Is shake and vape really a thing?

Hello everyone, I’m new to mixing but I keep seeing these recipes that are considered shake and vape. Everything i taste right after the shake or even an hour or so later tastes pretty much like nothing. Will the flavors come along in a week or so? Everything I’ve made so far smells amazing, it’s really a let down that they have no flavor.

7 Likes

Most fruits I find in about 5 days Bakeries week to 2 normally But I’ve mixed uncomplicated 1 flavour and vaped that day .after a steep your mixes should be better

6 Likes

@LDG87 most times S&V’s fall flat, or have many rough edges. Try them again after a short steep with shaking.

6 Likes

More information is going to be needed.
What are you vaping on ?
What Flavor are you trying to vape and at what percentage?
There are a lot of variables that go in to a mix to make it yours so taste of a flavor can be tasted.

7 Likes

But sometimes they are winners cough cough cherry cola :man_shrugging:t2::joy:

7 Likes

Only if you are impatient, can not/will not wait the required amount of time for it to properly steep and don’t care about vaping sub-standard flavor or getting the most out of your DIY e-liquid. On the other hand, VG/PG can be vaped in an instant! :smirk:

8 Likes

Yea, shake and vape is a thing. But for me I still find it best to give a couple days before even bothering to vape something.

In a previous comment someone asked…what are you other variables. What are you using to vape? And which recipe are you mixing?

One common issue is over flavoring. This will screw up the flavors really quick.

If you want expert advice. Type in your recipe.

Eg.
straw ripe tpa 10%
Marshmallow fa 3%

10 Likes

Hey there. I’m new to this forum and just stumbled across this post. I have to say, I find the concept of shake-and-vape really interesting. I’m not sure if it’s something I would try myself, but it’s definitely something I’m curious about

3 Likes

What makes you curious? Why have you never tried it?

3 Likes

It all depends on your level of patience. All e-liquid benefits and improves with steep time. Wait it out and you’ll have a better result than shake n vape. If you’re impatient and/or didn’t plan ahead then shake n vape is your only alternative. It’s a choice you make and choices either come with good results, or not so good results.

8 Likes

If you can get La tabaccheria net tobacco mix it in bottle then vape it ,I didn’t believe it till I tried only liquid i know that doesn’t steep

6 Likes

Guys, you’re talking to bot (or at best to someone who’s here for other reasons, not vaping).

7 Likes

Shake and Vape can be a thing, with most Fruit flavours. Though any mix will develop in 24-72 hours to most the notes in the recipe.
As for developing further, Yes would be the answer, though the time it will take will depend on what flavour concentrate brands you are using.

A simple rule is that no recipe will be better with age so to speak if it tastes SO SO on the Shake and Vape from my experience Some great advise here and keep mixing.

4 Likes

Yep! I was wondering if I could get the bot to respond. When an account is only a couple hours old is a big clue.

7 Likes

Interesting observation. I looked at the “Bot’s” flavour stash and they have a selection of 25 different concentrates they have added, not sure I have seen a bot do that before…
Could just be a new to the forum poster?

10 Likes

Just in case… Let’s hit him with my favorite Newbie link…

8 Likes

I should be more specific. I meant blessedpiu (after opening this one year old thread and couple of answers s/he had received).
LDG87 is legit.

4 Likes

Ahhh, that makes more sense… :+1:

4 Likes

Shake and Vape is a thing but it has determined factors like what type flavors you are using ( fruits, custards, tobaccos) and your VG/PG blend. I have quite a few fruity type mixes that vape really well off the shake with very little harshness (some fruits can be harsh after a shake, ie like citrus flavors, most fruit mixes mellow as they steep) custards are usually tasteless or horrid to me until after they steep like a week or two. And I find that some tobaccos can be harsh or even bitter after a shake and require a long steep to mellow out the flavor. Also using too much of any flavor can mute a mixture and cause it to be tasteless. The mixture of Vg/Pg can also affect the flavor of your eliquid after a shake. I almost always mix max VG for myself (VG and VG based NIcotine. It keeps my juice from being harsh though it does take longer to reach its full flavor potential.

Shake and vape can also be affected by the type of hardware you use. I tend to stick with open dropper type RDA’s as I get instant flavor to the coil. I find that RTA’s and pods may take a few puffs to get full saturation as the coil isn’t submerged in eliquid but the cotton has to draw the liquid to the coil.

6 Likes

Welcome to the forums @NeneMatthew. Yes, all flavors can benefit from the aging process. Be wary of the ‘quick-steep’ methods you might see though. Most are bogus. Keep caps on, store in a cool dark place and you’re good.

6 Likes