Introducing the GC, Game Changer Homogenizer

Hey buddy, good to see ya!!! It’s a perfect size. Love it for 125ml batches. I could buy a shorter container if I wanted to for smaller batches but I still have the PS you helped me find on the web. Making small batches with the PS gives me an excuse to use it on occasion.

10 Likes

Funny you should mention that. Check out how careless I can be. (I would say dumb but @Sprkslfly won’t let me talk bad about myself) :grin:

I poured 200 degree vg and pg into it!!!

11 Likes

My family believes me to be blessed because sometimes my head is in the clouds (Aquarius here) and there is no room in my brain for frivolous memories i.e… 200 degree Fahrenheit “sticky” liquid into a plastic container!!

Ya. Anybody know an Aquarius? Ya… Sometimes it can be quite frightening.

10 Likes

Biting my tongue.

9 Likes

Trying being on the cusp of Pisces and Aries. I don’t know if I should give a hug or a slap upside the head. Maybe a hug with a pat on the head would work…

10 Likes

I have both sizes I think the bigger one is the best option since it will do all sizes of liquid with the small one your limited to under 120 ml

9 Likes

I’ve had no problems making 200mil batches with the short one. I use a 250ml glass beaker from a set I bought many years ago from Karter Scientific. Never used them until I got the GC. Very happy I bought them. I bought a set of both the standard beakers and Erlenmeyer flasks. Come to think of it, I think I have a set of the tall thin tube ones somewhere. Don’t think any of them would work for mixing 10ml though. Just have to use the old prehistoric way and shake and sit.

7 Likes

With the big GC I have made 1000ml batches. The VG takes a while to get up to 140F, I heat it in a beaker with my thermometer in the middle of the VG. It worked well but I have only done it twice, I would say 500ml max is probably better.

10 Likes

Haha, I’ll take either or. lol.

True, then the only issue is finding something to mix in, that will fit while simultaneously covering the first hole.

9 Likes

Have the small one arriving soon.

8 Likes

@Dan_the_Man Why on earth were you heating VG that high?
Holy WTF Batman!

8 Likes

I wrote this at the other joint when responding to Dan:

VG has a boiling point i.e. where it will become gaseous, at 290 C = 554 F . There are tons of cannabis tincture recipes around which call for VG to be heated to 240 F for several hours. But that is the tip of the iceberg.

VG is used very widely; cooking, baking, syrups, cosmetics, medicines, soaps, toothpaste etc. etc. etc. It is made using high temperatures applied to usually palm or coconut oils. It is considered a sweetener and used extensively in low fat cooking. That moist cake from the bakery is loaded with VG to hold moisture.

From the beginning I have always advised mixing flavor materials, PG, and VG together in a closed container. Indeed, the GC was designed for mixing in Boston Round glass bottles for convenience. Flasks with stoppers work equally well for larger volumes. I cover beakers but normally don’t use them’ So yeah Dan you’re on to it. My tests indicate no need to exceed 140. That doesn’t imply that you shouldn’t or can’t.

Minimum temp for commercial food preparation in the US is 140 F mandated by health regs.These products wouldn’t exist if heat couldn’t be used when added to foods and beverages.

10 Likes

I have a small GC and I’ve used it in both 20 and 30ml Boston Round bottles, it works fine. I’ve also gone up to 150ml without a problem. I’m loving this thing. :grinning:

11 Likes

I live in a dungeon and if I heat it to 150 it cools off too much by the time I get back down the stairs.

Thanks, I am sure I wouldn’t have explained it that well.

Me too!

7 Likes

This might be a silly question. But would the GC having the same speeding impact using MF?

5 Likes

I would say no but let’s get @fidalgo_vapes in here. He uses both.

6 Likes

My bad, I should have let you answer instead. Sorry.

Being a vendor I should not answer here but can in the vendor section. I’ve been promising to write some info for quite some time but have been swamped with work. I’m laid up from surgery (knee) so please watch for postings. I have some things that I will introduce for the new year also.

Very interested in what @fidalgo_vapes has to say.

6 Likes

No need to apologize. I am truly glad you answered.

me too.

6 Likes

I addressed this in post 3…
But the short answer is YES.

It doesn’t matter if it’s an extract, or synthetic flavor (meaning chemically formulated in a lab from real and/or artificial components), the result is the same.

The process will be greatly expedited by using the GC under the recommended conditions (heating the VG, and using the proper tools [which have been specifically chosen for speed, power and manner of connection]).

MF and certain other extracts may need an additional 24hrs (where most are ready in minutes/instantly), but it’s still a MASSIVE improvement over the 1 month minimum associated with most extracts using traditional methods.

15 Likes

Absolutely …as a matter of fact MF is the biggest reason I bought a GC and the success I had with it is why I got both sizes .

14 Likes