I just want to keep on mixing with my 0.001g scale!

@Kinnikinnick did you weight out that 5mls? did you know it is an exact, or did you just estimate?? :stuck_out_tongue:

I think some folks take a lot of posts the wrong way, just like some only choose to hear what they want to hear :crazy_face:

Carrots don’t go too well with coffee :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

There’s something to be said for keeping things simple. :sunglasses: And for those that make and sell One Shots… Have fun going to the bank with all that money!

3 Likes

£9.99 for 62.5ml of concentrate, it’s not that bad :wink:

3 Likes

I do not think @anon28032772 is over complicating things, and I def know is not selling one shots…

As for the rest of your post… sounds like you might want to start one shots of your nets, @Kinnikinnick if you think there is a ton of $ in them… and you think you can snag a corner lot… more than welcome!

Don’t be grumpy… kick back and enjoy today while the clock spins… :slight_smile:

4 Likes

At one time, I used a scale to weigh out the extract. Now… I just suck up +/- 5ml of extract with a pipette and dump it into a beaker with my scaled base mix. I do like my 70P/30V w/7.5% nic base mix… so, I make sure that’s right, by scaling it out. Gots’ta have that throat hit! :kissing_heart::dash:

4 Likes

so you are a casual mixer… no shame in it, @Kinnikinnick… as long as you enjoy what you vape… :wink:
Just like there is no shame in the equipment or other ways others choose to mix… Solos from super low to super high, weights it all counts… it’s how anal one wants to get… but it does make a difference. No one can deny that. At all… Unless you just have not had a mix that blows your socks off…

this…

I do leave my base blend as it stands… however mixing with ultras I know will take all kinds of base, without!!! having to change the flavor amounts… so I am good… flexible.

I am now almost 50 days nic free… and I aim to stay that way…

I can not do throat hits any longer… 11 yrs ago I was so super sensitive to pg… I would give hives even if it was dropped on my skin, when I vaped I got golf ball hives in my mouth and throat. Allergist vouched. I use peg400… for others I do keep pg on hand, but I still can not touch it.

3 Likes

The big names probably still make good cash but the market is so over-saturated … I think it’ll be hard to survive for new mixers on the market, more like a hobby that brings in some change.

4 Likes

I can promise… if I had to live on my shots sales today, I would starve.
I do have a paycheck from my work, as well as flv affiliate funds, and I also do things outside of vaping.

How one makes their money should be private and personal. Unless someone is willing to support another… :slight_smile:

A few years go tho… I was clearing around 2-4k a month. Times change, and so do people.

2 Likes

Jupiter forbid! :confounded:

There ain’t no way I’m getting into dealing NET in any way shape or form! Why take something I love doing and ruin it by trying to monetize it! That way lies chaos for me! Plus, people suck! I had my time in the “customer service” area of this world (19 years worth)… didn’t do me no favors! :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Thanks! But, no thanks! I’ll just mix for myself and go play in the theatre… where life is beautiful 24/7/365! :performing_arts::classical_building::dancing_women:

3 Likes

The theory of simple.

2 Likes

All that is on you, @Kinnikinnick

I was raised that hobbies pay for themselves. Share what you know, love what you do, or step back. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

LoL… you missed out a word, Sd :stuck_out_tongue:

interesting book for those looking to read more…

https://www.sciencedirect.com/book/9780123870322/theory-of-simple-liquids

but I think we are way over topic… back to mixing I go… laters! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That sure seems to (assuming), keep it more fun, and less stressful. We should all strive for that in our lives.

2 Likes

@anon28032772 so what scale DID you settle on ?

2 Likes
2 Likes

I use 3 scales for mixing, .001 (100g max), .01 (500g max) and a 1g (3kg max). The last one for my base liquids when I mix liter bottles.
99% of my concentrates are mixed on the .001g
Most recipes, base liquids included are in 30ml bottles, so everything goes on the .01g scale. Whenever a bottle’s gross weight goes over 80g, I’ll switch to the .01g only for the base liquids.

4 Likes

You bet your sweet bippy! :laughing:

At one time, I thought about monetizing my NET hobby; researched the domain, purchased supplies, contacted possible vendors, set up a website… the whole shooting match! Then I said to myself, “Self? Why do you want to set yourself up to not be able put your head on your pillow at the end of the day and go to sleep in a minute and a half? You don’t need the money! Are you nuts? Why don’t you just ask the first person you run into next to kick you in the balls… right now! Why don’t you just dig a hole, jump into it and have any ole stranger start shoveling dirt on your head? Know any good lawyers? You better! Ready for all that paperwork? Late nights… balancing the books? Loss of quality home life time? Angry, unsatisfied customers? Shipping issues? Need I go on?”.

That’s when I said… “Thanks Self! I needed that slap in the face!” :wink:

But, back to mixing…

@Suomynona … “ I use 3 scales for mixing, .001 (100g max), .01 (500g max) and a 1g (3kg max)”

I use the first two types. :wink:… never mix larger than 500g; no need for my style of mixing.

4 Likes

I should make one shots and name them after vampire elixirs I’d be rich ROFLMAO

3 Likes

And use those names in your upcoming books wont hurt :wink:

3 Likes

Is this a 100g one or a 200g one?

3 Likes