Introducing the GC, Game Changer Homogenizer

It seems someone was looking out for you. Glad you’re OK. I’d bring over some beers if I was local.

5 Likes

As much as I am anxious for one, you take care of whatever you need to attend to. We can wait. I hope you didn’t experience too much property damage and everyone is OK.

8 Likes

Thanks bud, all is well and the lathe is turning :rofl:

10 Likes

Whew, that’s a relief eh? Tornadoes are like those little rubber balls, they bounce.

Thanks for the info on the strator holes and the vent holes. I understand how it works a little better now. The whole shearing of liquid particles is amazing to me.

3 Likes

Absolutely dying to get my hands on mine. I convinced the fiancee that it was a necessary purchase :wink: along with the black n Decker RTX :rofl: super excited. Glad to hear your house is okay @anon36682625

How far down the wait list am I?

8 Likes

What size cylinder do you use for 10ml SFTs?

4 Likes

I’ll check when I get home tonight and get back to you.

5 Likes

Thanks Walt :smiley:

4 Likes

Ok, So the one I have is a 25ml graduated cylinder with an ID of 17mm. Here’s the catch. It won’t work for 10ml batches. I use a longer ProScientific probe for those. The game changer is shorter and you would have to go to 25ml batches to get it deep enough into the liquid to work properly.

6 Likes

Ah… good to know thanks Walt. Had been looking at purchasing a couple of 25ml cylinders. Are you using anything thing else for the 10ml batches?

4 Likes

Might try Polypropylene cylinder and cut down to size

4 Likes

Sounds like a plan. The only thing I use is the 25ml cylinder with the longer probe. It’s handy.

5 Likes

The " tall form " beakers have worked great for me… they are a little more expensive but the GC first port hole is covered when I’m mixing in them compared to the standard size Beakers

8 Likes

How smaller beakers have you used? I plan on making 30 & 60ml mixes in the bottles and 120 and above in erlenmeyer flasks. What method do you use to make 10ml SFT’s using the GC?

5 Likes

I went to 20ml and i use the " tall form" 25ml beaker . i like the Tall Form beakers bc they are tall and thin so the GC holes are all covered except the very top hole…I have been so lazy when it comes to

7 Likes

Which one are y’all using? I would like to have both sizes but I can only afford one, so I went with the bigger one.

7 Likes

using the small, if I use a 15 mL bottle I can make 10 mL test size. Can use a larger size and tip the bottle on an angle to cover the hole.

8 Likes

@Rdubu Nice. Do you make bigger batches by any chance and if so, what is the most you have made at one time and how did it go? If you don’t mind answering that of course.

5 Likes

@Dan_the_Man I sure don’t mind answering. I have made up to 120mL. I am not sure where I saw the post on ELR, but at one point I read that some of the beta testers or early users were mixing in larger batches than 120mL with the small probe. I feel that you could mix higher than 120mL, making sure your VG is at least 140 degrees F. I am very pleased with my GC. I am using 15mL, 60mL and 120mL dripper style glass bottles; the smaller bottle I make 10mL test mixes. I also have some beakers and flasks I use as well, I prefer the bottles because I can put a lid on during ultrasonic to degas the mix. I store in plastic but am apprehensive mixing directly in the plastic since the probe is a high shear device; not sure if it would pull in small plastic particles of plastic into the mix. Better safe than sorry.

10 Likes

Yours was one of the first and I saw no need to make it as long as the pro scientific. I don’t remember the length but the small one now measures 4 inches from the bearing housing. (bottom)The larger 4 3/4 visible tube. I based my measurements on bottle sizes and flask sizes but if there is a need, the length can be extended for the future. Suggestions are always welcome.

9 Likes