IPV4 Reading Stainless Steel Coils

Last night P4U released the much anticipated update for the IPV4. With this update the IPV4 officialy supports titanium wire and can now reach 120 watts in power mode. Updating it almost identical to the IPV3, but I figured I’d list the steps I took to update mine, including links.

Download the SXi update package

Download the IPV4 Update

Install the SXi Program

Open said program

Turn off your IPV4, remove the batteries, and plug in the USB cord

Click the connection icon

Click install driver.

Install the driver for the IPV4 (should be the only option)

Close out of the driver pop up

Click connect

Click return (the icon at the top center of the window

Click open file

Browse to and open the IPV4 update package

Click Upgrade

???

Profit!!!

A post from reddit …this worked for me !

I’m not getting this option. I keep getting Win 7 or Win 8 for some reason and it won’t connect to my IPV.

Did you reboot after installing the program ? Batteries out of the mod and turn it off

Mine didn’t recognize till I rebooted the pc

It must have been something with my laptop. When I put it on my desktop it took it the first time. Thanks for helping me out. One of my displays don’t photograph well. I just realized my 2nd IPV4 doesn’t have the mirrored finish to it.

That Update has Pole Vaulted IPV4 to my new favorite TC Mod. 100 Joules TITANIUM… They can’t touch this. Everytime I think it can’t get any better… it gets better. i’M GLAD i HAVE 2. ***These mods are TC on Steroids…***They’re gonna kill the Sig 75w. Sig better reach deep on the 150w TC.

2 Likes

so can I update my ipv4 for titanium??

1 Like
1 Like

Yes sir ! go do it !

1 Like

done!!! chaching!!! and I thought I was gonna have to buy one!!! haha thanks guys!!!

1 Like

Here we go boys ! First titanium experience …yup …yupppppp

1 Like

Ok…I think my IPv4 also took the lead again …wow 70 joules on this titanium coil is probably the most perfect Vape I’ve ever had …wow

3 Likes

Awesome to hear man…

Come on Mr. Postman

1 Like

There’s not a doubt in my mind your going to love it ! Did you get the ipv4s or just the 4 ?

1 Like

hi is ss wire better than kanthal wire?

I think it delivers much better flavor and vapor. It was my go to wire before I started using Ti.

1 Like

so you mean ti wire is the best now? what gauge u using and how many wraps? spaced or not? because i can’t find the best setting for ti wire and so I prefer ni200.

I’m using 22g to 28g with temp control. Best vape I’ve ever had. Titanium wire grade 1 and 2.

Spaced wrapped is best for TC mods. .5 ohm to 1 ohm. I usually build between .05 to .1 ohm.

1 Like