India Bans Vaping

Come on, let’s all be a little realistic here. How much of the e-liquid price is defined by the price of nicotine? Sure, flavors and nicotine make the largest portion of the price, but it’s still a tiny amount compared to the end-user price of e-liquid and that’s largely defined by what people can or are willing to pay for it.
If they’re going to hike up the price like you say, charge $45 for 30ml of e-liquid, people are going to go back to smoking tobacco by the masses and the e-liquid companies will be killing their own business. This is just not going to happen. There is already too much going on to risk that.

2 Likes

Okie dokie… tell ya what… Im just sit back and vape on my flavored nic juice… for a long time…

You are free to do what ever you think… Im def not stopping anyone.
I just know how it was back in 2004-2112 and the prices that went with those 30ml-4oz bottles.
I remember even with those high prices how saturated the market was… and still earning those kinds of prices… but eh… Im going to vape on :wink:

3 Likes

Yes, I remember the 2100s. They were indeed very good years ! :grinning:

2 Likes

Looks like they “bipartisan leglislation” are coming after open systems (ENND Act) :

https://www.wweek.com/news/state/2019/09/19/senators-mitt-romney-and-jeff-merkley-join-forces-to-propose-vaping-restrictions/

2 Likes

The irony (more at gross negligence of it all) - This is what a newly approved (smoking device) looks like, brought to you by big tobacco by the same FDA that is going to ban life saving ones:

2 Likes

From what I was able to find (in the FDAs own documents hyping the technology) surrounding the notorious Acrolein (95% of cardio-vascular risk when combusting Tobacco) as well as Formaldehyde (both described as being carcinogens), the expected levels of these substances where (quite significantly) higher in the IQOS system, as compared to some reasonable Vaping estimates. “Thanks, FDA’s Scott Gottleib” … :-1:

3 Likes

Our next DIY project will be learning how to grow a garden of tobacco for ourselves and then DIY our own high quality nicotine. No one can ever stop us from vaping if we choose not to allow them.

5 Likes

The only thing safe to say about this absurd approval is that may funnel a new revenue stream to revive the declining US cigarette market. The golden ticket though is the banishment of the vaping industry which has lead to it’s decline.

3 Likes

I dont think we need to panic a company like that will just relocate or join another company where they can inport and export they wont just give up its their bread and butter so i think they will melt with another company too rather get something and not just get nothing ( i dont know that is just my opinion cause that is what i will do if something like that happens.) Again just my opinion.

3 Likes

I think most people would be surprised by the size of the liquid nicotine industry in India. Most of the worlds premium nicotine base is sourced from India and China. Disruption of this supply source supply will drastically increase the price. But, this is probably one of the least concerns, because when the pencil pushing corrupt elite figure out the only way to kill vaping is to prohibit consumer purchase of nicotine, then it’s over. If there is a flood of black market activity in e-liquid, that will no doubt be the next step. Think about it, if they are thinking about banning refillable atomizers, why wouldn’t they severely restrict nicotine sale?

6 Likes

I learned you need “X” amount of land for different tobaccos :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I was dearly hoping that my closet (with a fire-hazard grow-light) would get me through “Flavageddon” … :grimacing:

3 Likes

Good find there @HVPGH.

The legislation would ban refillable vape cartridges, and also force manufacturers to make their cartridges tamper-proof by rolling out new standards regarding the design of e-cigarettes. This particular piece of the legislation emerges as national suspicion swirls that extra liquids could be added to vape cartridges, either by the user or by a third-party unknown by the manufacturer—possibly causing the severe respiratory illnesses being reported across the nation.

“These cartridges that can be refilled are a huge temptation to put in other fluids into the cartridges, like THC oil and THC oil that has been diluted by other substances which can be incredibly risky, and maybe responsible for many of the illnesses and many of the deaths that we’ve seen,” Merkley says in the video.

1 Like

Same here Raven.

1 Like

That’s essential part of capitalism, isn’t it? If there is a demand, someone, somewhere, somehow will figure out how to fill it.

3 Likes

As the US has just found out, India will do the same when their black market kicks into full gear and people are going to be truly ill. I’ve been reading for years, both from there and in the Gulf, of mass poisonings from bootleg alcohol. Vape juice will be no better.

2 Likes

Who knows … I’ve heard Brazil is open for business and they have a lot of cleared land for tobacco at the moment.

2 Likes

Interesting @Suomynona

https://www.famous-smoke.com/cigaradvisor/5-things-brazilian-tobacco

1 Like

make sure to keep that closet closed… if a cat gets in there… you could end up with nothing :stuck_out_tongue:
I hear kitties just love closet grown things with a grow light! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Was just joking there. No cat, no blazing hot grow-light in my tiny urban studio apartment. Got about ~100 Gs of Nicotine, ~1 Liter of NET extracts in PG , Liters of PG/VG, 4 mods, 4 RTAs, 2 RDAs. Doomsday ready.

3 Likes