Lathe and CNC geekery - Driptips!

Then use this method but leave the drip tip on there as well :wink:

1 Like

Yea that is a nice feature to lose. But, the drip tip fits inside the Delrin. It protrudes from the top about 3/`6" though. The build I have on there atm doesnā€™t spit at all. Dual coil 13 wraps spaced of 26ga Ti around a 2.5mm bit that comes in at .26 ohms. Very flavorful build that really chucks.

Edit. The stock drip tip is also a bit restrictive to air flow. This really opens the draw up quite a bit.

1 Like

Is that titanium? That is a hell of a lot of wraps spaced. The deck on that thing must be huge!

1 Like

Yes, Titanium (Ti). It is a decent sized deck, but the spaces in the coil are very small and it is 26 ga :wink:

1 Like

It is kind of a curious build. I am coming to the conclusion that I tend to prefer lighter weight wire myself though. Twisted 30ga is in most of my stuff these days. Can you not fit a larger diameter coil or were you intentionally keeping it that size?

1 Like

It was intentional. I had a 24ga dual vertical build in it prior to this one. It was having some wicking issues, So instead of rewicking I put a whole new horizontal build in it. Glad I did! Unbelievable flavor! Vaping some Rhaegalā€™s Thorn by DarthVapor. Delicious fruity vape.

2 Likes

Good to know. Iā€™ll use it as my first build if the mailman shows his face. It says ā€œout for delivery.ā€ But its 6 oā€™clock here.

1 Like

That looks mighty slick! I have a few drip tips that I donā€™t use because they have a ā€œflat bottomā€ inside, and then the hole downā€¦ Juice tends to condense on the flat surface - I wonder if this will do the same?

1 Like

Thanks. There will be some condensation. Since this tip is on the outside, I hope it doesnā€™t get messy. I have been vaping it since I put that tip on it and itā€™s collected some on the inside, but nothing out of hand. Actually This is the 2nd tank I have run through it since I put it on. LOL

2 Likes

Have you gotten spitback from this tank? Honestly Iā€™ve not found it to be a problem not using the stock tip. I think with the chimney size that any spit back is mitigated before it reaches the drip tip. Now on the Aromamizer RDA itā€™s a different story, but the RDTA Iā€™ve been using my smooth bore tips with no spitting at all.

1 Like

Look at this:

http://focalecig.com/Product/Tribe-Style5mlRTA-Rebuildable-Tank-AtomizerSilver-42112?SSAID=870917

2 Likes

A friend of mine bought a third eye drip tip and used a Dremel to bore out the innards and it sits flush on the cap now

1 Like

I just donā€™t see how they can sell that for $13 and make even a penny off of it. They must have unmanned Swiss machines pumping those out around the clock.

2 Likes

that looks perfect nice fit!!!

1 Like

Well, I finally my first one at 7 last night. I ran two tanks of peach tea with @bradslinuxā€™s build through it, and no spitting at all.

That said, I never build that high and will probably go to shorter coils because this length of coil puts a lot of pressure on the hemp. Iā€™m sure that I can make it a spitter. My builds are fire breathers and my juices are pretty high PG.

Clouds are very decent but flavor thus far is just ok, I definitely have to choke the AFCā€¦remember my favorites are the Billow V2 Nano and the Bellus. I love the capacity on this tank though as it lasts nearly an hour for me with casual vaping, and Iā€™m sure that I can make it crank at least a lititle more flavor by not crimping the hemp as badly and maybe lowering the coils.

@LordVapor, Iā€™m with you man. But when you pat your machinists a dollar a day and use CNCs that cost <10kUSDā€¦you can make surprisingly cheap items. I bet they spend more on tooling than anything else.

1 Like

I wonder how much of this goes onā€¦Cantonese to English translation:

Mr Ling, you found guilty of having more than one child. The penalty will be this. You be sent to school, become machinist. You work for $1/day rest of life. We let you keep second child. If you do not agree, penalty is death.

Is that how it is I wonder? I tell you what between yourself and @LordVapor I have a new appreciation for what goes into making these machined parts. Not that Iā€™ll turn some magic corner and start shelling out $100+ for every new tank, I just see it.

Now, onto the drip tips. Are you guys going to be turning some acrylic? I love @bradslinux tip posted above and would really be interested in that. I would also be interested in maintaining the bore of the chimney if not it even being slightly narrower. Iā€™m using ones that are narrower now and really enjoy them. But theyā€™re only more narrow at the point where they insert into the 510 drip tip connector. Then they open to a wider bore.

1 Like

I am going to try to make some Goblin tips. If I do anything at all with my Aromamizer I will be machining the top of it off so I can stick any tip I want on there. It is a stupid design and should have been made flat anyway. I like Bradā€™s fix for this. But I would be much happier with mine if I could stick any tip on it.

The only problem with this is holding onto the top. But I plan to just bore a hole into a piece of aluminum and thread it to accept the top piece of the Aromamizer and chuck it up in the lathe and buzz the top flat. Piece of cake.

2 Likes

I placed an order for some pretty colorful acrylic blanks. They should be here this week.
http://www.exoticblanks.com/_search.php?page=1&q=EA-BAA-07&x=10&y=7
and
http://www.exoticblanks.com/_search.php?page=1&q=EAM-LIMEMESH&x=11&y=8

I havenā€™t worked with this material before, so Iā€™ll have to experiment on what works best with form and function and finish. I can make a bore diameter of your choice. All I need is a dimension to bore it too. (bore / counter bore) Bore to fit over the chimney, counter bore to the diameter you want. I kind of like the straight bore,
it seems to allow an expansion area like a 2-stroke engine exhaust pipe for the flow to become more laminar. (even) and reduces any whistle.

2 Likes

You can have two kids there now, they just changed the 1 child policy. I doubt a lot of that happens. This is where China is leading the US. If you donā€™t commute for 500 miles, work for slave wages, and live in horrendous pollutionā€¦you starve to death in a field. Itā€™ll take another 50 years to get this country back to that high-water mark of capitalism. . .plus , very few can afford the fines.

What about replacing the entire top cap? If you have to tool up that much, iā€™d think itā€™s not far from just making a new one.

1 Like

Always more than one way to skin a catā€¦erā€¦RTA.

2 Likes