Liquid Labs PDO aka 1,3 Propanediol, recipe mixing, allergic reations?

Expensive vodka is essentially flavorless. It’s a benign additive. Cheap Vodka is bitter because they don’t get the contaminants out of it. Expensive Vodka is filtered and filtered and filtered again. The cheap stuff is cheap because the distilling process is cheap.

There are guys that use White Lightning in their mixes, but… not for me.

Thanks for the explanation. I like a drink every so often but i’m very ignorant on anything drinks-related and have absolutely no idea what the difference is between good and bad alcohol. Always thought it was simply the use of better ingredients.

You may have missed this part above.

1 Like

With Scotch, Whiskey and Malts (Good Ones) it’s a three fold deal. Ingredients, purification and aging. With some of them it’s the wood barrels they age them in too. Some people will say expensive alcohol won’t give them as bad of a hangover but… a hangover is a hang over.

Expensive booze is more purified, it goes down your throat easier and has a complexity in the flavor. It’s smooth.

Sorry, I have very little attraction to alcohol and always found it very easy to stay away from it. Didn’t make the link :slight_smile:

Half of my family are alcoholics, it’s mostly had a repulsive effect on me.

You don’t have the attraction but some do. Are you a former smoker?

Yeah OK, I get the power of attraction. Like I said, just didn’t make the connection.

2 Likes

I dodged the bullet but most of my family, yes. Problems. But my dad was an Irish booze snob and my mom knew her wines. I do have a drink once in a great while but I don’t drink much. If I do drink wine, I like Piesporter, it’s a very light refreshing German Riesling. If I drink booze, I drink B and B. It’s a wonderfully blended brandy and benedictine. It’s smooth and tasty. It’s a sipper.

2 Likes

We all have our addictons in one form or another. I was a " weekend warrior type of drinker " it didn’t interfere w/ my job but took up all my other free time drinking and partying…every person in my family in the past 2 generations were alcoholics or recovering alcoholics to some degree. I knew it was my time to quit.

Losing both my parents helped immensely in my decision both gone way too soon. Father at 49 drinking mother at 63 stage 4 lung CA.

@Maureeenie I empower you to create a thread to spread your knowledge using your blend. This will help streamline the thread !

5 Likes

OK… I will make a thread :slight_smile: But not today because I… have a big day lol.

My parents were born two days apart and died within two weeks of each other at 72. They drank and smoked like the Martini crowd of the 60’s. They had a daily 2-3 drink at night thing for years and it got out of control on em in their late 40’s. It happened to other family members of mine too.

I too was a weekend party animal until my daughter came along. It’s funny what motherhood does to you. You just can’t look those little spuds in the eyes stoned and I never let them see me drunk. (Well except the day my son turned 21 and then whooo hoo… shit faced pay for it for 3 days thing) He was getting ready to graduate and I said… aww what the hell.

4 Likes

You can find propanediol also called zemea right here.

http://www.ingredientstodiefor.com/item/NatureSilk_/860

1 Like