Liquid Labs (30% FLASH SALE GOING ON NOW!)

I’m sure there are a few areas of medical expertise where it might come in handy. I’ve had exactly 1 digital prostate exam. I physically saw him lube up that gloved finger, but I swear he used something else entirely once I couldn’t see him anymore. Bastard! I may send him some VG and a book on ethics. :slight_smile:

Now to all my buddies who like to give me a hard time…I just gave you all the ammunition you need for a jolly good yuck. Don’t waste it! :wink:

4 Likes

…at least you’re off the analogs

4 Likes

Thanks for posting your results. Still waiting for my sample to get to me but will let everyone know as soon as it does.

1 Like

With the PG flavoring, yes… however, with the VG flavoring - not as much. Once again though, these are pre-steep, so the mileage may vary. Truth be told, tomorrow will tell for the two test batches, but I might try again tonight… depends on how busy the work day gets today… Wednesdays + Medical IT = Who Knows?

1 Like

OMG that’s too funny! :laughing:

1 Like

I nose exhaled my coffee on that one too… took me a half hour to clean up the mess at my desk.

2 Likes

There are so many things I want to say to this… I just… well… I can’t quite…

sigh

Never mind… :laughing:

1 Like

@VaporBase First of all, love the new product… smooth as silk, easy to use, clear and pure. Well done and thank you!

Can we get an official ruling on the product weight per ml? I have been “winging it” and have noticed a bit of a disparity when using the max VG for weight and this has been throwing off my mixing by weight numbers off…

@daath Are there any plans to make any changes to the calculator for VaporBase or maybe a workaround for the time being? I’m not known to be an “OCD” type of person, but I am trying to maximize ingredients and limit waste so I can get the most out of the new ingredients.

2 Likes

I weighed 1 ml three times. It came out 1.22 then 1.21 then 1.22. So since VG is 1.26 I have just been using max VG on the calculator. Close enough for me for now. Such a small difference I don’t think it will affect the percentages used in recipes even if it’s added into the database.

2 Likes

You are correct Miz Rose. Since Vaporbase and PG are chemically the same (yet molecularly different) they weigh exactly the same. Check the links in my post up top for granular detail (just skip down to the Chemical Properties)

3 Likes

[quote=“BoDarc, post:170, topic:67470, full:true”]
You are correct Miz Rose. Since Vaporbase and PG are chemically the same (yet molecularly different) they weigh exactly the same.[/quote]
I thought Vapor Base is a blend of the 1,3 and Palm based VG. Is that not true? If it’s true then does that mean the VG weighs the same as PG?

2 Likes

@BoDarc Well? Did it come in? Tell me everything… omit no details!!!

Crap… wait, today’s Thursday… no work tomorrow so it feels like a Friday to me… sorry, false alarm!

2 Likes

Yes, the base is a mix of the 1,3 and VG (not sure if palm), that is why the weight falls in between the 2. VG is 1.261 g/ml, and PG is 1.036 g/ml, and PDO is 1.063. Since Vapor Base ratios are proprietary, none of us know exactly how much of each is used. I’m not a mathematician, so not sure if there is a way to figure it out or not?

Since the Vapor Base weight fell closer to the VG weight, I figured it would be ok. However, we all have different scales, so might weigh differently for each of us. I did calibrate mine before testing, but so many things can affect accuracy. Even just different scales.

2 Likes

Good to see I’m not the only one that lives vicariously :wink:

I think I’m an addict…lol

1 Like

To be honest, I’m really excited to see the more veteran mixers going once more into the breach, I’m way too new to be somewhat useful, but I’ll get there… one day
:vulcan:

2 Likes

My VaporBase 6mg 30ml sample came in today along with the knowledge the Home Inspector is visiting at noon Fri, while I’m at work (we accepted an offer on our home). So like the absolute worst day to come up with an excuse to goof off and make a mess. I’m done for the day and feel more like chain vaping the whole bottle raw (joke!) with a couple cold beverages (no joke!)

Ok I guess scientifically I should try some straight out the bottle. Let me test my speed coiling some of my new SS Clapton wire and re-wicking my dripper …and go! [30 minutes later] OK USC cleaned my Velocity mini clone, fresh dual 8-wrap spaced Stainless Steel LightningVapes (26/36) Clapton wire (dry burned any oil residue, Cuboid TC 150 in “Smart” mode.

I usually do Max VG or 70/30 when flavor+nic mg are high, so somewhat thick. VaporBase is thinner, more consistent with Premium eJuice, but not strangely thinner …normal.

We’re goin’ live

Starting low wattage (only adjustment in “Smart” mode) 18W. Interesting but too low. 6mg straight nic and almost no flavor, but just a little vapor …I blame huge SS coil ramp up from cold. Warmed it up more vapor and little to no taste. Where VG might taste sweet this is just a little buttery/oil mouthfeel. Going up to 22W …18W is just cautious.

22W is my low for dripping. More vapor but still cool. So strange to vape something this flavorless. Definitely getting nicotine. Dripping 6mg is not advised :smirk: [insert disclaimer for the kids] Stainless Clapton working as desired, no iron taste (Kanthal), perfect for this test. If I taste anything it’s cotton wick, like smoking a tiny piece of cigarette papers.

Not sure when the fascination with a flavorless smoke will end, but I will definitely be splitting 50/50 with VG to lower my 6mg nic …maybe, like later, but firssst …sweet sweet nicotine :yum: Mind wandering …thinking how much money I’d save not buying any flavors. Mind racing…where did I put that VG …lets go to 26W

Just getting warm. Nice vapor production and light throat hit …wouldn’t say “clouds” “Paper” taste gone (was cotton!) …reload …goin’ ta 30W. Predictable. Warmer and more vape. Getting more glycol taste (slightest bit sweet) and expected nicotine tongue tingle with slight tobacco/nicotine taste …not peppery. As I go up 2W steps I just get more vapor and slightly more of a very light flavor …a pleasant light oily sweet you would expect and increased vapor production.

38W now it’s warm and cloudier. Strange the throat hit is not increasing as much, my buzz however is. Ok last time 46W. This is max warm for me, I’m old. Still not cloud chasing. Open up the airflow, try harder… engh. I really like it, but it is not advertised as super cloud producing. That is true. Is as advertised, very much tasteless. You kids, don’t chain drip 6mg e-liquid, don’t be like Bo :flushed:

After a bad batch of peppery nicotine this is awesome. I can’t do flavor testing now, but this has been compelling. I look forward to some steeping tests from you guys and getting a jug of this stuff sent to my new address in the future.

My next test will be diluting this 6 mg down to 3 mg with VG …predictably more clouds. But I also think mixing juice at 6mg nic VaporBase …steeping …then diluting with VG, could be a steep-time saver and flavor % reduction-saver. That test is weeks away for me, but makes some sense.

THANK YOU @VaporBase (Sean?) , very smart to offer these 30ml samples. I’m very impressed with the base and the nicotine quality. Vaping it straight is strangely enjoyable. So much to look forward to in terms of DIY! Maybe even say goodbye to SnV? When you run out of steeped liquid just have a handy 30 ml of plain VaporBase for e-mergencies?

4 Likes

I agree, I’m in the same boat. I’m a noob also!

On another note, my update on testing. I missed my 3 day steep test on the Third World Custard. I tried it tonight at 5 days. It’s very yummy, smooth, and flavorful. Even having reduced the flavoring percentages by 20%, it tastes just as strong as the full flavored did at about a 2 week steep. Full bodied and thick and rich!

Based on the results from what I have done so far, I’m finding that I can reduce flavoring percentages by at least 20%, and steeping times are cut approximately in half, possibly more. Of course, that is early results and I have much more testing to do. However, I am very impressed so far. Will be interesting to see what the full 4 weeks stuff does to this custard, I’m anticipating heaven :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Today is my three day for my Cappuccino- will report in after work today.

3 Likes

hey guys just wanted to let you know I’m still here. Haven’t had a chance to read everything yet but I’ll get caught up this weekend. Been dealing with website gremlins and custom orders all week.

3 Likes

Okay, 3 (and a half) day steep on the French Vanilla Cappucinno (RF) and VaporBase mixture… here goes:

Wow… just wow - very smooth, a little harsh (but I think this is because of the 12% use, I’m sure if I back it down to 10% this will be even better), but it definitely has that French Vanilla exhale, more than it did three days ago. It’s still a little… dry, but once again, this may be according to the short steep time overall.

I really have some high hopes, I spoke to a few fellow DIY’ers and they were saying to get that flavor is usually about a week to two.

@VaporBase you now have a confirmed believer here… now take my money! Big order coming up on the next CFO approved (yes, gotta check with the Mrs.) pay period.

6 Likes