What proportion of vapers do you think make their own eliquid

To be fair they were ones that I don’t mind not getting back, and wouldn’t of been worth trying to sell. My good ones noone plays without my permission and only under my supervision!! Hahah :crazy_face:

5 Likes

My guess is 1 out of 100 vapers make their own liquid,it could even be as low as 1 out of 500 in other words I can’t even come close to guessing,but I am sure we are very few and far in between the millions of vapers.

5 Likes

Hehe, I did, hehe. I thought about culling that, but, …

4 Likes

Butt, heehee (minions)

5 Likes

If it wasn’t for you guys and some youtube reviewers, idk; I probably wouldn’t have. I haven’t published any recipes, simply because they are good enough for me, currently, but not ready for prime time just yet. I got damn lucky and nailed tobacco (well ry4 type) out of the box, and I am soooooooo grateful for that, THAT has kept me going, as I always know I can do that. I just converted over to the weight/scale method, so workin out the bugs. Debating on a magnetic stirrer, ever sense I saw Phil Busardos. Love you guys, you all were really helpful!

6 Likes

May want to hold off on that…

6 Likes

Ditto, my magnetic stirrer has been retired for maybe 2 years now. My GC Homogenizer gets used everyday I mix, the difference is night and day for ease of use and results.

Anyone wanna buy a lightly used magnetic stirrer? :laughing::laughing::laughing:

7 Likes

Maybe, but definitely not yours. One can only imagine (though I wouldn’t recommend it) where that thing’s been…

4 Likes

Oh, I see how it is…my reputation has done me in again…sigh

4 Likes

Yeah, I know…I’m gonna have to get better at this all first, so, me and the handy dandy scale are gonna get better acquainted. I have serious concerns about some of the shipping costs with the chemicals, especially now. But, yeah, anything is cheaper than smoking; and that is what it’s all about.

4 Likes

ELR has in excess of 200,000 registered users. Not all are DIY’ers and not all are active…
Also, there are over 2.5 million private recipes.

7 Likes

I’m guessing the percentage is low but climbing with all the bans and taxes and whatnot. I’ve only bought 4 commercial juices in the past 5 years and only because I needed an extra purchase to get free shipping.

5 Likes

Half of those are mine :stuck_out_tongue:

Gee thanks @daath, at least for sign up’s we do not do too bad :slight_smile:

3 Likes

there are about 3.5 million vapers in the uk. given 30,000 of ELR users are from the UK, then I guess @Chrispdx number is pretty close, i.e. 0.5% to 1 %

3 Likes

I was about to say 1% in the U.K. as well as America and maybe Western Europe. It’s a very small percentage, though it’s going to grow quickly in the USA now I’d think

3 Likes

Interestingly, in my circle around 30 to 40 percent are mixers, but I don’t think that’s the norm for Australia, just the people I associate with… :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

5 Likes

How do you all and up getting g nicotine, or you just don’t? Is there an underground market ?

None of your premade eliquid can have it either right?

4 Likes

There is no Nic available for sale in Australia at all legally. No pre-made juice is allowed to have it and we are supposed to have a prescription to import it for personal use. We can still get it from New Zealand but in Oct they are cracking down on the importation and will need to get a doctors prescription to get it through customs here… I use 100mg PG based but only use between 1 and 1.5 mg in my mixes. I figure when I run out of my Nic supply I will either vape Nic free or just give it away…

4 Likes

I genuinely don’t understand the dichotomy of Australian policies - but I’m really sorry you lot can’t get it. Should I assume cigarettes are also illegal?

7 Likes

Cigarettes are only illegal if you are under 18 and get caught.
It’s ironic how many school kids in uniform I see smoking cigarettes and nothing is done about it.

We can still get it, just have to jump through way more hoops.

6 Likes