Lathe and CNC geekery - Driptips!

I agree. It would be nice. And it can be done fairly easily. You could use a wider groove tool. You aren’t going to see the groove anyway. But the groove would control what the diameter of the tip is. Bigger groove, bigger OD

2 Likes

My guess is to make the tube at the bottom smaller. Or a lazy engineer that designed from the bottom up. Once he got to the drip tip he realized he screwed up and had to make the top bigger. I dunno. Wondered that myself. Maybe it has to do with that baffle on the tip.

1 Like

I suspect the former. But oh well. Ima gonna pick on my wife for a bit. Merry Christmas!

2 Likes

Back at ya :wink:

1 Like

Sounds great brother.
The crius could use a better looking 510 tip instead of the glass one imho :wink:

1 Like

I HATE glass drip tips. I will be making one out of very colorful acrylic when it gets here. :smiley:
As to the Aromamizer… Problem approached, slept on and IMHO. Solved.
Liberal application of the KISS principal (Keep It Simple Stupid) was used in this instance. :wink:
I used white Delrin. It was either that or wood. LOL.
Simple snug fit. Snug enough its a real biatch to take off. But I think I will leave it there for awhile. :smiley:

9 Likes

Cool. I should be receiving my Reuleaux and Aromamizer today, so this is timely. The only thing that kinda sucks about this solution (replacing the drip tip) is that you loose one of the cool features of the Aromamizer. I tend to run builds that pop and spit a lot, so I am pretty stoked about the tip. That said, I like a huge chimney for monster lung hits too. . .would be nice to have both.

1 Like

Then use this method but leave the drip tip on there as well :wink:

1 Like

Yea that is a nice feature to lose. But, the drip tip fits inside the Delrin. It protrudes from the top about 3/`6" though. The build I have on there atm doesn’t spit at all. Dual coil 13 wraps spaced of 26ga Ti around a 2.5mm bit that comes in at .26 ohms. Very flavorful build that really chucks.

Edit. The stock drip tip is also a bit restrictive to air flow. This really opens the draw up quite a bit.

1 Like

Is that titanium? That is a hell of a lot of wraps spaced. The deck on that thing must be huge!

1 Like

Yes, Titanium (Ti). It is a decent sized deck, but the spaces in the coil are very small and it is 26 ga :wink:

1 Like

It is kind of a curious build. I am coming to the conclusion that I tend to prefer lighter weight wire myself though. Twisted 30ga is in most of my stuff these days. Can you not fit a larger diameter coil or were you intentionally keeping it that size?

1 Like

It was intentional. I had a 24ga dual vertical build in it prior to this one. It was having some wicking issues, So instead of rewicking I put a whole new horizontal build in it. Glad I did! Unbelievable flavor! Vaping some Rhaegal’s Thorn by DarthVapor. Delicious fruity vape.

2 Likes

Good to know. I’ll use it as my first build if the mailman shows his face. It says “out for delivery.” But its 6 o’clock here.

1 Like

That looks mighty slick! I have a few drip tips that I don’t use because they have a “flat bottom” inside, and then the hole down… Juice tends to condense on the flat surface - I wonder if this will do the same?

1 Like

Thanks. There will be some condensation. Since this tip is on the outside, I hope it doesn’t get messy. I have been vaping it since I put that tip on it and it’s collected some on the inside, but nothing out of hand. Actually This is the 2nd tank I have run through it since I put it on. LOL

2 Likes

Have you gotten spitback from this tank? Honestly I’ve not found it to be a problem not using the stock tip. I think with the chimney size that any spit back is mitigated before it reaches the drip tip. Now on the Aromamizer RDA it’s a different story, but the RDTA I’ve been using my smooth bore tips with no spitting at all.

1 Like

Look at this:

http://focalecig.com/Product/Tribe-Style5mlRTA-Rebuildable-Tank-AtomizerSilver-42112?SSAID=870917

2 Likes

A friend of mine bought a third eye drip tip and used a Dremel to bore out the innards and it sits flush on the cap now

1 Like

I just don’t see how they can sell that for $13 and make even a penny off of it. They must have unmanned Swiss machines pumping those out around the clock.

2 Likes