Many Questions.... Flavor/Mixes

Here’s one I’m working on @D.Sims and I’m about 30’ish iterations in (over a period of time), and still not happy with it. Working on a bakery, with graham, ice cream, caramel, and a slight bourbon finish. It has eluded me up till this point. The struggle IS real. The failures are even MORE real.

:slight_smile:

5 Likes

@SessionDrummer Ive been definitely pushing the cart infront of the horse. I get the Cap VC going, toss in a little INW SV, add a touch of this and a touch of that- and WHAM! Tastes like shit.

I really think I needed to be kicked in the face- and your juice did just that for me. I’ve been ripping through 120ml of “Whatever” for too long now. 1/2 star juice needs to be bumped up to 4/5 stars. :star2: :star2: :star2: :star2: :star2:

We should consider a weekly Zoom meeting or something… Come down if you want, play nice and have fun for an hour or so. Where’s @fidalgo_vapes on this?! :blush:

5 Likes

Hey @D.Sims, it’s not always easy. Just keep pushing on. Bakery mixes can be a challenge 4 sure.
I just checked and I have 205 new recipes steeping, of which I’d be happy with 1 banger…

6 Likes

@D.Sims if you have the time you should check out @DayTimeFrank yt channel…Also waynes diyordie shows are pretty informative…Watching a show live and being in chat actually will help you with mixing , Im not sure what Recipe you have bewn working on but theres a lot of help other places besides here. As far as a weekly zoom im not sure schedules and time zones will work out …You xan always reach out in PM if ever need advice

I am curious what liquid of SDs did you try

7 Likes

Oh regarding the zoom I must first join @TamVapes on her show b4 i could do any other live apperances lmao

7 Likes

Part of the learning process.

I mix differently than most. I mix like I cook food. Having a shit load of flavors is a hinderance as much as a help. Start small three four flavors at most. Have a goal. What do you want it to taste like. Don’t like it? Adjust. One flavor at a time.

5 Likes

@fidalgo_vapes thanks for stopping in bro. I like- and enjoy Wayne for sure. Just watched his 5 part series on Clones. Its all stuff I knew, but never applied- and I’ll definitely be by Frank on Sunday!! :muscle:

Unfortunately @SessionDrummer used the famed ingredient of “CRACK” in this particular mix- and I cant seem to find it anywhere on BCF… :joy::joy::joy::joy:

It’s one of his locked down recipes Fiddy. Black Label Custard is what im on currently. :metal:

6 Likes

Bakeries are tougher than most and way harder to balance.

This can lead to problems in itself, you don’t want too many accents fighting for a piece of the action…

5 Likes

Hehe, see, THAT’S the thing. Sometimes, I takes very LITTLE to pull and entire thing off profile, and train wreck it.

That could always be fun. IRL things are hectic over here, and hopefully not for too long, but every time I try to commit to something, something ELSE comes up, and I have to bail. Frustrating to say the least. Let’s see what CAN be worked out.

2 Likes

@Rocky02852 HOLY SHIT BROTHER!!! That’s pretty sick to stay that intune to 205 recipes! I wish I knew half of what you’ve already forgot! My hat is off to you sir. :pray:

5 Likes

@Rocky02852 you should start doing some SFT, that’ll cut down on your free bottles !!!

6 Likes

A cherry, custard, milkshake, coffe/ice cream-ish, and something else…
oh, and a cakey shake !!!

5 Likes

Yeah, I can’t work that many at a time. I can barely handle a FEW at a time LOL.

3 Likes

That’s how I looked at it too until this morning @rcleven. I always wanted to compare my mixes vs another mixers- and the proof is in the pudding/crack. Just like anything tho… The more time I/we put in, the better we’ll get!!

Thanks for your encouraging words bud. I appreciate them! :pray::pray::pray:

5 Likes

Yeah… He meant to say… Crack, Crack and More Crack! Bahahhahahahahahahha

3 Likes

Good tip regarding the cooking. Wish I could cook better. AGREED on the flavor hoard.

4 Likes

Here’s one that WON’T make sense. My CURRENT CRACK (that’s what SHE said), is simply OSDIY Lucky Shot. I just RE-visited their line, and picked up some new ones, and I actually didn’t realize how much I liked LS. Crazy…

4 Likes

Well… Did a little “Motivational Spending” this afternoon… I’m after that Cake Crack Shake now!! :innocent:

7 Likes

White Cake !!! That one is an often overlooked cakey powerhouse, IMO.

:slight_smile:

4 Likes

After gettimg the Stash all squared away, I was surprised I didn’t have it TBH. 2oz is always a good amount to have laying around.

3 Likes