IJOY Tornado 150 Sub Ohm

About a week ago I was lucky to have won the IJOY Tornado 150 Sub Ohm tank thanks to another of @Heaven_Gifts awesome giveaway contests. Aside from winning this tank… @Heaven_Gifts is an absolute wonderful vendor. I have ordered from them many times and will continue to do so. There are a bunch of members here who can attest to the great customer service, communication, selection and prices.

I wanted to review the tank as soon as I got it but was in the middle of getting my new place unpacked and organized…some pics of my new, almost done, office/lab setup are up here http://forum.e-liquid-recipes.com/t/what-has-made-you-smile-today/82607/201?u=mistersinner

So anyway…moving forward…this is my first review on ELR…or anywhere for that matter…so be gentle with me :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.

First things first… this prize/tank made it from China to NYC in 2 days…yeah…exactly.

The packaging is sturdy and most of the details for the tank and included parts are on the back of the packaging as usual.

We have a nice little chunky 25mm. diameter tank with a .3Ω pre-installed SS 316L coil that runs “best” from 80w-150w range. Well…unfortunately I can’t confirm that because I don’t vape anywhere near that high yet. I am usually in the 40 to 50w areas. However, even below the minimum 80w watt recommendation for this coil, it hits pretty nice (55w 70/30 juice no nic). The other included coil is SS316L as well that has the recommended range of 40-80w. I will try that guy next and then onto the rebuildable RTA. :yum:

The pre made coils and the RTA deck (which says sold separately on the packaging for some reason) consist of the actual chimneys as well. Pretty cool design except that I noticed the O-rings on the pre made coils and the RTA deck are a little loose for my liking. They can be easily moved or removed with a little play so be careful and make sure you tighten everything nice and snug.

Onto the RTA deck itself…2 Phillips head screws for the posts that have nice sized open slots for builds which I haven’t built on yet…please forgive me…I just want to run the pre mades for a while to test for leaking and performance first.

The air flow control section is pretty smooth. Not clicky but easy to adjust. I must say…the 2 O-rings are great on the AFC section. Taking off or putting the glass tank on feels like a vacuum. Very nice.

Here is the little guy with the pre installed SS316L .3Ω coil. Smooth threading all around. Super nice open kidney shaped holes for filling the tank. (Apologies for not taking a pic). One thing I have to say…the Delrin chuff cap shape on this tank is a nice surprise, for me at least. I do not have any tanks or rda’s with this style cap and so far so good with heat.

It does look and feel ridiculous with the included 510 tip attached though…nope, no thanks. Just awkward.

The spare parts/goodie bag comes with extra O-rings in red (at least for the black tank), 2 spare Phillips head screws for the RTA deck, a nice screwdriver, spare glass, 510 delrin drip tip, 2 pre fab fused claptons (no idea what material wire so I will never use them to be safe) and a sliver of cotton…seriously…no need for this but thanks…I guess lol.

I appreciate the time if you read all this and I hope it helps anyone looking to buy this tank.

http://www.heavengifts.com/IJOY-Tornado-150-Sub-Ohm-RTA-Tank.html

Salud!

16 Likes

Cool review and congrats on the Win! Those are some nice Claptons included!

2 Likes

Thanks brother. :punch:

2 Likes

Great review man! Just like a mini skirt , short enough to keep it interesting but long enough to cover the subject!:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Sorry to all those offended by my sexiest remarks!
Now is that an IPL you got going on , somehow doesn’t look like your normal Modelo.

4 Likes

Hahaaaaaaa thanks brother. Yep a Modelo :ok_hand:

1 Like

I am growing kinda fond of those chuff caps after getting a Moonshot .I agree that 510 looks a little odd for me as well.I had the same problem with the V3 Goblin , just felt a little weird.
I bet it has great flavor and it looks like an easy build when you get ready to give it a go.
I am guessing it has nice airflow as well , I like the looks of the adjustment ring.
Thanks again for the review!

1 Like

Indeed. Looking forward to building on it :thumbsup:

1 Like

Any issues with heat on the moonshot chuff cap?

1 Like

Not at all and it is very surprising as I am rocking it on the Noisy Cricket! Seen @SthrnMixer using one in a couple of pics he posted and he hooked me up with the build details.
I must admit I am now using two set up like that! They are right next to my @Whiterose0818 PWM mod in getting the most trigger time these days!
They are of course 22mm so they fit the NC rather well.
Here is a pic of my twins!:scream:

4 Likes

Looking killer! Thanks for the heads up :punch:

1 Like

Thanks for the review! Looks good

2 Likes

Very nice review @MisterSinner & congrats on your win!!

2 Likes

Hey, BH…what RTA/RDA did you end up setting on that mod? what kind of build?

1 Like

Good review @MisterSinner , it looks alot like the Joyetech ULTIMO with a different top cap.

1 Like

Thank you . :punch: yeah so far so good with the tank.

1 Like

I have been running it with the Bo-Sun rda , they are still one of my favorite drippers.The builds I started out with a fused SS clapton in the .300 Ohm , it was on the point of being a little too hot for me.The flavor was so wonderful that I still ran it like that for a couple of weeks.I then decided to try and build something a tad milder and went with the Grimm Green Noisy Cricket style build of 24 ga. kanthal , 15 wraps on a 3.5 diameter rod.It ohms out around .800 , it is a tad mild for my tastes.
I think the .550-.650 ohm range will be my sweet spot but that is the beauty of your PWM mods you can adjust to make any build pretty fantastic.

2 Likes

Your forgiven, as long as you do let us know the performance of the deck when you do build on it!!!

1 Like

will do! :wink:

2 Likes

Sweet review @MisterSinner :wink::thumbsup: very informative, my work mate bought himself this tank on a whim, I hadn’t heard of it before but he gave it me to set up for him, I have to say I was very impressed with it it’s a real nice piece, that was about a month ago and he’s loving it :thumbsup:

2 Likes

Thank you brother. You know I’m a big fan of your reviews :thumbsup: Glad to hear your friend is enjoying the tank. I’m looking forward to building on the rba deck after I get through the stock coils.

1 Like