How I create Recipes

For all I know @anon70102222 , you have the full Pokemon set and are a big flv horder! :crazy_face:

Yes it’s a topic that everyone loves to argue about. I don’t… but since its “the active” love to hate “chore” and damn Smoky for talking about it… yeah… the sad thing is “Someone” throwing temper tantrums like a 2 yr olds.

If I was to have respect for a teacher… it would be someone that would take their teaching as serious and not leave anything out. SFT has been around since I know I used to do it… 10-11 yrs… sorry some of you did not get the memo. :slight_smile: I can say they do not just lump flavors together in the labs either… but what the hell do I know? I dont make much off FLV… the contests, I do not get paid for. I do them to share good flavors both here and on FB. I do have a pay check every week from my lab. I could not live off what I make for flv if I did not. I do have a job hobbies and a life. don’t get all shocked now…

I do sft often. having to keep my mouth with recipes 4,6,9 flavors… does get really boring after a while… it’s why we change out our juices we vape. Why not go solos for a bit? even duals… Give your taste buds a break every now and then… instead of plowing thru shitons of flavors all the time. No wonder why people can not tell if their tastes ever change… I guess I hold others to my standards. I only wish we all mixed good juices and got along. eh but I do not care… like I said… this does not pay the bills.

My opinions on this will never change, no matter how much shade one wants to throw, these are mine.

Honestly, mixing can be fun… but face it… its only to stop us smoking and move on in life. You really do not need flavors to do that, but flavors are good. I am not saying to stop flavors.

It is the nic you all should be worrying about instead of sft.

5 Likes

Perhaps I could have worded it more clearly, but I did not mean to focus on new smokers looking to quit, but they COULD be in that group. Maybe I could have switched “new ex-smokers” to “new DIY’ers”.

I think about my early days, and it was simply trying to figure out the whole DIY thing, and mix up someone ELSES mixes, and wasn’t trying to learn anything about any specific flavors. For me that came well after the initial DIY shock wore off.

Quoting the above again, I don’t think anyone in their right mind could refute that point. If you don’t KNOW your flavors, how can you expect to mix successfully WITH those flavors ??

Don’t misunderstand @anon70102222, this is not about TO SFT or NOT TO SFT, this is simply, and purely about NEW DIY’ers. What’s going to be important for them, right there in the beginning, tackling all the different information at hand, mixing safely with NIC, etc. Despite MY personal need to SFT, I cannot make that manditory for brand new DIY’ers. It’s over their heads in the beginning, and would only work to further confuse, overwhelm, and overcomplicate things, that don’t need to be introduced to them yet.

This is not about SFT, it’s about WHEN that starts to really be important, not why.

4 Likes

There you go @authormichellehughes. After the BIG hurdles are done, THEN you break out the icing for the cake. Gotta build the cake first.

4 Likes

Michelle brings up an INTERESTING, and VERY ACCURATE point, where we MAY find ourselves TODAY. NOT back when many of us started, but TODAY. I think all of the bans/banning happening, may RUSH people into the DIY market, NOW, far more than before. That COULD lead to a massive influx (??) of newer DIY’ers, rush, rush, RUSHING into DIY under panic/duress.

4 Likes

And see I think of mixing like cooking so that is how I come at this. All starts with a food recipe and then turning it into a vaping recipe LOL

4 Likes

I mentioned this before about having someone ask me if they could vape 100 mg nicotine without diluting it. That’s what really pushed me to wanting to do a beginners show. Another asking if they could vape McCormick’s flavorings. You start banning flavors from people and you’re right they are going to look for what they can throw together and mix to stay off smoking. It’s a DANGEROUS precedent and I think it’s our job to help people understand how to create an e-liquid without killing themselves doing it first.

5 Likes

Well you’re very generous @authormichellehughes. Fresh might be a better note taker.

2 Likes

I don’t see a lot of people posing those types of questions here on ELR. Maybe I misread, or missed them, and I don’t visit many other sites now, so I cannot comment on that.

advance to a higher level of mixing prowess

Sure is a good goal to shoot for though …

2 Likes

Maybe, but maybe not. My take away, was not whether TO or NOT to instruct on SFT, but WHEN to instruct, i.e. NOT in the beginning, but after they’ve grown into the DIY scene. Not whether, but when.

2 Likes

I love your notes!!!

3 Likes

I wasn’t told that at my PREFERRED shop (the guy that taught me about STEAMCRAVE), but I visited many OTHER brick and morters, and that seemed to be what they were PUSHING.

2 Likes

Are you going to leave me alone any time soon?? :wink:

3 Likes

Sub Ohm tanks … lol don’t get me started. I would have never quit smoking if sub ohm had been the first one I tried. I STILL tell all new vapers to get a MTL tank… I know it’s worked for some starting out that way but my sister refused to try vaping again for two years when I started her on a sub ohm tank and I learned my lesson.

3 Likes

@anon84779643, wow, I actually DO that, but didn’t realize I WAS. Wait a minute ??

Kidding. If I’m in a mixing slump, getting burned out on WIP’s, or even like my recent commercial juice line test from Vape Kitchen, I can get burned out and fatigued. Guess what, I go BACK to more tests, to free up my palate !!! I still put shitty notes down that only I can understand, but it refreshes my palate !!!

3 Likes

Well Michelle, THAT mixer, and many MORE, will be better for you helping them.

4 Likes

You’re very kind @authormichellehughes, and your misplaced trust in my notes, does NOT go unnoticed !!!

:slight_smile:

3 Likes

Just a little while longer @anon70102222. Just a while longer …

5 Likes

Might as well shut down ELR I guess because there is no beginners info to be found here on any of these subjects…
What was the OP about again???

4 Likes

Hehe, I used to go into vape shops WITH my Provari, rocking none other than a Nude Phiniac Tank with Boge Cartos (MTL) just to SEE what shock and awe I could create. It worked 9 times out of 10, and they raced over to the counter, and grabbed up the CCOTD (Cloud Chucker Of The Day) and tried to upsell me on it.

4 Likes

@xxanalogxx If I remember correctly, I think it was about the new trend in cancelling Daylight Savings Time I think ?

5 Likes