Holiday Gift Exchange!

I had practically this same idea a couple weeks ago. Kept it to myself because I was afraid it wouldn’t be well received. I’m so glad this is a thing now and of course, I’m in!!

I also want to say something to those who can’t participate for whatever reason. No need to feel you owe anyone an explanation. I remember when I was young and hardly ever had two nickles to rub together. Christmas time would always depress me so as I couldn’t afford to do the things I wanted for those I care about. But you know what, I learned something. Sometimes a material thing holds far less value than a kind word. Here at ELR we have that in spades, and is one of the main reasons I blab on here so much. If you can’t, won’t or don’t want to participate, you can still give a wonderful gift by sharing your knowledge and expertise, a kind word, an idea. As they say, the best things in life are free.

6 Likes

Oh I was totally joking! Haha as much as I would love a new Tesla car, I was only teasing :wink:

1 Like

Well put @SthrnMixer! ELR in and of itself is the best gift I have received in my vape world!

3 Likes

She’s probably already put a down payment on it man. Dang…now she’ll have to give it to me. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Very well said, dear. Very well said. :smile:

2 Likes

It was afterall inspired by @Amy2’s and @Alisa’s generosity in other threads. So kudo’s to them for being in the Christmas Spirit early enough to get this going.

I am glad the idea was so well received because we do this at our Geocaching Christmas parties and it is so much fun. And how else am I to get someone to try my recipes (insert mischievous ulterior motive here) :laughing:

4 Likes

My wife just got me into this! We jumped online to find out there was a spot right across the street from our house! After the very thrilling hunt we found it and it was this extremely technical…gadget? that you had to turn like a combination lock that raised higher and higher after every successful turn. Very fun thing to do with the kids!

3 Likes

Yup. Kids love hunting caches. I have one hidden that is an actual rock that I machined a hollow into the bottom and made a plastic plug to seal it up. I then carved a big “X” into the face of the rock. It blends in to the environment so well even I have trouble finding it. And I know exactly what I am looking for lol. If you are ever in the Indianapolis area seek out “X Marks the Spot”. It’s a favorited cache by a lot of folks in Indy.

2 Likes

Just so everyone knows, the limit on spending is “recommended” it remain below $30. But that doesn’t mean someone can’t get me a new Mustang GT.

I have put together a list of everyone who has commented “I’m IN” in this thread. I know it is suggested we send 0mg juices. But if anyone has a preference reply here and I will keep the list updated. It would also be nice to have a general idear where everyone is. So here is the list so far, and I have added my info…

Alisa - Texas - 2mg
Big_Benny_MI - Michigan - 3-6mg
LordVapor - Indiana - 3mg
Pro_Vapes -
JoJo - Alabama - 3mg
Whiterose0818 - Kentucky - 3mg
tbt127 - Virginia - 3mg
DarthVapor - Florida - 3-5mg
sillyrabbit - Texas - 3mg
StrnMixer -
john70 - British Columbia, Canada - 1mg
bradslinux - Kentucky

1 Like

Alisa - Texas - 2mg
Big_Benny_MI -
Pro_Vapes -
JoJo -
Whiterose0818 -
tbt127 -
DarthVapor - FL - 3-5mg
sillyrabbit -

I know of one you missed.

1 Like

john70 posted in the Giving Chrismas Spirit! V2 thread. Is that who you are referring to? If so I was waiting until he posted here to add him.

Oh lol. 10 characters.

2 Likes

Alisa - Texas - 2mg
Big_Benny_MI -
Pro_Vapes -
JoJo - Alabama - 3mg
Whiterose0818 -
tbt127 -
DarthVapor - FL - 3-5mg
sillyrabbit -
StrnMixer -

2 Likes

Oh you mean this thread

1 Like

Yeah lol. This is the one

2 Likes

British Columbia canada! 1 mg

Sillyrabbit lives in texas. 3mg

I fully support this and intend to give at least a couple of things away anyway. . . BUT I try to stay pretty anonymous online in general so I won’t be participating.

I think it’s a rad idea and it just goes to illustrate how unusual the culture of this forum is on the interweb.

@daath, do you have like, a life, that isn’t this? Either way, I don’t know how you do it, but we appreciate it. Goofy and humorous emoji appropriate for situation here.

4 Likes

Understandable. But I don’t think you have much to worry about with this crowd.

1 Like