I am so ill right now

Hehe, you know the deal, everyone loves boom and sizzle. 65 Hz., 12k-14kHz

2 Likes

Well, I think we have to agree to disagree on this one. That’s a lot of ifs and coulds for my taste and no appreciation for what the man experienced.
I guess you’re in some scientific profession and you seem very excited about the vaccine and the possibilities of modern medicine. Also you seem convinced this is all done for the greater good.
My view is based on my total lack of trust towards most of the players in this pandemic. The same people who usually don’t really give much on the public health are now trying to peer pressure everyone into taking their drug which without a doubt will make them billions.

Let’s talk more about your robot, we have much more in common in this field!

2 Likes

Not true

Exactly. Science is definitive. A feeling that’s why is nothing.

I don’t really care if people get vaccinated tbh. But science is science and emotion is emotion.

1 Like

I don’t know what size midbass you have in your mains, maybe cross at 80 Hz. ?

1 Like

Exactly. Agree to disagree.

1 Like

The midbass on the mains is accomplished by two 5" drivers per speaker. This is Focal however and handles flat down to 40hz. Technically I could cross very low but a blend of the speakers at the bottom end produces a smoother transition.

3 Likes

Interesting, dual 5’s.

1 Like

@Ed133 I’m very sorry to hear that. Glad he’s “ok” and I use that term loosely, but sorry about the side effects.

2 Likes

He didn’t. He said he had been diagnosed with it long before covid. He only said that after vaccination his condition exacerbated quickly and violently. He is surmising there is a connection to the vaccine and until more is known he felt there was a need to speak openly if it could save someone else from similar consequences as his own. Under the circumstances where the first shot caused him problems and then the subsequent shot’s reaction was even more severe, I would have presumed the same thing myself. In all honesty, wouldn’t you?

The original warning on a pack of cigarettes, “Smoking cigarettes may be hazardous to your health”, is no different from someone sounding a warning about the vaccine. I don’t remember anyone contesting or screaming from the rooftops about the original cigarette warning, only questions and lots of discussions. And this is what we should be having now about the vaccination, in my humble opinion. I believe we should be helping each other because for some, the decision can be difficult.

3 Likes

Lol, I wish you were our sound person back in the day when playing on stage.

2 Likes

I Might have presumed to know but it wouldn’t have meant I knew.

He said that given his peripheral neuropathy he shouldn’t have gone anywhere near a needle. Which is strange given needles are how they treat it often times.

3 Likes

I had no idea that Clapton got the shot, had a very bad reaction, spoke up about it, and was ostracized for it.

Eric Clapton has shared his experience of being vaccinated, calling his reactions to it “disastrous” and criticising the so-called “propaganda” promoting the vaccine’s safety.

In a letter written to Italian architect (and anti-lockdown activist) Robin Monotti Graziadei, shared on Telegram and verified by Rolling Stone , Clapton detailed the side effects he claims to have experienced after receiving the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine.

“I took the first jab of AZ and straight away had severe reactions which lasted ten days. I recovered eventually and was told it would be twelve weeks before the second one…,” Clapton wrote in the letter.

“About six weeks later I was offered and took the second AZ shot, but with a little more knowledge of the dangers. Needless to say the reactions were disastrous, my hands and feet were either frozen, numb or burning, and pretty much useless for two weeks, I feared I would never play again, (I suffer with peripheral neuropathy and should never have gone near the needle.) But the propaganda said the vaccine was safe for everyone…”

3 Likes

Yes, needles are involved in certain treatments for PN even acupuncture needles. But there is a plethora of treatments for PN, as well.

2 Likes

I’m sure it would had been a lot of fun. It can be a rough job. Each band member has a mental “image” of what things should sound like. Often with them way out front, lol. It’s an intriguing hobby trying to get things all working together well. Trying to get people to work together well? That’s another bag of worms.

3 Likes

Interesting design. The drivers are made from flax sandwiched between two layers of fiberglass. Each speaker has two passive radiators, one on each side. They call them 21/2 way speakers as one 5" handles bass and the other handles both bass and mid. HUGE changes in the speakers during the break-in period which is generally between 10 and 20 hours. You can check them out. They are called Focal shape Twins. The sub is a focal sub 6. Made in France.

2 Likes

Never heard of Clapton’s story, but couple of things are too often hidden

AstraZeneca (and J&J) have been suspended in several EU countries and that was for a reason, despite of overwhelming covid hysteria.

Norwegian Institute of Public Health (their CDC) even openly says on their website “Higher risk associated with Astra Zeneca vaccine than from COVID-19 disease in Norway”

4 Likes

I apologize to the OP.

@SmilingOgre

2 Likes

Same-same. Was vaccinated for everything, even some extra (but not for a flu and i am against covid vaccination). But based on Merriam-Webster definition we are anti-waxxers now (just like 79% Americans are; Note: …were, probably that had changed a bit in the mean time)

Merriam-Webster’s definition of the term: anti-waxxer is “a person who opposes vaccination or laws that mandate vaccination .”

The thing i am opposing is a segragation

Merriam-Webster definition: the separation or isolation of a race, class, or ethnic group by enforced or voluntary residence in a restricted area, by barriers to social intercourse, by separate educational facilities, or by other discriminatory means

I hope they go with the time and add based on covid passport in that definition.

5 Likes

For me Covid-19 hit me like running into a wall. Constant fever of 104. After The 14 day period of COVID-19 still had the same same 104 fever. Went to the hospital and was diagnosed with double pnumonia in both lungs. Was put on a drip of antibiotics and and a four day course of antibiotics in pill form. It wasn’t the Covid that would have killed me. My wife who gave me Covid-19 was basically asymptomatic. It affects all people differently. I vaxed even though I had antibodys 9 months after Covid. Went through all the typical aftereffects of the Moderna vax twice. Shivers, dead to the world for a couple of days, aches and pains. I’m 68. I figured men have a typical life expectancy of 78 years. I wanted to see my family. Life’s short. I figured what is the vax going to do to me that I already haven’t done to myself.

10 Likes

I’m sorry to hear that. But there are no permanent effect to your body, I hope?

3 Likes