I'm going to stop using PG and replace it with water

I had this issue with the nicotine from LNW. I switched to PureNic from River Supply and haven’t had any problems since.

6 Likes

Not even :slight_smile:

I put-in an order on Friday so I’ll tell you roughly a few days after then.

What I get… 250 feet of 28ga nicrome wire, 30 feet 26ga SS wire, 500mL of 100mg base, 250mL 100mg salt base, a new RDA for chain-vaping now mg juices, a new closed MTL tank for 50mg salt, a cheap and very ugly lunar mod for the equivalent of $USD3 as a backup mod since I figure that might matter one day if the others shit themselves :slight_smile:

That’s it I think? Oh and a little Vaporesso Play pod kit that was $70 off - one that looks like a zippo lighter which I don’t really need or want but couldn’t bring myself to ‘-’ it from the cart anyway.

I only came back to vaping again a few weeks ago, looked in the cupboard and saw 3 x half empty 15mL TFA flavours so a I’m starting from scratch this time round.

I’ll feel much better in a few months when I’ve got a stockpile built-up, but I would like to encourage fellow Australian vapers to not go fuckin’ nuts like they did with toilet paper six months ago buying out all the nicotine they can: we’ve got until October to order our shit, and pretty soon the American bans will kick in which will leave surplus nicotine sitting on shelves in warehouses for us to buy - DON’T GO NUTS and we will all get out cupboards well stocked in time.

For all we know, we’ll be able to buy 1000mL 100mg base for $5 on our medicare cards from any pharmacy without needing to order it, after October.

I’ve got another idea for fruit flavouring I’ll be trying that’ll be scoffed at so much more than water - cheapest, most spot-on fruit flavours available without any hit & miss :slight_smile:

Not that I generally like fruit flavours, but they’re alright as a palette reset from the desserts.

And not that the water was meant to be any kind’ve shortcut: just a way to avoid the dry/harshness from PG in sweeter juices that don’t benefit from dry or harsh, and water’s hardly a new idea anyhoo.

2 Likes

No reason to scoff at this idea.

Most of my fruit flavors are from TPA, FA, and CAP, with a few from Purilum, Wonder Flavors, Molinberry, Flavor Revolutions, LorAnn, and Flavor West. One from Flavorah. Oh! And one from Flavor Monks. And a couple of River Supply’s line which are damn decent, too.

They’re less expensive and not too bad, in my opinion.

4 Likes

OH they will scoff :slight_smile:

That’s fine though: some of us have to think outside the box or we’d all simply be doing the same thing, continually, forever.

1 Like

i would try it, but i don’t have any DW.

3 Likes

Me either yet, but it’s like $5/litre at Big-W: I’ve just gotta remember while I’m in town to grab a bottle.

1 Like

Most markets keep dw in stock. If it’s not in the water aisle look in the infant aisle.

3 Likes

I’ve been using distilled water for many years in my DYI. Your percentage may be a bit off though (just my opinion, I am not criticizing), but 5% is too high. I’d start with 80/20 VG/PG (20% of which is PG, and flavour, in total), then add 1% distilled water only.
The moment you go over 1% the liquid “boils” when you vape at high temperatures, or sub-ohm. Snap crackle and pop. It becomes an unpleasant vape. You can drop the wattage, but now you’ll just be bypassing the problem.

4 Likes

Nah that’s good: 5% was just a random number I pulled out my arse because it sounded low enough and people were gleaning from the title that I’d be using 40 or 50% to replace the standard amount of PG in a juice - the objective is to add only enough to reduce the thickness of the VG a bit, so if that’s a few drops or 1% max that’s awsome.

I’ve inadvertently vaped standard tap water in tiny amounts after rinsing coils I’ve washed and not quite dried - just trying to heat the water out so the juice could start absorbing: I know water doesn’t vape well at all - only steams on it’s own.

:+1:

Edit: @delltrapp - my auto-love-bot :heavy_heart_exclamation: :heart: :orange_heart: :green_heart: :blue_heart: :heavy_heart_exclamation:

Hope you’re a chick after that :thinking:

1 Like

Ahhh I was worried as well, I’ve seen crazy things happen before. I know my buddy does 4%, but he says it gets scary. Those pops are loud. I won’t say they will cause PTSD, but if you use a mech you may just want to have a spare pair of undies where you go.
I’ve heard of people adding vinegar to their tobacco blends, apparently it makes the flavour explode as well.

4 Likes

No the idea came when I was mixing some flavours I got last week and got to tasting the PG, then thought how my favourite flavours are desert/sweet/bakery/custards/creamy ones which made me further think Why the fuck would I want this dry, harsh, bitter shit in my custard or milk and honey juice?"

"PURELY for throat hit? But it’s more throat irritation because it’s only dry and awful…"

So I instantly concluded that in future I’m going to try max VG in all those kinds of flavours, but VG is as thick as snot obviously so doesn’t wick too well in closed tanks - which I still use when I’m out - though I then concluded since I almost exclusively use RDAs anyway who gives a shit how thick it is, but then figured some kind of de-thickening still needs to be utilized since I can’t be arsed having ONE bottle of 100% VG for painting my coils with a dripper and ONE bottle that’s diluted for tanks.

Hence, DW: just enough to thin the VG so any spitback is only sweet and flavoured without the unmistakable PG bitterness.

But I still want lung hit and to be honest I dunno why it’s been called ‘throat hit’ when that’s not what I’ve ever wanted and not what you get from a cigarette: you get lung hit from a smoke.

I figure at 12mg freebase or 36-50 salts I’ll get the lung-hit I want without the shitty PG taste ruining my sweeter juices in the future, though that does mean using more nicotine, but then again if the vape is more satisfying I won’t feel the need to be constantly chain-vaping, which consumes at least as much or more nicotine on average than vaping less at higher mg/mL.

Salts opened my eyes to this: vaping 50mg/mL Killer Custard on my little Endura T18 MTL tank, I found myself having a few hits, then putting the vape down for half an hour or so until I got the urge for another few hits: this is MUCH more like smoking than using lower nic levels and needing to constantly breath vapor.

Now I’m outta salts too, I’ve started chain vaping the 6mg freebase I mixed and NO amount of vaping seems to ever hit the ‘spot’ - because there’s no lung-hit which makes me feel like I’m vaping fuggin 0% shit so I keep going.

I want to replicate smoking not at all in flavour, but in behaviour.

I will still use PG for other flavours: maybe fruits like lemon/lime (& bitters) would see PG actually contribute something to the overall juice and tobacco flavours since smoke itself IS hotter and drier than vapor.

But for sweet/bakery/dessert juices, I just suddenly thought "WHY am I using this simply because it’s ALWAYS in every juice? Purely because it’s always in every juice mean what - that’s some dumb rule I gotta follow whether I like it or not?"

1 Like

Have you tried Flash? I bought some a while ago but haven’t tested it out yet. It is a synthetic throat hit, but without a taste. Funny though, the PG and VG we get here has very little taste, though I do find the VG sweet. Then again I never use more than 20% PG, which already includes my flavours. Right now I am doing 20% flavour and PG, add 1% distilled water, and I really don’t care too much, I simply fill the 100ml bottle with VG, by eye only. Works very well in all my tanks, RTAs and RDAs, very little dry hits.

4 Likes

^ That right there, is what I meant to point out at the top of the thread when the naysayers where trying to blow the debate away repeatedly flexing with scientific knowledge of why PG is a better solvent than Distilled Water at a molecular level - PG being a solvent and it seemed there was an entire essay about flavour molecules not dissolving in water because they’re not water-soluble.

Through-out that entire debate (cough @anon36682625 cough), nobody had the sense to realize that ALL the flavours we’re adding are already dissolved in PG because that’s how we buy them.

Whether you’re using 50% PG or 1% DW or only snot-textured glycerine, not only are we still adding some PG along with the flavourings, those flavours have already been dissolved so there IS no scientific basis to be saying that DW won’t allow those flavour molecules to dissolve when they’re already as dissolved as they’re gettin’ and ready to mix.

Gotta go cook my killer Mac & Cheese: white sauce made with fresh chives, nutmeg, powdered milk (so I can crank-up the creaminess to around 1.5x normal milk) and with enough vintage 36-month-aged Cracker Barrel tasty/cheddar to just tint the flavour mildly cheesy - not sickeningly full of the stuff, all garnished in crunchy bread-crumbs; lightly browned in organic salted butter - it’s legitimately awesome.

The most GOAT Mac & Cheese you’ll ever eat.

:goat: :goat: :goat:

1 Like

Comfort food on a whole new level, my Mac & Cheese is…

The fresh chives were mixed in ans sprinkled on top right before serving to add a little more texture and taste like little bubbles of freshness in among the white sauce.

Toldya it was :goat:

2 Likes

How is this for a juice label…

I feel like ordering it just to own a bottle with a photo of a real rabbit in a military uniform…

1 Like

Obviously I cannot comment with any authority but I very much doubt that we’ll be able to buy nicotine as cheap and easily as you suggest, let alone anytime soon.
I don’t believe we will always be stuck with this unbelievably new stupid law come October but it could be around for a while.

At least not while our all knowledgeable “Health Minister “ still sits in the chair.
I hope you’re on the right tracks but I’m sorry I just can’t see it.

3 Likes

I use 8% dw and get no boiling crackling but seldom go over 50w.

3 Likes

Yeah I’m hoping if it’s being script-only then chemists will be required to provide it, but faaark nobody knows yet do they?

I don’t THINK there’s any new news releases with information on how those cocksuckers will actually roll it out?

That’s pretty fn low too: not stating any more than ‘prescription only’ without any details.

F Greg Hunt - so much for @muth killing him with juju >:(

3 Likes

that’s interesting this Nicotine IS from LNW, I just got some nicselect I am going to try this ASAP thanks

3 Likes

No problem!

2 Likes