Lost Vape Centaurus Quest BF Squonk Kit Review by SessionDrummer

Comes out to £34.99 with vat but yeah £15 cheaper then when i bought my first one. Their sale is still going on because the mail strikes.

5 Likes

I paid for next day delivery as i wasnt messing with all the mail strikes

3 Likes

Why am I wanting one again why just why.

4 Likes

I know the feeling @Dippy1.

3 Likes

It really is a simple hack you can do to it to make it work. The oring worked well but not as good as the zip tie. Im going to grab some different sized ones 1mm 1.5mm and see which works best. The mod is just a stud. Simple issue fix and it does what it should. I could not buy another. As the pulse v2 was shit and the wotofo profile squonk i had just didnt stand up to being dropped and the topside dual battery door is absolute fked now. Plus i stopped carrying it out as its so damn heavy compared to this. I know i made the right choice in getting another.

5 Likes

So yesterday i tried out the mod in ss316 mode. I first built a ssmesh on my profile ps in parallel mode it came in at .14 ohms and then this morning i built it series mode at .38 ohms. And i can say this mod has been the best representation of a properly working ss mode. Works like a charm and it vapes warmer at .38 ohms. Keeps impressing with only having the one fault

5 Likes

After a few months of contacting lost vape they finally responded to me about the bottle. Of course the second bottle lasted almost 2 months. A safer fix was wrapping the bottom of the bottle with teflon tape. I had to use the storage bottle for the first one i bought. Note the storage bottle clips are not set the same as its designed to easily come out. Its doing the trick but not great. So time will see if a new bottle thats been had improvements will work. Pretty sure im going to reinforce the new ones i get

2 Likes

Thank you for that @Psycho_316.

2 Likes

I just ordered one of these, have they fixed the bottle issue?

3 Likes

@Psycho_316 said he has made a hack for the bottle. I’m sure he will chime in.

2 Likes

I got two new ones from lost vape with a supposed fix. Ill let you know in a month or two. But the new ones are firmer in the mod. Dont think they ever shipped them with the updated bottle

3 Likes

The best is wrapping the bottle with teflon tape. Just snug on it to hold the clips in place. It worked on the older bottles and best to only fill from bottom. Only pull the bottle out if your changing liquid

4 Likes

I’ve tried liking this mod but just can’t get on with it I’ve sent it to the naughty prototype box with a sticker saying only buy old poo

1 Like

After reading all of the comments, I’m really happy to stick with my bullet proof, mechanically simple, REOs. :smiley:

3 Likes

Liylterally the bottle is the only thing holding it back for it being a 10/10. The new bottles the sent are stiffer on the bottle and frame. The spring in the feeder is easier moving. Im literally thinking about removing the spring all together or putting a bigger oring on it to hold it tighter to the opening. I got two old bottles to mess with to see if it works. All they had to do was bevel the inner portion wher the bottle goes in so the oring sat in to create a seal and resistance instead a spring load system. But still barring the bottle its a 9/10

4 Likes

I’ve had mine for quite awhile now but I don’t use it much. When I squonk, it doesn’t suck the extra back in the bottle like all of my other squonk mods do. I find that I have to remove my rda cap to actually look at the coils to see how much liquid is squonking up. I’ve tried in the past to find out if it’s just my Quest mod that does this, or if it is designed that way. And if other people find it irritating.

3 Likes

If it isn’t pulling the juice back into the bottle, try pushing in the bottom of the bottle while its on the mod and see if your bottle makes the sucking/gurgling sound. My orig bottle acted pretty much the same way and I found that the o-ring on the bottle feed is much thinner on the original bottle than the replacement bottle I just installed.
My theory is that as you push to squonk, it pushes the bottle tip upward causing the spring to retract and open the flow to the RDA. After you release, the bottle drops down, the spring shuts down the flow and none of it goes back in. In time the outward flow will not work either unless you hold the bottom in as you squonk. Major pain, but as @Psycho_316, mentioned before, it’s the only thing keeping this from being a great mod.

3 Likes

The original bottles spring was tighter. And the bottle was a little softer. The upgraded one has weaker spring firmer bottle. But it is too bad to be the main part and they dropped the ball. All they had to do was put a beveled channel in mod to allow the oring to seat in it. This would have solved the issue. This way it locks the bottle in. And it would be zero leaks as the oring seal would eliminate it.

3 Likes

On all my bottles it sucks the juice back in. Your spring in the bottle could be overly tight. The issue with the first runs. When it goes in its suppose to keep open once its in. The spring is needed to collapse the tip so it fits in snug. Its more about top filling the bottle so it doesnt come out of the nipple. It allows them errors in the fabrication to guarantee it will always seat properly

3 Likes

Well if it aint one thing or another. Went to use my mod and guess what? Nothing, nothing at fucking all. Fire button doesnt work. Its fucking dead 4 months after i got it. Everything else works but the fire button. Literally thinking batteries where junk nope its the fucking fire button. So do i toss it in the ocean or is there a fix for this?

4 Likes