How do you label your bottles?

One of my Premium Blend Labels…

1 Like

Anyone still interested in trading ejuice? I’ve worked up several recipes that I’ll be making more of very soon. I’d upload label images, but being a new user, I’m still forbidden. :confused:

8 Likes

Nice @Eugene1

1 Like

Cool post. I am just in the process of making a design i will upload it and let you see when i get near a comp.

A little confused to the small print and whats to be put on it

1 Like

Just playing around with the Dymo labelwriter today… FUN

4 Likes

1 5/16 x 2 3/4 Rectangle PREMIUM Water-Resistant White Inkjet Label Sheet.
They look great, can handle ultrasonic with the right ink and plenty of space.
And very affordable.

http://www.labelsbythesheet.com/items/rectangle-labels/premium-water-resistant-white-rect-inkjet-labels/1-5-16-x-2-3-4-rectangle-premium-water-resistant-white-vinyl-inkjet-label-sheet-br-usually-ships-sam-detail.htm

1 Like

I’ve gotten tired of my little peel and stick labels using a Sharpie to write on them. Since I’m not quite ready to go commercial just yet, but at the same time am dropping off free samples to the shops, thought I better do something. So I picked up this Brother QL-710 Label Printer. Easy to use and at least now I don’t look like some half-wit knucklehead with hand written labels. I look like that with printed ones LOL :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Told a co worker what I was after idea wise, and had him tile a printable pdf for me, it’s got hash marks so I’m able to cut them neatly with a paper cutter, I keep them bagged up for new recipies, when I run out, I will just print more up.
[Edit] I made these to fit 15 - 20ml bottles which translates well to 110 and 220ml bottles as well.
Held in place with scotch tape.
Labels come of with little effort which is kind of a plus, but I also use a fine point sharpie(in my own shorthand) to label the bottles which survive crock pot mini baths.

This pic was of my first labels, we’ve cleaned the design up some since.

1 Like

Does your label printer do color man?

Edit: I guess my lazy ass can look it up :wink:

1 Like

Nope. I’ll save that for if/when I find some success. Let the printers do something professional.

Extra fine tip paint markers. Works great on glass and very slow to wear off plastic.

4 Likes

Where did you get your bottles from, like the look of them. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

The label makers that run on ribbon cartridges may be pretty useful. Had them at my old job, companies would ask for a part with a particular combo, white letters on blue or black on red (worked for silicone molding company that made parts for places like drug manufacturing suppliers)
Also why I mentioned the dust and debris in the Tupperware container, even in an ISO 7 you’d be surprised the amount of contaminants.
The colored labels would make it easier to find your juice. I ran out of labels actually and grabbed these colored ones from pharmacy on the way by. Colors are helpful I started doing my fruits in green, cinnamon’s in pink, and custards in yellow… Working pretty good so far, packing tape makes them water resistant too

onlinelabels.com has some juice resistant labels for inkjets that I’ve been using.

5 Likes

Fianlly got.something made up lol

Just plain old sticky lables i made a word doc with the sizes drafted up i just copy and paste my label and print and stick

Would love glossy ones though
On the back it has the usual warnings %s etc

4 Likes

I just got the Brother QL-700 for Christmas ( I didn’t actually get it until last week), I think the only real difference is yours is wireless. I only was able to play with it for about and hour or so, because I’m traveling for work and was only home for 1 day (this last Sunday). @SthrnMixer are you using the software that came with your printer or are you using something different?

I also purchased a roll of off brand (i.e. not Brother) labels and a reusable label roll holder that makes this printer very cheap to use instead of having to purchase the name brand and more expensive labels.

1x Compatible Brother Large Address Label Roll (DK-1208) With Reusable Cartridge - 1 Roll for $7.60 each

Subtotal : $7.60 USD

Shipping : $4.95 USD
Total : $12.55 USD

2 Likes

Well I had a hard drive failure and had to reinstall winders a couple weeks ago, so rather than get the software off the disc I just got it from Brother’s website. The P-Touch Editor. Works great. Plus I created a folder on my Skydrive to keep my designs. Can’t seem to figure out how to get the software to remember the file path which is a little bit of a pain but that’s really just a couple mouse clicks.

Yes, mine does have wireless…thank God. I really don’t need another thing sitting on my desk. Actually my desk has a hutch shelf and I have it sitting on top beside my main printer. Wireless is very fast. Oh and another buggy thing, for some reason it keeps forcing itself as the default printing device which kind of sucks because my wife likes to use Air Print off her iPad and she went through about 5’ of tape printing some crap off of Kmart.com.

I highly recommend the plastic film tape. If you know where to get that cheap I’m all ears (and eyes :slight_smile: )

1 Like

Actually I was just looking for that (clear labels) myself when I seen you had made that last post of yours.

I looked at that too but really prefer the white. I did get some off Amazon but it was around $20 I think.