Introducing the GC, Game Changer Homogenizer

For anyone who has ever mixed their own acids/additives the biggest pita is the time it takes to get the powder fully dissolved - the GC totally smashed it probably saved a good hour in mix time. Turn your speakers down before watching the Dremel is loud when the phone is close to it. (sorry for my shoddy camera work)

20 Likes

Wow, that final shot, should convince even the biggest critic. Very impressive.

11 Likes

Yep the proof is in the pudding nice one Simon real pretty to watch mateā€¦

9 Likes

What is the hottest we should go with the vg and what is to low when heating it?

Also, what about cleanup? I am sure this was answered but I canā€™t find it. can you just put it in some water and let it run for a min?

3 Likes

60C is the sweet spot for the VG. And a few seconds in water or straight PG will do just fine.

4 Likes

Do you have to heat the VG or does it just help the GC do its thing? Also any idea if not heating would stress the motor of the dremel and shorten the life?

4 Likes

You need to heat the VG to 60C for best miscibility. @anon36682625 had a real nice video showing heated vs. not heated.

8 Likes

Yes.
Guitarded recommends 140Ā°F (60Ā°C).

Though I would say no less than 120Ā°F (48.89Ā°C)

Very likely.

Not worth the risk to either the dremel OR the bearings in the homogenizer.

7 Likes

Thanks guys! At least the GC doesnā€™t look like a $200 tool to the wife lol. Sheā€™s going to ask why I needed another dremel and now a hot plate as well :man_facepalming:

11 Likes

Man, waiting for my name to pop up on the list is killing me! Canā€™t wait to play with it.

11 Likes

I canā€™t wait to hear what you think about it @lostmarbles.

5 Likes

Iā€™m sure it will be nothing short of orgasmic, my friend. :rofl:

7 Likes

9 Likes

@anon36682625, great video.

5 Likes

Approximately by the end of this week barring any complications like the tornado that hit my property 2 weeks ago. :sweat_smile: :laughing:

6 Likes

That isnā€™t your creation but it looks close and I see he doesnā€™t have enough liquid to cover the second hole.

So why does our second hole need to be submerged and what happens if it isnā€™t?

5 Likes

I believe itā€™s about the PROPER lubrication @Dan_the_Man.

4 Likes

The Teflon bushing is just below the vent hole on all of them regardless of make or model. On mine that is one inch from the bottom of the tube. The liquid will lube it at that level. When running there is a strong suction that will also do this. My advice has been that it is best that the hole be submerged but to never run without a one inch liquid depth and to never run it outside of liquid when dry. PTFE or Teflon (trade name) has the lowest coefficient of friction of any suitable product and will withstand over 400 F. I have ran the bushings dry for test purposes and it took awhile before any damage was noticeable. While it is very slick and chemically resistant it does not have strong mechanical properties like many others. Like many things, there is a trade off. Others are mechanically strong but not suitable because they will not withstand even half the temps as Teflon.

I need to take the time to write a users guide to clarify these things and as yet have not. I apologize for this and will get to it asap. I did lose some time with a family emergency and also from a tornado. I have many people anxiously waiting so have tried to focus on that.

The 6 holes at the bottom of the tube are ports for the liquid to exit and I refer to them as the stator ports. The high speed rotor inside shears the liquids particles while developing high pressure inside the mixing chamber which forces the liquid to exit the stator ports. The Teflon bushing blocks the liquids from being pulled upward though has a very small clearance for lube purposes.

The larger holes are vents. The hole one inch from the bottom is to allow any liquid that finds it way through the Teflon bushing to not be pulled up any further and to also provide drainage . The top vent hole about 4 inches from the bottom performs a similar function but is mainly to counteract any suction that would develop above the Teflon bushing and allow drainage of liquid. The first vent is more often than not submerged.

I will publish a user guide in the vendor section and post notice here.

12 Likes

Thanks for the very detailed post @anon36682625, and I hope everything is OK in regards to the family, as well as the whole ā€œtornadoā€ thing. I can only imagine.

5 Likes

Miraculously there was not much damage to my home and shop building. I had several downed trees and things blown everywhere. It even blew a glass table off my deck and toppled my wrought iron grill. It was a hell of mess but I know I was lucky. A cornfield next to my property was flattened with stalks pointing in every direction and you could see the tornadoā€™s path where it touched down. Apparently it lifted up and went over my home.

8 Likes