HiLIQ Free Shipping Coming!

Thanks for adding the link to those caps, I might need some myself.

Thanksgiving was not the usual pleasantry this year. My animal companion of 14 years, Nikko, is failing. Without going into details, he’s not in pain but his body is shutting down. His vet wants me to check back in on Monday with an update but it looks like I’ll be facing that difficult decision. My hope is that he’ll pass peacefully here at home, the place he knows and loves. I’ve been in and out of grief, weeping on and off. I’ll miss him so much.

10 Likes

Hi SD. I hope you had a pleasant Thanksgiving :smiling_face: How are the bottles from Delosi Labs? I never got bottles from them but I purchased the Press-in Bottle Adaptors in various sizes, thinking I’d use them with smaller bottles for dispensing. I think they can only be used with their PET bottles, though.

4 Likes

My heart is weeping next to yours and for you both. Is Nikko in kidney failure? I belong to a group on Facebook called “FELINE CHRONIC KIDNEY DISEASE” FELINE CHRONIC KIDNEY DISEASE | Facebook and they are very helpful with support and any questions you might have. Please let me know if I can do anything for you and Nikko. I am truly so sorry. You both are in my prayers, but that sounds so hollow at this time while you are in a deep state of grief.

6 Likes

I have some just like these and I use them for my glass bottles.

5 Likes

Your prayer does not ring hollow for me, I deeply appreciate you for offering support. He’s not in kidney failure. He’s a thyroid cat but I’ve managed to keep his thyroid in check for several years. His vet is giving him a presumptive diagnosis of lymphoma of the GI tract. Why do I say presumptive? Lymphoma is difficult to diagnose in a cat. He would have to be hospitalized. He would then be subjected to an endoscopy. The second procedure would be a stomach biopsy and his vet said that a surgeon would refuse to do that to him, it would be a “sterile autopsy” as his vet puts it. In other words, he wouldn’t survive the procedure. Nikko is about 16 yrs old now and has lost almost half his weight but is not in pain. At this point it’s about quality of life. It all happened so fast and part of me wants to do everything I can but I respect his life too much to subject him to that. He’s a beautiful, wild thing who needs to be free. He loves his humans and his life here so much that he’s fought almost to the death protecting it. I mean that literally. I’m rambling now, sorry, but I’m tearing up. Thx for allowing me the ramble, It’s probably good to release my emotions.

ETA: with all my raw emotions I forgot to add that, yes, you can do something for me and Nikko :smiley_cat: I hope he passes peacefully in his sleep, here at home.

7 Likes

@SessionDrummer By reading the reviews it looks like Delosi still does business with retail customers, yes? This is a good price for a litre. I think a litre weighs in at about 2 lbs. Is their nic good? Reviewers like it.

6 Likes

@KC111 do you or did you have a cat with kidney disease?

5 Likes

I don’t know, but if there is a heaven, it would be nice if all our pets are there waiting for us.

9 Likes

Everybody’s situation is a bit different, but we will always share that unmistakable bond that only our fur babies can bring, and each of them are so profoundly different, with their characteristic traits, and with each passing, it is always a heartbreak that never heals. I’m the kind of person that would much rather be surrounded by hundreds of animals a day and only deal with humans a few times a week. I pray that he will be released on HIS terms, or until you know he shouldn’t suffer any longer and he wants you to release him. God Bless you both.

6 Likes

There has to be, the Lion lays down with the Lamb. I pray that I will take on the job of being an animal caretaker in Heaven.

6 Likes

@muth, I don’t know how they’re still doing it but they are, and for today’s prices, yes, both the L and G are good deals IMO.

4 Likes

They use cobalt PET bottles @muth. I would be leery using them for long term storage, but they’re fine for shipping, and temp storage.

As far as those press in tops, they’re not really going to work for dispensing like you think, as you’ll need a syringe …

If you don’t mind syinge-ing, they would work, but as far as squeezing as you go during mixing, not so much.

5 Likes

VERY sorry to hear that @muth. In our house we have the WORST luck (if that’s even the right word), during the holidays. We seem to always have one emergency, or disaster or another. Not that there is ever a GOOD time to go through that, but the Holidays, always seem to make it worse for us.

I guess the good thing is, if you ARE going through something, being off, and having time to better deal/cope with it, can be a blessing.

We will keep you and Nikko in our prayers.

7 Likes

Exactly! My parents died during the holidays, I was walking my dogs w/o a leash on a rural country road on Xmas Eve, had lots of snow, very little traffic, but a Fed Ex truck just happened to turn on my road and my dogs went chasing after the truck and that truck ran over my dog and killed her. Yup, holidays sucks for me! I just hide under the blankets and don’t come up for air until January.

6 Likes

I tried dripping nicotine out of one of those press fit adaptors, took too darn long and now I just use a pipette and measure it out on a scale.

5 Likes

As long as he is not in pain, I don’t see why not. Who are we to decide, and furthermore, what do we know about the process of dying, and its importance in the whole process of life?

I only had 2 who died that way, the rest needed a hand. It is terrible.
My last cat started screaming at me when I fed her through a tube. She looked me straight in the eye, as if saying: enough is enough!

Water she accepted, but no more food. I told her ok, I phone the vet and made an appointment for the next day.

She slept on my lap the entire day. The next day she was on my lap but kept herself awake.
She knew! I was crying and she was stroking my cheek with her paw, telling me it is ok.
I didn’t think so. I’m crying again.

When it comes to freezing nicotine, I seem to be the only one who put it all in batches of 10ml bottles.
I don’t use much. It’s a PITA to break it down, but after that I don’t have to do any measuring really.

7 Likes

It sucks being a parent when you outlive them all, doesn’t it? They are our babies.

8 Likes

Yeah, but not outliving them is equally bad. What will happen to them :scream:

I have a 4 year old Labrador who doesn’t even want to go for a walk with anybody else.
She’s been content with my small garden for almost a year, when I was too ill to walk.

No way she was going without me, not even with my daughter, and she’s crazy about her.

That goes two ways, I wouldn’t leave her somewhere else either, not for an hour even.

I had the same attitude with my children. As long as they were not able to talk and tell me what happened, they were not left in anybody else’s care.
I don’t have a lot of trust in human kindness.
My dog can’t talk, ever, so…

7 Likes

How are you now?

6 Likes

I’m slowly getting there. I can walk now. Going to the park is my first, and only, priority at the moment.
My thyroid was fucked, long story, but it’s ok now. Problem is that I’m still dizzy 24/7 and my hearing seems to be blocked at the back of the ears.

That’s where the vestibular system is located that regulates balance.
Got to go to an ENT next month.

I can’t seem to put any weight on either. It wouldn’t surprise me if that is a result of having a brain that still isn’t functioning as it should. I have to concentrate on everything I do. Automatic pilot is not functioning

8 Likes