Labeling/Labels

What does everyone use to label samples or testers? I use 15 ml dropper (eye dropper) bottles from Amazon and reuse them. I use sharpie, but it wears off and leaves me having to guess the recipe via knuckle test lol
I can’t find labels small enough, and I thought the labels hard to peel off every time.

4 Likes

There was a long thread about it earlier this week.

4 Likes

Found it.

7 Likes

Given they’re not going to stay around long…
I’ve found that a simple scrap of paper and a rubber band works well/long enough to do the job.

5 Likes

+1 …

2 Likes

Sometimes, if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

old-school

adjective

\ ˈōl(d)-ˌskül

\

Definition of old-school

(Entry 1 of 2)

1 : adhering to traditional policies or practices an old-school coach

2 : characteristic or evocative of an earlier or original style, manner, or form old-school music

5 Likes

I use a scrap of paper and a bit of scotch tape or packing tape depending on how big the bottle is.

7 Likes

I was honestly thinking that, but my steep draw is tight. I actually just bought some plain white labels. The 15 ml’s are so small. Thanks for the idea. I might do this and keep the labels for my bigger bottles.

5 Likes

YESS! I had also thought of that. I appreciate the visual!

6 Likes

The one time I didn’t search…lol
I have so many open tabs for ELR forum…I’m constantly searching on here. I honestly thought it was a dull subject. I almost didn’t post it.

6 Likes

OH, don’t you worry about it @Lynda_Marie we’ll keep track !!!

Kidding…

6 Likes

Oh, and just so you know, NOTHING is too boring for us. We’re EXPERTS in boring !!

8 Likes

Lol well, clearly I’m boring as well, this is my go to with my morning coffee :joy::100: I’ve learned a ton!

5 Likes

I get these off Amazon, they peel off quite easily so I do put a little piece of scotch tape that will run from one edge of the label to the other edge. Or if you are using a sharpie to write on the bottle, maybe you could put a small piece of scotch tape over the writing to keep it from fading off? I would think that would work. That’s what I do when I date my batteries with a sharpie.

Might be hard to see the tape in the picture.

On Amazon (it won’t let me link for some dumb reason ) just a search for Avery Label 5422 pulls them up.

7 Likes

I’ve used painters tape, clear tape, labels markers…They have all frustrated the crap out of me in one way or another. Now I just use Brother PTH110 handheld printer. About 30.00 on Amazon but can be had much cheaper on sale. Think I paid 15.00 after a coupon was posted on Slick Deals.
Works great, sticks very well on glass and plastic and removes easily without residue. Couldn’t be happier.

6 Likes

8 Likes

Sure thing!

3 Likes

right now im using BMP21 PLUS Portable Label Printer. that i got from amazon for doing electrical stuff at work.
image.

but thinking of getting another label printer . playing around with the design software for it right now. its been on my Christmas wish list for awhile

i miss my zinc happy printer

6 Likes

I have a real problem when the printer labels cut off the edges of the printed area. Really bothers me. I think I need therapy…

5 Likes

I do a little piece of scotch tape and sharpy. The tape is so cheap lol.

5 Likes