Introducing the GC, Game Changer Homogenizer

The most I’ve done is 150 ml and it handled it just fine, afaik. I normally mix ADVs 180ml at a time, but I’ve cut it down to 90 ml. My typical mixing routine would be once every 2 -2.5 weeks and it would take me 2-3 hours because I’d make my ADVs and whatever new stuff I wanted. I want to change that, I’m tired of it. Tonight I mixed up one ADV at 90 ml, hit it with the GC and was done in 15 minutes. It’s a nice change after 4 years of mixing basically the same way.

9 Likes

Hey fidalgo :smiley:. Mind if I ask you some questions about the GC size options? I know I want one and have an RTX but not sure on the size yet. No hurry. It would just be nice to have an answer when Dan makes his next batch.

5 Likes

Thx, Natbone, that helps a lot. I only mix for myself so I’m leaning towards the small size. I also want to be able to make recipe and flavor testers. Your example gives me a good idea of how things could change. Plus, I’m not as disciplined as you because I wasn’t consistently mixing my ADVs so as not to run out and have the next one ready steeped. This sounds like it would be of great help to me.

6 Likes

The small one fits easily into a 20 ml Boston Round bottle. I’ve been making 15ml for testing and it’s a great change being able to vape them the next day.

6 Likes

Ask away …It really depends on what you doing . I would say the big one is the one that is best across the board . With the big one you can mix any size , ehere the small one seems to be limited ( 150ml to 500ml) but if your doing 120ml and less the small one will be fine and it will fit better for 10ml sft in a 15 ml chubby gorilla bottle ( wide mouth )

5 Likes

Make it in two batches of 150. Shouldn’t be a problem. I’ve done 200 on the small GC, but think I’ll go back to 100 x 2. I had to do it for a few minutes and honestly, the arthritis was acting up in the hands so it was tough. I need to find a stand…probably have to improvise somehow.

6 Likes

These work good and will fit stand rods.

I’ll try to take a pic tomorrow holding an RTX and GC. $13.21 and pretty well made.

8 Likes

Thanks!!! :ok_hand:

5 Likes

Awesome dude, that is good to know but I am curious as to what you mean by this statement;

what do you mean? I am planning on getting
back into MF and I am curious.

:blush: :hugs:

It’s all good my friend.

:metal: :metal: I couldn’t find a headbanging emoji.

Sweet, I need to get me one of those.

8 Likes

Here are the pics I promised. Note that I am likely the worst photographer ever. :sweat_smile:

Shown with the large GC.

There are several ways to adjust these so its not hard to set where you want. Also they will fit different rod sizes so its easy use a hardware store rod to make a stand or use anything . A second can be used to hold a bottle.

11 Likes

I wash out and reuse my nicotine bottles. The emptys come in handy.

4 Likes

I have a Dremel Drill Press Workstation. I wonder if I can rig it to work as a holder with my RTX. I’ll have to look it over. Or maybe use the $13 clamp along with the workstation. Hmm, more to think about. Thx for the link.

6 Likes

Even 10ml testers?

4 Likes

The drill press doesn’t have enough “throw” to lift out of a bottle. I think its about 2 inches up and down which isn’t enough. Several at VC have used them but had to modify them. Simon, @Tworrs, @TamVapes might be able to advise you on that but I’m not sure that the RTX will work with it in any case. Maybe.

My favorite way is like this:

You simply insert the tube and the black housing sets flat. This lift up or lift out makes everything easy. You may be able to use the workstation in a similar way.

8 Likes

So you are manually moving up/down by loosening the black handled bolts on either side of the rod?

5 Likes

No. I just lift up the Rotary tool and put the bottle under and let it slip back down. Once the height is set nothing needs to be adjusted. The second pic was taken by Zippy of things I made for her. There is a black ring in her pic that sets on the bottle opening. See Use Tips for the Game Changer (first posts)

7 Likes

Are there any videos demonstrating how these stands work? I can follow the written explanation to a point but I’m more of a visual learner.

6 Likes

No but I’ve bought some equipment and really need to make some video’s. Too dumb to learn how i guess but I’ll get there. :rofl: I had it in my shop today messing with it.

The way I made these was to just drill a hole in the disk very slightly bigger than the stainless tube. It just sets there without anything other than the drilled hole and disk to hold it in place. It’s very stable but allows you to lift up to put a bottle under it or lift out for cleaning. But yes, a visual would definitely help. I registered with YouTube so I can upload. I imagine that will be quite a learning experience for me. :scream:

About half of the users use these handheld without a stand at all but I can see where that may be tiresome.

7 Likes

I guess you can but…I dont think its the best choice for 10ml testers …Let me ask you this …What are the sizes you usually work with ?? Most of the time are they 10 ml testers than 30 , 60 120 ml ehrn you finalize a recipe ??? If so I would get the small one

6 Likes

I have the Dremel workstation, and I just hang the Dremel 4000 off the top bracket at a height that is about right for the bottle or flask that I am using.
Mostly I just hand hold the Dremel, as it is only for a relatively short time while the GC does it’s thing.

7 Likes