Liquid Labs (30% FLASH SALE GOING ON NOW!)

Ya, I may not want to taste 5.6mg nic anymore, yet 2,55mg may not be enough yet, but I will try it when the sample gets here. I sent for the 6mg so I could test it.
I would like Evan @VaporBase to put up some screen shots with a few [any] recipes on the ELR calculator to see exactly what he has in mind. I know he has worked on some.

3 Likes

Thanks so much! I’ll definitely check it out!

1 Like

hmmm seems like they should offer VaporBase in 4% nic or 3.3mg to compensate for the dilution by flavors. Might just be $-wise to get the 6mg.

Look at this method to enter in the eJuice Me Up Calc

1 Like

OK so I wanted to let everyone know what my in lab testing results were.

First off… we made 2 samples. Both 0mg as I do not handle nic very well.

Sample 1: Blueberry Muffin VG Style
20% PG
15% VG Flavoring
65% VG

Shake and vaped er… dripped I guess. Great flavor, bit weak but hell it was shaken and vaped… What the heck were we expecting ha…

Sample 2: Blueberry Muffin PDO Style
15% PDO Flavoring
20% PDO
65% VG

Shake and vaped again… HOLY $^#($ WAYYYYYY too much flavoring. It was so strong we had to dilute it with more VG because the flavor was just too much. I have never had a flavor this stupid strong in my life.

SO from that beta test alone… I can say this… PDO is the greatest thing I have ever played with on the vaping end. It makes me so excited to keep playing and perfecting it.

Well so as you can guess… I approve of what Liquid Labs is doing and my testing (while only one test) has blown my mind to what we can do in the future. VERY excited!

7 Likes

First off, just want to give a huge Thank You!!! to Evan @VaporBase for the free sample, and for having such patiene in answering all our questions :smile:

Ok, I just measured 1ml of 0mg nic Vapor Base. I repeated it 3 times to double check myself. It weighed 1.22g, 1.21g, and 1.22g. So based on that I am just going to count it completely as VG in the calculator as I use manufacturer specific gravity in my settings. And since VG is 1.26g/ml it’s close enough for me to be happy, and will definitely simplify my mixing process, which is awesome.

So, I am going to start with mixing 2 testers. Both will be recipes I vape commonly and recently for comparison sake, mixed at my normal percentages to start. I will make 1 with PG based flavorings, and 1 with VG based flavoring.

Not quite sure how long to steep, as I have heard the PDO steeps faster, so I am figuring 24-48 hours to start?

Also based on all the input and help from Walt, sounds like the PDO is a better flavor carrier than the PG, so it will be interesting to see if my normal strength ends up too strong.

Everyone else please keep us posted on your results as they come in :blush:

EDIT: Also am not using any coconut flavoring as they always produce more vapor and that way I can judge the Vapor Base on it’s own merits.

5 Likes

this is boring unless you’re a Chemist
Here’s the technical details re: PDO
and here’s the technical details re: PG
Clicking on “Chemical and Physical Properties” shows detailed comparison

1. They have the exact same weight
  2. They have the exact same chemical makeup (C3H8O2)
  3. The molecule is arranged differently and likely what impacts reactivity in our application (compare under “Computed Properties”)

Can I run this in my car? Is my car then a tobacco related product? (Don’t answer @VaporBase :wink: )

5 Likes

Wait… so I can mix with less flavorings? = less money spent on flavorings and inhaling less GodKnowsWhat? I’m in…

5 Likes

Thank you for posting your results , if this works as well for me I will be like Happy Happy Joy Joy!

2 Likes

Boy Howdy! That is one fantastic performance of an iconic tune!

I must admit what started out as a good bit of skepticism is quickly turning into anticipation. VB is sounding better all the time. Now just to get some of our mixers to report in on it. Oh hell, I’ll just order the sample! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Yeah we could probably fit some orders in flat rate boxes for a cheaper priority mail fee. I’ll look into getting that added to our shipping options.

As for the discount, we could probably work an additional discount out for ELR member’s that could be used along with the 10% code that’s already available on our site.

4 Likes

I’m just an avid vaper who got tired of paying an arm and a leg for juice all the time. I’m no master flavorist unfortunately. I’m more of a lazy mixer honestly. That’s half the reason I created VaporBase… so that I could add a few drops of flavoring to a bottle, shake it up and be ready to vape in just a few minutes. I don’t even use beakers or mixing equipment anymore, I just mix right in the bottle until it tastes right.

Most of the recipes I make are either from this site or the DIY eJuice forum on Reddit. Mustard Milk is my go to flavor. So easy and so damn good!

On that note, we are looking to feature different people’s recipes on our blog so that our customers can get some ideas on what to make with our base. Once we get through this initial rush of orders, I’m going to start reaching out to people on different DIY forums and see who would like to share their recipes on our blog. All credit will go to them of course.

I’d really like to build a whole library of recipes to make for people to follow. Everything from super simple 1 and 2 flavor mixes, to more complicated recipes for advanced users. And I want to sell the flavors people need on our site so they don’t have to purchase from multiple places. Already working on this with Walt at Real Flavors and their new PDO line. This will take some time to put together, but I think you can see where we’re headed with the company.

1 Like

No it’s just this one that Imm getting the notifications from. Thanks for putting it in the right spot for us.

1 Like

Even better, you could use their new PDO line! That way the flavors are enhanced better than when they’re suspended in VG, and it matches our base liquid perfectly for a truly PG-free experience.

So far we haven’t had any complaints about the viscosity from anyone that’s used it. I personally think it’s perfect, but that is subjective of course. If we do end up getting a lot of people who want a thicker, more “max VG” style base, we can create a thicker version of VaporBase that would fit their needs. But I want to see how everyone likes our main viscosity first before we move on that idea.

1 Like

We definitely have a lot of people buying 100mg VB, and then a larger container of 0mg VB to mix with.

I hear your point about the customization of base liquid ratios, and I definitely get it. So far it hasn’t proved to be a major issue, and I like that people are embracing the idea of a base liquid being a base liquid. Not a bunch of individual ingredients they have to buy and mix in order to create a base liquid.

The goal was to create a product that anyone could use as soon as they buy it, not something that requires a lot of “assembly”. Once we start adding flavors to our lineup, I plan on premixing those flavors and offering them in separate bottles along with the base. That way people can buy as much base as they need, a couple pre-mixed recipes that are proven to be delicious, and then mix up a bottle whenever they want in under 5 minutes.

1 Like

Let me first apologize in advance as I tend to ramble, so it will not insult me at all if you skip over most if not all of this post :see_no_evil:

@24 hours, I have been vaping my first 2 testers of Vapor Base for about 6 hours now. I started with 2 single flavors that I like stand alone and vape regularly and recently, so that comparison would be fresh in my mind. I didn’t want to use complex recipes for testing, to make judgement of steeping simpler, as we all know single flavors tend to steep faster. I also avoided creams as they take longer as well, and coconut as it tends to increase vapor production. Tested both on COV Vengeance tanks with new coils.

Now I always mix my liquid at 30/70, as I have found that to be my sweet spot. The Vapor Base looked very similar in viscosity to my usual, maybe just slightly thinner than usual. It tastes clean and slightly sweet, as I would expect from higher VG, and wicked equally as well. The vapor produced seemed to be on par with my usual 30/70 mix, nice and thick, dense clouds. I am a firm flavor chaser, not a cloud chaser. So I can’t say much towards cloud chasing results.

It was very very easy and fast to use, and I will definitely be buying more in the future. For a lot of reasons. Ok, spoiler alert…rambling about to commence:

I used the manufacturer specific gravity in the settings of the calculator, and chose max vg, and used the same weight as VG in mixing. It was very simple.

I was amazed! at the flavor on the 24 hour mark. It was almost too strong and slightly overflavored (apparently not a real word per spell checker, but it is now). There will definitely be a learning curve with the PDO, but on my next tester I am going to reduce my normal recipe flavors by 20% to start. The strength and depth of flavor at 24 hours is at least equal to a 2 week steep when mixed with my original 30/70. I’m not sure if it’s because the PDO carries the flavor more intensely, or because it actually steeps faster, but I can see myself saving money in the long run and I will be using reduced percentages to achieve the same results.

My assumption is that if the flavor deepens and strengthens with longer steeps as they usually do, those I mixed yesterday will be unvapeable with a 4 week steep, which is my normal minimum steep. I set aside the rest of the 2 testers I made to try again in 2 weeks, so around the 16th. It will be interesting to see what happens. Meanwhile, I am going to mix a few more testers today with a little more complex recipes, including some custards. My addiction is definitely custards. And of course the difference in flavor after 4-8 weeks steep is drastic with custards. I am excited to see what the Vapor Base with do to the steep times with those.

My only problem I can see is that I have a full unopened gallon of VG, which is enough to last me 9 months or better. :cry: I hate to just waste the money, but I can see definite benefits to switching to Vapor Base. Even without my chronic sore throat from the pg, the reduction in steeping times and flavoring use is a huge benefit to using it. I don’t know yet if my sore throat will have any relief from the PDO vs the PG yet, as it’s too soon to know, but I am hoping it will resolve it over a period of time.

Oh, just in case anyone wanted to know what I used:

FA Oba Oba at 7%. Vaped in the Vengeance on a .8 ohm coil at 27 watts. Flavoring was too strong on this one, a little too sweet also. This is the normal percentage I use with my 30/70 blend though. Flavor is definitely amplified using the Flavor Base.

RF Bread Pudding at 12%. Vaped in a Vengeance on a .2 ohm coil at 35 watts. I like my bread pudding a little warmer :wink: I normally like this bread pudding stand alone at 15%, but I reduced it to 12% based on Walt’s (Real Flavors) feedback on the PDO flavors he released. I thought I’d test it, and I would say it was equal at 24hrs steep to 15% at about a 2 week steep in a 30/70 mix in strength of flavor, but slightly bitter and chemically. I’m assuming because it’s too high of a percentage, but it may very well be that although the flavor steeps stronger faster, it might need more than 24hrs to get true blending of more complex flavoring? And I would reduce the flavoring again if I mixed again, it was that strong. Maybe even to 10% for a S&V or 8% if I’m steeping for a month. Who knows, just conjecture right now until more testing.

Rambling over now :zipper_mouth:

11 Likes

First , Thank You for the detailed write up of your experience.I will be following your results to give me a better idea of where to start with the LL.
I also mainly vape the custards , creams , and desert type flavors so any help will be greatly appreciated.I have my reservations about it speeding up the cure time of Capella Vanilla Custard V1 but I am hopeful. I do hope the Bread Pudding settles in as that is one of my favorites as well.

2 Likes

Excellent! I’ve been waiting for a ELR member’s firsthand account. I’m more enthusiastic than before reading it! Thanks for the time you took to share with us.

2 Likes

Great detailed report of your findings Thank you for taking the time to test and share your results with us.

1 Like

This is what we are seeing here. I was so excited that I bought a semi truck load… Oh accounting is going to be pissed

8 Likes

My sample is on it’s way. On steeping… I would surmise the the “carrying” of flavors is not an indicator of the flavors also expiring faster. The reaction we see as darkening (“Maillard reaction”) during the steeping process is likely not linked to the boost in flavor. Visualize: flavor molecules are actually “cooking” as they steep, more like chemistry between the extracts and nic than their bonding to the glycol (transport).

This will be a critical evaluation for Commercial ejuice as it could shorten shelf life. I predict it is not true. Might drop any heating process (Warm UC bath) as a part of testing or better yet do both for comparison. If this stuff can cut steep time and flavor %s it’s about to be a revolution up in this B!

5 Likes