Jungle Flavors / Flavor Jungle Single Flavor Tests by SessionDrummer

The only one i havent tried

4 Likes

Ultimate Passionfruit (Flavor Jungle) 3.0% (10-13-23) – This one wowed right out of the gate, and never quit. Granted I don’t mix with PF much, I’ve started using it more in some Custard mixes, as well as the more expected fruit mixes. This one had a great authentic, and natural taste, with just the right amount of what I call a light “fermented” note. At 3% it was nicely full, and it didn’t feel underpowered, with a sweetness that was actually a few ticks below mid-level. No off-notes could be found, and I looked long and hard to find any nit-picks, and about my only issue would be it lacked just a few of the brighter, top end notes. It wasn’t completely devoid of them, but it seemed to be focused on the mid notes with a few low, and a few high, and I would have loved just a SMIDGE more of the high notes. Even as it was, it was hard to fault this one, as it was very accurate, and with a nice little fermented kicker on the finish. Tasty, and that’s coming from the NOT fruit guy at that. With minor take-offs for the slightly recessed brighter high end notes, this one felt good at a 9.0/10.

12 Likes

Ultimate Lemon JF 2%

Bright punchy authentic yellow lemon. Strong, as in 1/2% accent. Compare to FE lemon but not as much of a candy. This one is juicy, authentic, tart, no pledge notes or off notes.

Preferred single flavor mix: 1.0%

I think I like this better than lemon drop (Capella) but for some reason it’s really strong to me. I don’t get much candy, but maybe a smidge. I get more “candy” from FE.

My 2¢ :grin:

10 Likes

Ultimate Tutti Frutti (Flavor Jungle) 3.0% (10-13-23) – Many people don’t know this, but Tutti Frutti was the FIRST gum sold in a vending machine. YES, that’s right, back in 1888… At FIRST, I had thought this one was purely a Pink Bubblegum, BUT, as I worked my through the testers, I DID keep getting some light, to very light fruity undertones. Wow, talk about a delicious bubblegum, this one was it. No dry notes, except for maybe the powdered sugar coating that is. YES, it was in there too. The BBG was done very nicely, and it almost had you wanting to blow a bubble !!! Pink, just below mid-level sweet, and with no off-notes. It wasn’t the strongest BBG flavor, and I almost wished I’d tested it higher, at maybe 4.0%. Even still it was a great authentic pink BBG, with light fruity undertones. About my only two nit-picks would be the slightly lighter presentation, and the fact that I couldn’t BLOW any bubbles with it. Pink, authentic, and tasty. Leaving this, the LAST Ultimate in this series at a 9.0/10. Just almost as perfect as it could have been.

13 Likes

Exactly what I got at 3%!

5 Likes

Lining up the new(er) Flavor Jungle Flavors …

Ultimate Banana Tutti Frutti (Flavor Jungle) 4% (1-23-24) – Wow, this one took some time for me to unpack. First, “new” one on deck, and it was tasty as hell, BUT, there was a “but”, AND, it might not be as big of a but, as you thought. Starting out, at 4% this one was damned good, and very full. After running FOUR testers on this one, I could pick out no off-notes, or real complaints. The banana in this one, was almost spot on perfect for my tastes. VERY fresh, with plenty of green, and green/yellow notes. ABSENT were any over ripened, mushy, or brown notes, which for MY tastes were always a turn off. Your tastes may vary, but for mine, the nana was about 99.9% perfect. Now the BUT. The but was that that bubblegum (aka Tutti Frutti) was a little low in the mix. It WAS perceivable from beginning to end, but it was just a smidge light. Now this could be because it was paired so perfectly WITH the banana that it was slightly concealed ?? Maybe so. As long as you weren’t expecting a slamming bubblegum, and you love bananas, I don’t think you could NOT like this one. There was an almost “creamy-ness” to this one, but it was NOT a banana cream. It also was not a thin, light, or weak flavor at this testing weight, and almost tasted like it had a very light bakery element very low in the mix, and just enough to thicken it up a bit, and it worked.

Tasty, VERY hard to put down, plenty of fresh, natural nana with a healthy dose of green, and green/yellow notes, with a light bubblegum finish. Sweetness was close to mid-level, and it suited the flavor well. NO runts, or overt candied nanas, as the fresh green, green/yellow notes carried most of the freight here. It wasn’t 100% natural but leaned heavily that way. If I had to rate it on taste alone I would probably have released the Kraken, BUT, I’ll have to mark down just a smidge for the lighter bubblegum, but even that, feels like a nit-pick at best. VERY good flavor, hard to put down, and leaving it still at a very high 9.4/10. Although not a banana cream, I can see a LOT of uses for this one.

Ultimate Biscuit (Flavor Jungle) 5% (1-26-24) – Sorry guys, I just kept refilling the tanks, and got totally lost in it, hehe. And that IS a good thing. To start, Flavor Jungle spec’d this as “Up to 5%”, so that’s what I did. Stellar, at this weight, and dare I say, it could be a finished One-Shot, right out of the bottle. We all know the differences between US biscuits, which are typically like Bisquik, vs. UK biscuits, which are more like cookies. This flavor was a combination of both, and more. I had NO issues running it at 5%, and it was damned good at that weight. It had a lot going on, and I’ll try and break it down. It presented as a combo of a shortbread cookie, American biscuit, a light cinnamon free graham cracker, a smidge of pecan sandies, with some light caramel notes. Yeah, hehe, there’s a LOT going on here, and it’s ALL good. There was a nice grainy-ness to it, and although not overly buttery, there was a nice little hint of it on the finish. YES, you could run this solo, ALL day long, and keep coming back for more. I know it can be hard to visualize (taste wise) all of those elements combined, but it/they simply just worked. There were some nice darker notes, which were similar to burnt edges, but without the burnt, if that makes sense.

At times it seemed to very loosely remind me of SSA’s Caramel Biscuit, but only in a very LOOSE way. Rich, grainy, and full at 5% had me never second guessing running it at that weight. What was nice, was it was a strong departure from FJ’s OG Biscuit, so it wasn’t simply a re-tweak and release, it was a holy new flavor. Sweetness was a few ticks below mid-level, and honestly, I tried and tried to find ANY faults, or even anything I might ADD to it, and I couldn’t. This one was complex, covered a LOT of bases, and was unlike any other Biscuit on my racks. I can see this one being used a lot, and in many ways, which will be one of it’s strengths, as it encompased many different biscuit aspects. VERY hard to put down, and it really tasted, just almost perfect. Leaving it at a 9.9/10, JUST a hair off of perfect.

Ultimate Peach (Flavor Jungle) 2% / 3% (1-27-24) – I started out with FJ’s rec of 1-2%, and decided to push it to 3% which provided minimal gains if at all, so it would appear 2% is probably the top end for this one. This one presented as a mostly yellow peach, sweetened, with some juicy-ness, and light white peach accents. Even at it’s 2% top end it wasn’t an overwhelming, in your face peach, but it held it’s own. Sweetness was just below mid-level, and there were no off-notes to complain about. At times I got an almost Apricot on the finish which seemed to help sell it. It tasted mostly natural with some slight articial/candied notes, and I’d place it about 80% natural 20% artificial. While having juicy-ness, it did have a somewhat dryer, slightly astringent finish, that I wouldn’t call an off-note per se, but be advised it was there. Smelling it in the bottle it seemed more yellow than when testing, which is where I picked up on the lighter white peach elements. A solid, mostly yellow, mostly natural peach was what you got with this one, with just a PINCH of skin on the finish as well. Although I didn’t have any real take-offs, it felt like it could have been just a bit MORE Ultimate, so leaving it still fairly high at a 8.95/10.

Ultimate RY4 Double (Flavor Jungle) 4% (1-28-24) – Pushing onto the 2nd to the last in this series, with the U RY4 Double. At 4% this one was great, and I didn’t feel the need to increase it at all. It presented like many other RY4’s and with the typical nuances. A somewhat lighter tobacco, some very good caramel, and a good dose of “dirty”. Now dirty wasn’t bad in this flavor, and it did work. I couldn’t tell if it the “dirt” was coming from the Caramel or the Bacco, but in the end, it didn’t matter. It was there, and it added some nice dark earthy-ness to the flavor, and helped to offset the somewhat sweet profile of it. It registered maybe a tick or two above mid-level, and at times I wondered if it was TOO sweet, but then I settled on “not too sweet” as it seemed to work opposing the dark earthy-ness very well. It really seemed like there was another profile, probably a bakery-ish element hiding lower in the mix, .as it had more weight or bulk than a simple caramel/bacco. Maybe a graham crust, but hard to say. The caramel was very good tasting, and with the “dirt” it as well, favored a darker tone. All in, an impressive showing from FJ. No off-notes to complain about, and abou thte only “maybe, kinda, sorta” complaint would be the sweetness level(s), but again, that was just a “maybe”. Sweet, bacco, caramel, light bakery, and some nice dark, dirty/earthy thrown in for good measure. Kicking down just slightly for the slight candy-ness, and leaving it still high at a 9.1/10.

Ultimate Strawberry Tutti Frutti (Flavor Jungle) 5% (2-4-24) – Sorry guys, got distracted loading up the new NomNomz SC’s. This, the last NEW Ultimate in this series turned out to be somewhat of a mystery. Surprisingly, it wasn’t overflowing with Strawberries, or Tutti Frutti. Yes, you read that right. There was SOME SB in there, but it was fairly overpowered by more of a generic “pink chewy candy” than anything else, and if there WAS some Tutti Frutti, it was buried. Sweetness was just below mid level, and I didn’t pickup on any off-notes. Even though this one didn’t really push alot of SB, or TF, it would still be useful in bolstering SB mixes. The light SB I did get was slightly tart, candied, and shrouded in a pink chewy. All in, maybe not my favorite of the new Ultimates, and not terrible, but relegating this one to “mixer” status, and leaving it about half way there, with a 5.0/10.

12 Likes

Ultimate Banana Tutti Frutti (Flavor Jungle) 4% (1-23-24) – Wow, this one took some time for me to unpack. First, “new” one on deck, and it was tasty as hell, BUT, there was a “but”, AND, it might not be as big of a but, as you thought. Starting out, at 4% this one was damned good, and very full. After running FOUR testers on this one, I could pick out no off-notes, or real complaints. The banana in this one, was almost spot on perfect for my tastes. VERY fresh, with plenty of green, and green/yellow notes. ABSENT were any over ripened, mushy, or brown notes, which for MY tastes were always a turn off. Your tastes may vary, but for mine, the nana was about 99.9% perfect. Now the BUT. The but was that that bubblegum (aka Tutti Frutti) was a little low in the mix. It WAS perceivable from beginning to end, but it was just a smidge light. Now this could be because it was paired so perfectly WITH the banana that it was slightly concealed ?? Maybe so. As long as you weren’t expecting a slamming bubblegum, and you love bananas, I don’t think you could NOT like this one. There was an almost “creamy-ness” to this one, but it was NOT a banana cream. It also was not a thin, light, or weak flavor at this testing weight, and almost tasted like it had a very light bakery element very low in the mix, and just enough to thicken it up a bit, and it worked.

Tasty, VERY hard to put down, plenty of fresh, natural nana with a healthy dose of green, and green/yellow notes, with a light bubblegum finish. Sweetness was close to mid-level, and it suited the flavor well. NO runts, or overt candied nanas, as the fresh green, green/yellow notes carried most of the freight here. It wasn’t 100% natural but leaned heavily that way. If I had to rate it on taste alone I would probably have released the Kraken, BUT, I’ll have to mark down just a smidge for the lighter bubblegum, but even that, feels like a nit-pick at best. VERY good flavor, hard to put down, and leaving it still at a very high 9.4/10. Although not a banana cream, I can see a LOT of uses for this one.

10 Likes

Looks like the Ultimate line is a success overall. Thanks for taking the time DMan!

3 Likes

Thank you @Lostmarbles. I only wish they were ALL “ultimate”, but most are good to very good IMO. This just tested Banana Tutti Frutti was an interesting one, and hard to fully convey. I very much appreciate it, and I hope if YOU pick up a few, you post YOUR thoughts !!!

Thanks again.

5 Likes

This was a funny one eh?

Ultimate Banana Tutti Frutti 4%

This is a funny one to describe- it’s not runts, but it’s slightly artificial. It’s dark, like overripe bananas smashed up to use in banana bread or pancakes. It’s creamy, not dry. It’s not candied, but again slightly artificial. Soft smashed up bananas. I really think this will be useful in cakes/breads/pancakes/waffles/milkshakes…not a bad flavor. If you like banana flavors, I’d pick this one up. It’s not bubblegum like the picture on the bottle. It’s not runts. I think 2-4% in a mix is good.

6 Likes

Nailed it @Lynda_Marie. I think I’ve added another one to my cart already LOL.

4 Likes

Ultimate Biscuit (Flavor Jungle) 5% (1-26-24) – Sorry guys, I just kept refilling the tanks, and got totally lost in it, hehe. And that IS a good thing. To start, Flavor Jungle spec’d this as “Up to 5%”, so that’s what I did. Stellar, at this weight, and dare I say, it could be a finished One-Shot, right out of the bottle. We all know the differences between US biscuits, which are typically like Bisquik, vs. UK biscuits, which are more like cookies. This flavor was a combination of both, and more. I had NO issues running it at 5%, and it was damned good at that weight. It had a lot going on, and I’ll try and break it down. It presented as a combo of a shortbread cookie, American biscuit, a light cinnamon free graham cracker, a smidge of pecan sandies, with some light caramel notes. Yeah, hehe, there’s a LOT going on here, and it’s ALL good. There was a nice grainy-ness to it, and although not overly buttery, there was a nice little hint of it on the finish. YES, you could run this solo, ALL day long, and keep coming back for more. I know it can be hard to visualize (taste wise) all of those elements combined, but it/they simply just worked. There were some nice darker notes, which were similar to burnt edges, but without the burnt, if that makes sense.

At times it seemed to very loosely remind me of SSA’s Caramel Biscuit, but only in a very LOOSE way. Rich, grainy, and full at 5% had me never second guessing running it at that weight. What was nice, was it was a strong departure from FJ’s OG Biscuit, so it wasn’t simply a re-tweak and release, it was a holy new flavor. Sweetness was a few ticks below mid-level, and honestly, I tried and tried to find ANY faults, or even anything I might ADD to it, and I couldn’t. This one was complex, covered a LOT of bases, and was unlike any other Biscuit on my racks. I can see this one being used a lot, and in many ways, which will be one of it’s strengths, as it encompased many different biscuit aspects. VERY hard to put down, and it really tasted, just almost perfect. Leaving it at a 9.9/10, JUST a hair off of perfect.

17 Likes

The Kraken was pacing with great anticipation but has been left agonizingly short of his/her temporary release.

3 Likes

Okay, you may have seen my “rage” emoji. I log on and avoid the “testing flavors now” because I don’t want to get sucked in again. I had a weak moment when I saw FJ because I generally have good luck with their flavors. I think their Biscuit is very good, so how much better could Ultimate Biscuit be? Well, dammit! Ya have to tell me it’s a different animal and there is no real comparison. I’m ending it here because no one wants to read a multitude of curse words in long succession. Good night!

10 Likes

So you’re basically saying :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :rofl:

7 Likes

Hehe, I know, I know @Gazza7. It just seemed just ALMOST perfect, and couldn’t put my finger on it.

3 Likes

Well @muth, that’s up to the individual, BUT, it did present as a wholly new, rather than a tweak and release to me.

4 Likes

You need to find an “enlightened” emoji. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Wow! lol this was my interpretation -pretty darn close

Biscuit 2% buttery, between a shortbread, bisquick and graham cracker. No cinnamon, or spice like a graham cracker, but the graininess of a graham cracker… like a blank slate biscuit (similar toto ssa) not drying though, it’s saturated. My first thought is like a strawberry shortcake, or s’mores? I really like this one-2% seems good.

7 Likes

Lynda did you really just mention S’mores to SD?:rofl: That’s ok I :100:% sure he was thinking about S’mores anyway.

4 Likes