Labelling juice to sell, help needed

Tiny… I would suggest a wireless dymo printer then… they run again between 50-75.00 same principles.
You should do alright with it. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve tried a few brands of labels, and none have yet met my requirements of accepting ink smoothly without perforation or the surface peeling away entirely, staying on the bottle, and the ink not smudging to illegibility
I’m in England, and have honestly never seen labels for sale in charity shops. Even when we had stock from a defunct stationers in the one where I used to volunteer, not a single pack. Maybe if I try mechanical pencil on my new washi tape…

2 Likes

I had a little look at the sites for 2 (chain) places in town earlier, and both have range of Dymo and Brother that abut my current price range. I thought that if I measure the coverable area of my 2ml bottles, that will give me an idea of what size labels will work with all my bottles and I can take it from there. The only trouble would be having maybe 10 minutes there when am not supervising parents

2 Likes

@TinyMix… my label size… (in USA terms!) is 1 inch by 2-7/8 or for the dymo it’s refill #30336
If that helps. They do make a waterproof… I do not know how it stands up for our flavors and juice, nor am I willing to spend the extra to find out. I think refills run by the roll and I buy 5 rolls at a time. Because I sell juice and flavors I go thru a lot, but 6 rolls will do me for at least 7-8 months. think I pay under 20 for 6…

2 Likes

Fresh examples of my labelling with washi tape and unreliable pen:

Tablet cam is grainy shirt, but hopefully gives the idea

4 Likes

We tend to give item measurements in millimetres here, because we’re perverse like that. Our official unit of measurement and what measuring devices show is cm, so this is extremely logical and not just done so that my 760mm chest of drawers sounds huge
Anyway, most that show a size are under half an inch at most. I suspect that this is too small, but still haven’t measured shortest bottle

3 Likes

my labels work for at least 10ml bottles up to 4oz… the good thing with dymo label writter is that you can use small or large labels. I even use them for address labels and would be lost without them. Most can not read my writting, even my boss! :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I’m sure your writing is nothing on my mum’s. Any time I had to bring a note from her to school, the teacher used to look it over 3 times, then shake their head and ask me what it said. I only lied once. And that’s when it was at its best
It’s good when we can accept our limitations and a solution is available

4 Likes

I do squiggles and swirls lol… runs in the family.
My grandfather was a dr… my brother is a dentist and I muck with tastebuds :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Intriguing

3 Likes

@TinyMix your bank account can dictate what you choose, but if you’re looking for a super simple solution, I can’t recommend both of these enough. Once you purchase the printer, the continuous tape (each label cut after it’s printed) is just too cheap to use. 100’ rolls last for a LONG time.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00814JRJM/

https://www.amazon.com/Brother-DK-2210-Continuous-Length-Paper/dp/B0002VS67G/

I’ll throw in an added bonus, IF, you were to be shipping, and use USPS Click-N-Ship bags/boxes, you can’t make THIS any easier either. Print 2 per sheet, OR, 1 label / 1 receipt per sheet, your choice.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LYPSK40/

Also @TinyMix you don’t have to print labels for your testers/mixers for your personal use if you don’t want, easy dots are easy (duh) to write on, put on, take off, etc.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079ZZ2HM2/

5 Likes

Remember, she is in the UK, and uses her tablet so it must be wireless @SessionDrummer
See what you can find for her?? I have 5 windows, 35 tabs each and yeah uggg lolol :stuck_out_tongue:

thanks!! I know she will appreciate it too… :smiley:

3 Likes

Hehe, @anon84779643 it IS wireless !!! That’s why I got it. I’ve slammed a batch of about 90 labels at a time to it, created the template/labels, high res, cut after each, and it just shot them out. Took about a minute for the whole batch. SUPER fast.

4 Likes

Flying around lol I did not see wireless but I see it now!! :smiley:
I might have to upgrade too… would be nice. I use my tablet 90% of the time too… :popcorn:

You are my hero SD… <3 thanks for keeping me on track! :wink:

4 Likes

No no YOU are the hero, my low % flavor mixing Goddess !!!

Seriously though, things may get pretty busy for your @anon84779643 with all of those Smokin (no pun intended) OneShots. If you have any Q’s about the Brother labler, let me know. I print a LOT of labels, and didn’t want the expense of the “next level” with full color, glossy, etc. labels, so I tested this out at a friends house, and I KNEW it was for me. 100 feet of continuous tape last even ME, for quite a while. You can LAN of WIFI (my preferred method), and I have yet to have a SINGLE issue with it, and I think I’ve burned through maybe (4-5) 100’ rolls of tape.

As far AS the tape, they have “new and improved” color tape, but I don’t need it. I have like 7 templates built all off the same label design, and each is specifically designed for the bottle sizes, 10, 15, 30, 50, 60, 120, and 480. I dabbled with the 2 inch tape, and beyond the big jugs, the 1.1" tape just works too damned good on ALL the sizes. The included software is pretty damned easy to learn, and create with, and as far as WIFI batch loading, it has NO problem keeping up. I prefer NOT to use NOT Brother’s brand tape as some reviewers stated “not sticking”, and/or “ink bleed”, and with the low low price of like what, $13.00 for a 100’ roll for Brothers brand ?? Why not. ZERO issues.

3 Likes

Roflmao :smiley: oopsie :crazy_face:

Honestly… I think I just need a repacker soon…
the rate this keeps going, yeps! :smiley:

3 Likes

My bank account dictates what I can afford or feel comfortable with getting into overdraft on, hon. Had just enough time and energy to go for a basicish model and some pens.
I’ll keep that model in mind if I can upgrade at some point. Looks like it needs to connect to a computer anyway, rather than a Fire tablet or spasmodic Google phone
Washi tape works for my own use, just had to get new pens. I can read my writing, even when no one else can

3 Likes

So, I found a solution for now. I can read the screen and press the buttons easily, and got right in without needing the worryingly big manual. Tried it on the bendier of 2 bags my concentrates are stored in, because nothing usually sticks to that.
I tend to start off a step above basic with things, then save for the next as I use it. So further suggestions will probably help down the line

5 Likes

hugs sounds like you research the way that I do. Most of mine happens when I wake early, and pauses when I can’t proceed words any more (I can focus for 2 hours)
Extensive research convinced me that a specific model was right for now, if a bit basic, and I got something similar. So yay

edited because autocorrecting what I really meant to say still creates gibberish

5 Likes

I do that most of the time because my printer is a special piece of dung doo doo most days and doesn’t like to print (because of our CRAPPY internet which will be Broadband next month when it hits my area) Honestly writing on those labels works great if you’re just using them at home. I designed these for when I feel like being fancy

4 Likes