Leaking solution

so are you saying legs needs be longer? cause at some points i was having cotton come out of that hole you showed me in pic (no pun intended) and i thought it was wrong. Would it be wrong to use Scottish roll for this rdta?

2 Likes

This is my Supreme. Looks about 3 cm from one end to the other. It’s a 3mm ID coil. Hope this helps.

4 Likes

hmm i see. I will rewick in a bit and i will post some pics for u to see. How long are legs?

4 Likes

I don’t normally measure my cotton.LOL I use a mod and mount on the mod . Bend the cotton to see where to cut. Mark it with my thumb nail and cut it on the indent from thumb nail. The tail looks to be a hair or two over 1CM on each side of coil.

2 Likes

I will try it thank you for bearing with me. I should finish the last of this juice in an hour or so. Then i will rebuild with new bottle. I will share pics with you. I appreciate your assistance!

4 Likes

@rcleven, @d00mhammers wait, what’d I miss ??

Read ^^^^, but went back to my review of the Supreme v.3, and I didn’t have any issues. It seemed fairly UN-picky, or I just got lucky …

4 Likes

Do one pic from current (before rewick) and one after rewick.
You don’t need to jam the new wick in. Make sure it is covering the hole (laying on top of the hole. Then prime . It will expand when it wet and seal the hole.

4 Likes

ill do my best!

3 Likes

I read your review many times as well as many of others, sadly i dunno what I’m doing wrong so i cant trouble shoot properly

2 Likes

Let me Re-read ^^^^^^

2 Likes

I would never recommend “packing” the cotton in.

I run JUST a bit thinner than that, and unless it’s a teeny weeny MTL coil, I don’t have to hold the coil to prevent movement / deforming, but the cotton is snug moving both directions.

Well that COULD be, as when the cotton is TOO tight, it won’t wick properly.

Good stuff here. Maybe I mis-read some above, thought we were talking about the cotton IN the coils, maybe we were ??

Unless you’ve got one HELL of a Gravity Dump going on, packing cotton just fails all the way around, both IN the coils, and IN the deck / juice wells. If you are leaking juice, then a slightly TIGHTER “packing” in the juice wells should be tried until you get it right.

With MANY SteamCraves, you DO need to shut OFF the juice flow BEFORE filling, or you WILL be leaking.

3 Likes

Well my leaking is when i try move around with my vape. By packing cotton, you mean in coil or in wells? Like for me so far i got best flavor by thinning legs a lot, but that made tank leak on me, so I’m not sure where i need more cotton in tank or legs. I cut muji twice the ID of coil, which is 3 mm quad core clapton. then peel top and bottom layer plus 1 extra layer so cotton slides in coil when pulled from both sides. then thin legs quite a bit. Thing is if i use more cotton in legs, flavor goes off, especially when tank is full. As juice level falls flavor increases. Like at full tank, i would need to do blank draws to fill coils with juice before draws. At less cotton in legs, it wicks better but leaks, so i cant seem to find middle ground

2 Likes

Well some tanks, are just finicky. MANY (not all) of my SteamCraves, if I lay them on their sides they will weep a bit, so not sure if that’s what you’re talking about or not. Some are one dry.

It’s curious that when you have a FULL tank, you are getting LESS flavor, because when it’s FULL, that’s when there’s the MOST downward (gravity) pressure where the just WANTS to just pour out, and once the tank gets less full, the pressure is less.

I tried reading up, but it’s a bazillion posts.

When I talk about cotton “loading” I mean two places.

• In the coil(s)
  • In the juice wells

TOO much in either (i.e. packing) will cause issues.

Too much in the coils (i.e. too tight), the juice just won’t wick right
Too much in the juice wells, you will get some good vapes, then it will run dry.

3 Likes

That I do believe may be the cotton breaking in. Once the cotton breaks in you will get better flavor out of it. What about the second tank?

4 Likes

Honestly, im not sure tbh. I have really struggled with this tank. When i get it perfect at times, its great, else, its just lacking, or leaks :frowning:

2 Likes

it same shit, when full flavor is dull, as it starts getting to mid, it gets better

2 Likes

I don’t want to make work for you, but I would be CURIOUS to see an actual pic of the cotton ONCE you started experiencing the no/little flavor, AND THEN, again, when you WERE experiencing good flavor to compare the two.

2 Likes

I ordered Taifun gtv, and i hope it will be better experience, as well as Bishop, i should get these by end of week so I will compare how they perform. Btw, can i share, recipes that I have made, and you tell me which works best for MTL?

2 Likes

Yes i will share ina bit once I’m done with this tank

2 Likes

From our conversation too much in the well is not his problem. His initial complaint was leaking at air control. Sounds like a flooding problem more than anything.

4 Likes