List your favorite useful accessories!

I use pecil boxes to keep my rebuilding tools and supplies in. One box has the actual stuff I use to build with, another with my most used wires and wicking materials.
https://officedepot.scene7.com/is/image/officedepot/346203_o01_innovative_storage_designs_pencil_boxes_062119?id=Qrfrp0&fmt=jpg&fit=constrain,1&wid=404&hei=404&op_sharpen=1&qlt=95

Drip tip covers to keep unwanted dust and debris out. They work great and also protect glass.

I have so many other things I use but wanted to list a couple. My curved mini scissors are also invaluable to me. Not all are the same. Some peoole call them cuticle, eyebrow or grooming scissors. I use them to cut , and thin out wick tails, and also to tuck cotton in wicking holes.

Edit- it looks like I still don’t know how to post pictures.

4 Likes

RESPECT for the shelves!!! AWESOME!!!

2 Likes

The grub screws that you posted - Are they compatible with the Aromamizer? I managed to strip a couple…

1 Like

Who has a clever way of controlling wire spools.
I’ve tried elastic bands, and cutting a slot in the side of the plastic spool, but I rather fancy a tray that will hold them all standing upright, but with a clever way of controlling the wire to stop it going all crazy.
Then to be able to just pull on the end and cut off what I want, without it all unravelling.

2 Likes

I use shot glasses to keep atomizer upright.
I have a lether strap i use as a strap wrench.
A rubber glove will work too. Wrap the strap around and hold the ends together an twist.

2 Likes

I use beadalon spool tamers that work perfectly

9 Likes

Great idea thanks mate :+1:

3 Likes

@paingawd I have used them on a few SteamCraves thus far.

3 Likes

Wotofo rolls have them on them. I don’t know if it’s just the ones they use or if its because it’s claptoned wire, but they suck. I mean it should be convenient but I just probably dont know how to use the tamer. The wire don’t come out easily and when I twist, it unravels underneath.

3 Likes

I have some thin elastic ones from UD and the same thing happens - the beadalon ones I have are wider and stronger elastic and have a little tag on the opposite side from the opening that you hang onto and then just pull the wire they work ok for me.

6 Likes

I can definitely add this to my list.
I had about 30 pieces of fused clapton wire ready to be twisted and this thing does it in no time :star_struck: Love it!
http://en.3dvape.ru/product/twister-v3

5 Likes

@anon28032772 OK, now you have me curious. I see that it’s a powered coiler, but if you’re only doing a few wraps, what’s the magic ??

2 Likes

If you’re making regular round wire coils, 2 at a time, this is not for you :wink:
Every so often, I spend an hour (or 2) making coils and end up with meters of wire. Fused claptons or other wide wires don’t work as well on a regular coil jig from e.g. coilmaster.

I’ve got the v3, but the principle is the same. Try doing 10 or 20 coils and you know its worth :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh. I don’t know how I didn’t think of that. Thanks very much for that mate.

3 Likes

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

I always have a pliers, or nylon pliers under my coil master jig. I’ve gotten used to wrapping my coils that way. That product in the video has me interested. I’m curious how it’ll do especially with ribbon stack wires. I’m guessing it’ll wrap everything fine as long as you hold the wire with pulling tension away from the jig.

I notice that the guy in the video is wrapping opposite of what most people do. Shouldn’t be a problem tho since it has clamps on both sides.

5 Likes

Those 3DVape products are some of the best tools/gadgets I’ve used. Made building a lot easier for me for sure.

3 Likes

I use painters tape. I just fold the end of my wire over the edge of the spool, and tape it. I tried to get into spool tamers but they ended up just getting in my way.

5 Likes

I just tried to check out with 13 items but I didn’t see how to pay. I got an email of what I ordered but was never directed to a payment option or linked to PayPal. Do you know what I’m supposed to do next?

3 Likes

You should be receiving another email with the payment link later or tomorrow. The email will be from Anna. Check your spam just in case.

4 Likes