HiLIQ Free Shipping Coming!

I should rephrase my comment…“It sucks being a ‘4 legged’ parent when you outlive them all” is what I meant to say.

6 Likes

I understood. Two legged ones usually do outlive you. Unless you break their necks :smiling_imp:

I was just going to apologise to the OP for derailing this much, but it’s me :rofl:

7 Likes

I would LOVE to hear more about this and how it is affecting you, but we will do so via private chat.

4 Likes

I am finally going to hit the sack, but I would love to know more.

5 Likes

Different part of the world here, it is 11:35 AM, time for coffee!

3 Likes

That’s a beautiful thought, Natbone. For what it’s worth, I read somewhere that they immediately recognize us on the “other side” and come running.

6 Likes

What a story. Thanks for sharing that.

5 Likes

Thank you SD, I very much appreciate it.

5 Likes

Thank you so much KC. Your’s and everybody’s words have been so helpful.

8 Likes

You’re very welcome @muth.

4 Likes

@SessionDrummer or anyone else with thoughts. A manual freezer has positive attributes but is it a good choice for storing nic? What do I do with my nic while defrosting?

4 Likes

As far as NIC Deep Storage goes @muth, IMO, you NEVER want an Auto-Defroster anywhere NEAR your NIC. The heater elements kick on (as they do in auto defrosting), and now you’ve increased your oxidation. If you ever really get HEAVY icing, you could exfil the NIC into another freezer, or fridge long enough to defrost totally (if needed), then move back.

5 Likes

Oh, okay, so a manual is a good thing? I definitely need more space and there’s a cyber sale going on for a mini freezer I was thinking of getting. Sounds like I should pull the trigger.

5 Likes

It’s up to you which style, but I’d be very leery of anything with a HEATER in it LOL.

My -45F medical freezers never need deep deicing, just chip any off around the door seals, and that’s about it.

6 Likes

This is not a medical freezer by any stretch. -11 to -10.4F

3 Likes

It’s all good in the neighborhood @muth. Lower = Slower. Lower Temps = Slower Oxidation. AND, if you are buying your first DEDICATED freezer, that’s actually a HUGE DEAL. Shared freezers can get opened over and over causing temp changes, but dedicated, NIC ONLY freezers don’t get disturbed often, and are perfect for deep chilly sleeps.

5 Likes

It has a lock on it, too, which I like.

5 Likes

Thx SD, I think I’ll do it now while on sale. My needs are most likely far less than yours so it’s all good.

5 Likes

Please share with me what you decided on so I can be on the look out myself. My big spare freezer is opened a lot.
P.S. How is Nikko today?

7 Likes

You are a true treasure Muth.

6 Likes