles I’ll bundle up a couple into a gallon Ziplock bag, and put a date and type on the outside of the bag. For bigger 500ml bottles, I’ll put them in their own bags. Stack them in the low temp freezers, which have wireless temp sensors in side, which I have a receiver/monitor for to keep an eye on the temps. For the most part, I use the FILO (First In Last Out) system.

Pretty crazy huh ?? Hehe, yeah, I know.

There you go, there’s the “Deep Freeze” system.

Heat, Light, and Air are the three KILLERS when it comes to NIC. Any way you can minimize, or remove them from the equation, your investment will thank you for it.

As ALWAYS, if you are using a SHARED FREEZER, i.e. the same one your family uses, ESPECIALLY if there are children, use EXTRA CAUTION.

4 Likes

@KC111 a while back, I switched ALL of my critical NIC storage over to Wheaton bottles.

2 Likes

@SessionDrummer anything different with those from the others?..
(Wheaton bottles)

3 Likes

@St3v0 yes…

• The glass feels thicker
  • The threads on the bottle are far superior to average bottles
  • The caps are very good, and exceed all of my other caps
5 Likes

“if you are using a SHARED FREEZER, i.e. the same one your family uses, ESPECIALLY if there are children, use EXTRA CAUTION.”
I don’t have kids, so I can rule that out. I was also a Bio Chem major that also worked in science labs, so I understand the basic science. I use Argon gas to top the bottles off as well and I keep my nic on the back of my bottom shelves where they are less exposed to light. I remember reading some of your posts about leaving an inch gap to prevent the glass bottles from exploding due to expansion of the liquid. You still haven’t answered my question about storing the 1/2 nic with the 1/2 PG. Do you store it that way in the freezer as a combined mix? I will repackage my nic bottles by bagging them in zip lock bags. Your freezer system sounds a lot like my hubby’s gun safe, it is as tightly controlled and jazzed up with all the bells and whistles like Fort Knox.

3 Likes

@KC111 I’m not sure if I 100% understand what you’re asking. Over the years I’ve been testing, and titrating my deep storage NIC, 100mg, really does fare the best. 200, 250mg, did start to depreciate much faster than the 100mg did. Because of that, I chose to store only 100mg NIC. When (if) I get the HiLiq NIC which is 200mg, I will break that down into glass bottles, and cut it 50/50 with 100% PG, leaving the final at 100mg NIC, just like all of my existing NIC.

3 Likes

Ya they dont crack with tighteni g which i ogten tend to go a little to hard so the other brands dont like me

6 Likes

“I will break that down into glass bottles, and cut it 50/50 with 100% PG, leaving the final at 100mg NIC, just like all of my existing NIC.”
And after you do all that, do you then put the nic/pg combo into the freezer for storage? If not, where do you store them?

3 Likes

I throw mine in the freezer @KC111 after rebotlling.
Very important to remember,SHAKE YOUR NIC BEFORE YOU REBOTTLE.
I forgot to shake a gallon last year ( I couldn’t remember if I did). So I dumped it all back in the gallon jug and shook it up.
It sucks when you can’t remember what you did the day before.

9 Likes

But did you freeze the bottle AFTER you added 1/2 PG?

3 Likes

Yes…We all put our nic in the freezer after we rebottle …Weather we dilute it or not is gets tranfered in to Glass then Freezer it goes…I personalky have a dedictaed upright mini freezer

The onlu Nic of mine that isnt in freezer is the bottle i currently use and that stays in fridge. Oh i have 3 Carolion xtract bottles that are in fridge as well

5 Likes

So you add the nic/pg combo to the freezer and it doesn’t affect the pg in any way?

4 Likes

No Pg is antifreeze…Nit car antifreeze but doesnt freeze lol

3 Likes

That was my question, thank you. Now I know that after I make a 50/50 bottle of nic/pg, I can just throw it in the freezer.

4 Likes

I also have Nicotine that is 50/50 Vg/ pg base and that is also in freezer and is completely safe

5 Likes

Yes You will be fine …

4 Likes