Made a lot of changes to flavor names

I’m in a bit of a dilemma with where to add the new CSC Strawberry Jam, there are two choices that has already been entered into the database but they are both rather vague so I haven’t added it to my stash yet in case I enter the wrong one. CSC Oat is another one, Chef’s has it written as Oat on there website but there is also Oats in the database which has more entries. It’s all rather perplexing to say the least and I don’t envy your task for which I am very grateful for.

7 Likes

I just looked and only saw 1 entry for Strawberry Jam (CSC) but zero recipes.
The Oats entry…go with the one with the most flavors. I will merge the other one.

6 Likes

Quite the contrary. You’ve been helpful which I appreciate.

5 Likes

Yeah, the frustrating part is trying to keep up with all this new stuff and figuring out if it is real or not. I have emailed several companies and have only gotten a reply from one. Used to be i would get a reply in hours.

6 Likes

This is the part I don’t understand, why go with the wrong flavor name bc it has more entries… and why not merge all the incorrects with the correct ?

5 Likes

If the names were significantly different then yeah, it would make more sense going with the given name. But this particular one was only different by 1 letter. Rather than risk the recipe owners complaining I err’d on the side of caution and chose to merge with the most recipes.
Now, what’s really screwed up is the Flavour Art names. The DB has numerous flavors that are only remotely close to the official FA name. I would cite a few examples but I just spent a fuck-ton of time on Duplicates and my brain feels like jelly right now.

6 Likes

You can always just shoot me a message with the links and i can rename them. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

The problem is, with newer flavors, the first person to enter a recipe with such flavor incorrectly and everyone goes with it.
Example: Sour Grape Candy (SC) (WF) was the wrong name when it came out… and I had to create 30+ recipes to push the Correct name to the the top… for awhile it was most used with Bacon :bacon:, that was me :ok_hand:

7 Likes

Totally understand TZ :ok_hand:

7 Likes

I totally get what you’re saying. I’ve been there AND done that, just to get the names on track. Staying on top of new flavor releases isn’t always easy tho. Admittedly there have been times where I wasn’t aware of a new flavor until I saw it in a recipe.

I would ask that you just give a heads-up if more like that pop up and it will be addressed.

7 Likes

Thank you TZ, will do.

4 Likes

Does anyone know what happened to “Sugar Mate (VTA)”? No longer in my stash and no longer in the flavor list, only “Sugar Mate” (no vendor, no recipes) comes up in a search.

3 Likes

It was likely merged with Sweet Mate which is the proper name for it according to VTA. I dont remember merging it myself so i cant tell you that for certain but that is my best guess.

I see a recipe of yours, that is private, in the recipe list under the Sweet Mate flavor, Joy Custard. Hope that helps.

EDIT: https://www.vapetrain.com.au/shop/enhancers/sweet-mate-sweetener-enhancer/

I see a few more of your private recipes with it now, i havent looked at the recipes i just searched your recipe list with the terms sweet and mate so it does appear to have been merged at some point.

3 Likes

Cool. Looks like BCF merged it over as well.
Now, if I want to be anal, I guess I’ll have to take a magic marker to my bottle of Sugar Mate :rofl:

7 Likes

So is your bottle from BCF? Cuz it happens a lot that one big company will have a flavor named differently than the manufacturer. Just wondering in case anyone else asks about it.

We try to go by the namufacturer name, except for the DX line by TPA, i hated having the DX in front of the name so i changed them to Name (DX) (TPA), cuz of that anal thing you mentioned, hehe.

5 Likes

2022-07-13 06.49.11-1

I think this is about a year old. A search for Sugar Mate at BCF will bring up Sweet Mate (they even kept the old sugar cubes icon), so they’re keeping transition pain to a minimum.

6 Likes

Scroll up to reply 188, BCF addressed this…

4 Likes

Ahh. it makes sense now. Will delete the comment to not confuse anyone further. Thx Rocky.

4 Likes

As far as I can tell, you haven’t created a Flavor Stash yet.
You may want to read this so as to avoid flavor name mistakes in the future. Any incorrect names used in your recipes will likely be merged with the correct ones sooner or later.

6 Likes

Lorann required the folks across the pond to rename their flavors. I cant remember the why and i cant find the email i got from Chefs about it, too many email accounts.

@Rocky02852 thanks for the reminder, i had already forgotten about BCF’s comment on this.

7 Likes