Made a lot of changes to flavor names

What a mess @TorturedZen.

Iceberg, meet the TIP.

5 Likes

No it was spelled correctly. It was just a oopsie :rofl:

3 Likes

Summertime Lemonade WF is missing.

If it was deleted that’s bad, but it looks like it was merged with Lemonade WF and that would be double shit.

Maybe it’s better not to delete/merge flavor names that are not clearly the same; Margarita Candy WF for example was merged with Marshmallow (Candy) - WTF???

This merging thing has now resulted in not just lost Summertime Lemonade, but a total mess for Lemonade WF too - with wrong reviews and wrong recipes (i want to say if you just deleted wrongly named flavors instead of merging them, it wouldn’t be double devastation + you might even recover those deleted files later maybe; i guess now it would be much harder to do that)

5 Likes

Keep in mind that 10s of thousands of flavors have been corrected and/or merged. The result of the work thus far has made a huge difference in major brands. Mistakes will be made but they can be fixed, thats what this thread is for. In the meantime you can create a new entry that can be merged after. Neither TZ or I can delete flavors, only rename and merge.

@daath can you take a look at Summertime Lemonade (WF) and Lemonade (WF) please. Also Marshmallow Candy and margarita Candy.

6 Likes

He’s wicked at his job, but I’m going to discount that and post an image I made:
TzThinkin

3 Likes

I enjoy scanning for new recipes on the site and spotting an incorrect entry, because TZ is going to comment more often than not. Sometimes accepted but not always well received, much respect.

2 Likes

@TorturedZen @Ken_O_Where A flavir was deleted from stash…

Blackberry Vanilla Cobbler (MF)

Its real just not in their site … I added it again

7 Likes

Ah shit, there is another fella that had some recipes using it and i cant remember his name.

EDIT: Check that Peach one too, please.

6 Likes

Just an FYI, TZ has cleaned up TPA and has cleaned up around 15k flavors so far. Let us know of any mistakes.

And TZ, yer kicking ass…

11 Likes

Would this help?

undefined

:rofl:

6 Likes

Summer Peach is good to go…Was it mixmeister ??

5 Likes

It was @Mindfloodz, i let him know on his recipe.

5 Likes

Also, SSA Berries, Forest Type keeps getting deleted, or maybe it’s getting merged with Forest Fruit?

9 Likes

Thanks for letting us know, NK, much appreciated.

@TorturedZen tagging you so you know for future reference.

Man it would be nice if we could get flavor master lists from these companies but all attempts to contact them and ask for one have been ignored except for one company, The Flavour Smith’s and while they have replied in the past they stopped after asking for a list.

6 Likes

Got it, although I don’t think I’ve done anything with SSA or MB since the last issue. Same with MF. Is it possible the naming conventions were off?

6 Likes

It is possible and i dont think i have touched either of those line in awhile. The MF flavor isnt listed on their site, there are a few that arent.

This was MindFloodz mix:

4 Likes

Ah yes …Mindfloodz has as many MF flaves as anyone…Good Guy 3pct though :person_shrugging: lol …

5 Likes

Blackberry Vanilla Cobbler (MF) is how it was listed …

7 Likes

Mindfloodz got back to me so he has add the flavor back to his mix.

And this is an issue that didnt really come up, or perhaps it did and we just ignored it, when @Greger was talking about merging all the bad flavors into one flavor name. If one does get tossed into the batch i cant imagine it would be easy to fix the situation as all of the recipes with that flavor then have a bad flavor name.

But the ratio of oopsies to bad flavor names removed isnt even worth talking about, except to report them. Remember when this all started? 169226 flavors in the DB now. Many of the major brands are much easier to select in the list now.

7 Likes

To Err Is Human, To Forgive Divine. Except when a recipe is affected, then the blame is all mine. :yum:

12 Likes