Lost Vape Centaurus Quest BF Squonk Kit Review by SessionDrummer

Ok bud here it is. I love this mod. I find myself using it primarily as my all day mod. Well over 5000 puffs on it already. Its comfortable and great. My only gripe is the bottle is so soft. No issues with it sucking the cotton dry and zero issues with the bottle brackets. I ha have swapped juice 5 times so far and zero issues. Overall just a great ass mod.

5 Likes

That’s great to hear I got some spare bottles for mine ages ago I was afraid of getting into the same hole I got into with my pulse 90 only one bottle yeah I do use mod maker bottles in it to ill try the others but it’s just not floating me boat it’s a dam shame but I do like having a spare bottle of juice when I’m running a tank

5 Likes

Sorry Bro , you couldn’t give it to me. I have been a lost Vape Fan since day one, I have all them , up to year 2017. Tired of paying there prices.
Much Respect :+1:

5 Likes

Mine has been great up to a month ago. The mod is great. The problem is the bottle. It isn’t locking all the way on. If I bump it a little, it works but after a couple of squeezes, it slips a little and won’t sqounk properly. I’ve ordered a couple of replacements but haven’t tried them yet.
I’d hate to lose the sqonkability, but will use it as be a standard mod if need be.

5 Likes

Ok i noticed when i max the bottle out with liquid you can feel it trying to come out. Now just because there is space within the bottle doesnt mean it should be utilized. The design doesnt allow it. In order to maintain bracket strength and not have to worry about it ever falling out i fill it right when i stop seeing space in the bottle when filling it i stop so its still a soft squeeze. Once you max it it becomes extremely stiff and unfortunately it has no where to go but down when that pressure is there. Now could they designed a spring loaded clip for the bottom? Yeah probably. But i dont think it was ever intended to be maxed out. The only other squonk i could max was the topside line. This is similar to the vv pulse but better. If you maxed the pulse 2 out the bottle popped out. So if you dont max it out the bottle bracket wont become weak and fall out. Eventually with normal use it will most likely eventually fail. And you can always modify the other bracket you get with it to use as a squonk. @Grabbo dont ever max the bottle and leave space in it for the liquid to move within the bottle. All the playing i did over the last week, it is 100% reason for rapid failure

5 Likes

It might be time for a second lol its on sale for £34.99 at the place i bought it from. Its so tempting. A nice black one to match my black sc supreme v3 :rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

I used a o-ring to keep the tension on the plastic clips. Never had a problem since.

6 Likes

Issue is just dont max fill it. But it does leak at the o ring on the top of the bottle. Every time i top fill there is liquid every where inside and all over the bottle. As long as you domt over fill it it wont ever be a issue

3 Likes

@Hocky79 that’s brilliant.

3 Likes

Well the bottle started to pop out. So I tried the o ring trick it worked a little but when it got lodged out of place it fell out. So i used a 100mmx2.5 zip tie to create resistance. It will never fall out again. Its quite tight now

You have to turn the end of the zip tie towards the front of the sqounk casing. Now down fall to the size of this zip tie is you will lose one of the retaining clips. So you get a smaller size zip tie to prevent this but because the pressure of this one it locks it with one
It wont come out again while squonking it. And bonus i have no more leaking at the entry point of the bottle into the mod

In conclusion i believe a 1.5 or 1.8mm zip tie would be perfect for it

5 Likes

Honestly all the had to do was make the bottom bttle retainer bigger so it was flush with the clips and it would prevented this. The problem that causes it as you squonk it the tip of the squonk bottle comes out of the mod. And when it does it creates more resistance on the bottle, causing spillage and weakening the the two plastic clips. They could have also you used a spring loaded clip at the base but maybe they didnt think of it. Overall its a great idea but the bottle bracket was poorly thought out. And they refuse to respond to my emails which isnt cool

3 Likes

I did warn people about the bottle falling out and iv also told people about the re design bottles ( yes they shit to ) such a shame because this mod has potential to be a fantastic squonker.

4 Likes

I was really hoping they had fixed it but the design is crap. Im gonna buy another still cause the mod is great. Im gonna use these 1.5 mm zip ties on the new one. If i need to ill thin it out myself. But the bottle with a 2.5mm and only one clip is tight as its ever been. And i can max fill it and it isnt going anywhere. But the metal bottle retainer should have been machined with a larger radius to be just short of the clips. Could have solved the whole problem. But its a amazing mod and i still love it.

3 Likes

And yes you did warn us all but sometimes we tend to be stupid and buy it anyways lol

4 Likes

I had 2 of these mods and was sent 2 of the upgrade bottles but all they did with the bottles was make the spring in the top weaker and it didn’t help, tbh I was gutted having to return them for a refund, lost vape are idiots in my opinion because if they sorted the issue out I could see them selling lots of them but from my experience with lost vape they don’t care.

3 Likes

Yes the spring loaded tip was stupid. If they just kept it in the open position instead of being pressed in to be open to squonk it could have prevented the extremely fast breakdown of the clips. They could have also used a different plastic. A higher durable composite maybe. Or even fiberglass. The mod is heavy as is but fiberglass wouldnt have added much weight. But its not gonna stop me buying another as i have a fix for it

4 Likes

I saved me money it’s on its way No chip no bottle problems just loads of squonkyness But on the lost vape subject I dropped mine from the truck door 5 foot up in the air bottle shot across the yard ,picked it up put it in and away I went it’s a strong mod not a scratch

6 Likes

I did drop mine off a ladder when doing christmas lights. Bottle flew but no damage at all. So yeah its a tank

6 Likes

Ordered my second one and some new batteries today. Im just into to fixing manufacturers faults in squonk mods lol

5 Likes

£29 cheap as chip half price bargain

4 Likes