I just want to keep on mixing with my 0.001g scale!

Not really. It is a “once you get used to it” you will pick up speed.

Maybe that is what your mixes might need, or you just do not want to try it… one the other… I still think you are a cool cat! Meow! :fox_face: oopsie… that wasn’t this — > :cat:

that depends too on your taste buds and how curious you could be… too! :stuck_out_tongue: js

So if accuracy is not a bad idea… and you could find a scale you can afford that will still do at least 120ml or 4oz… you would or you would not?? Im so getting mixed up, but its late… a nice glass of Brandy after a stroll around my hood… yeah… :stuck_out_tongue:

Issue was… I was tasting the difference from both work at the lab and home mixes… I was so stumpted lost and puzzled… but I know better now… have for a long time and I know all I can do is share what I know works, and works in both a person and a professional area called work.

Knowing your drops per ml… calculating your grams correctly, understanding there is a difference between a set 35 drop per ml and a 50 drop per ml… it all helps one to mix better, that yes, you will taste a difference, once you can adjust to the ideas. :slight_smile:

but again… if you do not want to drop into the rabbit hole… its cool… really… :wink:
I wouldnt want anyone to have an extra cost or to have to take time for figuring out even more to mixing that one doesnt want to do… Never did… just dont misunderstand me :slight_smile: :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

If we mix small batches, it’s unavoidable. We’re all humans, not machines. The larger the batches you make, the higher the accuracy becomes and the more consistent your juice results will be.

First of all, if you can taste the differences, I would not call your taste buds broken! It depends from person to person and recipe to recipe. Which flavors are you using? Some flavors are really strong and a drop more or less makes a big difference, other flavors are much more forgiving. And some people don’t care about little changes while others are really bothered by it. There are people who don’t even mix using recipes, they just put something together and like the surprise of a new mix each time and they don’t mind vaping something that isn’t absolutely stellar.

The good thing is, you’ve now found a way to deal with it :slight_smile:

This whole discussion feels a little like trying to explain the benefits of a 4K TV screen when someone’s always used a Full HD screen and never seen a 4K in action.
Full HD gives you a sharp image. Why need to go to a higher resolution and spend more money when you can see all the details? But all people who have seen or own a 4K screen will all say that the image is so much better to look at and it’s a worthy upgrade.
Both sides have valid points, all that the 4K viewers out there can do is share their experiences and tell the HD viewers that there’s much better and much more pleasant out there. And just like the screen size you’re talking about has something to do with the choice, likewise your mixing quantities has something to do with the choice between a 1g, 0.1g, 0.01g or a 0.001g scale too.

But in this discussion with SD, it just sounds like he’s being stubborn, trying to find excuses why he shouldn’t upgrade, even though he admits that he is working with super concentrates and walking a fine line on the limitations of his scale. But meh … it’s his choice. I probably make similar decisions in other areas of life and so does everybody else.

3 Likes

Oh really?
I just created a thread sharing my experiences with a more accurate scale. I like it, I see the benefits of it and I’m not saying you should buy one to improve your mixing or make better juice.
You’re the one who keeps coming back in this thread while you have no interest in it trying to convince us that whatever we do is not needed.

I’m not interested in NETs, I’m not going to go in those people’s threads saying that I’m just as happy with my RY4D or my Red Burley, that all the effort they’re doing may work for them but I’m in the majority because less people are using NETs and yada yada yada.

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
:rofl:

2 Likes

I know man, no worries. I’m taking all this very light hearted. You gotta do what makes you happy. If it is the LB-501, then that is it, end of discussion.

Nobody’s telling anyone you must or that you will suck if you don’t do it. Most people have a 0.01g scale because that’s what is generally advised to get when you start mixing. Now that I have my other scale, it’s a bit obvious to me that it was just a good compromise between small and large bottles for your mixes but since I mix more smaller bottles (30-60mls) and I’m using more and more super concentrates, I do notice that for me it works out better to have a scale that is less compromised :slight_smile:
YMMV

Whatever job you do, whether it’s mixing or not, it’s just always nicer to have the proper tools and for me that 0.001g scale just fits the bill. I don’t need to switch scales but even if I’m mixing bigger bottles, I still prefer to mix my concentrates on a more precise scale. Just a matter of confidence and that does a lot for the joy you get out of it.

4 Likes

Sorry, you completely lost me with your comparison. If you’re paying for something that you don’t get… that’s just wrong. When it comes to network speeds, I’m perfectly happy with a 75-100mbps connection :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I do get increased accuracy with my scale and I don’t do it to brag that my juice is more consistent or better than yours. I have it for my own enjoyment and confidence because I did have issues with scales that lacked precision IMO and because I think it makes such a big difference (more than I expected), I’m just sharing and saying that if you have the chance, give it a try and surprise yourself too.
That doesn’t mean everybody should jump on it. If you’re only mixing 100mls and more, you’re more than likely fine with a 0.01g scale. But just know you can get that same accuracy for a 10ml tester if you use a 0.001g scale.
For the money, you don’t have to leave it either. You can get a good functioning scale probably for less than a bottle of MF concentrate.

LOL, that really wasn’t necessary man. Like I said, I’m taking all this very light hearted. No worries, peace man :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Nobody needs to die today :wink:

4 Likes

Put the I in DIY and live and let live… happy chick here… I’m making great juice I can vape, and finding others that love it too… No desire to be a “professional” mixer as long as I can make great flavors that help keep people off of cigs, my job is done… but ya’ll have fun with the over complication ROFLMAO I like things simple and fun. Much love.

3 Likes

That’s exactly where the added accuracy comes into play. No more guessing.

Same here, that’s why I mix small bottles and why I need some better accuracy to not mess up my juices

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

I made huge strides LOL I bought and learned how to use an RDA… which yep tastes completely different from my tank.

4 Likes

Before you tried your RDA, I’m sure you were perfectly happy with the tanks you used (and probably still are). Now that you tried an RDA, I’m sure you notice the difference and understand where people are coming from when they’re talking about it, recommending them.

It’s exactly the same thing I was trying to do with this thread. Exposing people to new ideas to make their mixing life a little bit more enjoyable. I don’t look down on people who don’t use the best equipment or people that don’t use RDAs or whatever. I don’t think I’m better because I do either… it’s just a forum and all about sharing information and experiences. We’re all different people and we all have our different views, opinions and preferences.

6 Likes

As soon as I get the FLV Flavors for SB’s “Sugared Nectarine” then I’ll definitely need a bigger scale🤪

5 Likes

I will definitely say the flavor in an RDA is 100% different in my tank but yes I still love my tank more LOL even though I know now to test a mix in an RDA so I can tell the differences.

3 Likes

by the time you typed all this I could have had done 10 shots or even 12 juices, done. :stuck_out_tongue:

I really did not flip to get a .0001g scale because of shots. I got it because I did “notice” a difference between the lab juice that was created by my boss, and the juice I used to make…

If you do not notice a higher quality of juice when you vape… I guess it is on you. Am I saying that the scale effects juice made? NO… Im just saying there is a difference when you do some number watching. There is at least with ultras, a noticeable difference to me…

Your taste buds… change every 3 days, 3 weeks, 3 months and 3 yrs… You aren’t even the same person you were, 3 yrs ago, Sd… :stuck_out_tongue: haha!! Dontchya love that?? :slight_smile:

well most juice is either 100g or 120g, aint it?? :crazy_face:

Ya wana carrot??? lololol :stuck_out_tongue: no… I can’t share one right now… too busy stiring my coffee and waking up… thank goodness for holidays… :wink:

but…

Nopes… I actually steer folks to the aws501… most aren’t used to measuring… and yeps I am that wacky one at the grocery store, hogging the scales… in fact the scale wasn’t working right so yeps… I figured out how to calibrate the one in the store… and yes the manager noticed and was happy… yeah Smoky got a bit touched there… but honestly when I want to weight out my veggies, I want to make certain I know what they weight too… :tada:

4 Likes

I will say for anyone just reading this thread…

There are those of us that enjoy learning about our flavors, and the “magic” numbers and then there are those that really do not care, and are mostly percentage based mixers… Nothing wrong with that… but go ahead and mix a large batch of the ultras with rich cinnamon… light your mouth up on fire… then you will understand why it is important to be as precise as possible. Just making passable juice to keep one off the smokes… yeah… stick to standards, at least then you have the leeway… you pay for watered down flavors, you can get away with not being so precise… Dont waste your funds on ultra flavors… stick to the ones you know it wont matter if you are 1-2% off… Use more buy more… yeps. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Medic! Medic! Meeeeeeedddddiiiiiccc! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Now now… nobody got hurt
Take this and you’ll be fine

7 Likes

mhmmm… this one is better :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

This thread makes me glad I choose to lean towards just dumping 5ml of NET extract into 25ml of base mix! :joy:

100% NET liquids for the win!

3 Likes

I shall throw you a carrot !!!

3 Likes

There are even simpler methods. Just get yourself one of these
Top up with your ready to use base liquid, no scale or syringe needed.

7 Likes