Mech Mod Suggestions. Oh, and Goodbye China

I have a purge king mod. I own a broadside mec too but this purge mod is a beautiful thing. The switch is heavy, the mod is heavy but the coating on it wont come off anytime soon and it changes color lol. Put a goon 25mm on top because it’s packed with flavor.

8 Likes

Managed to find the El Thunder in the style I wanted - the 21700 model in black cerakote. It’s ordered! And I’m looking forward to this one as I’ve heard very good things about it.

8 Likes

I’m happy for you and i am also sure that you will enjoy it.

7 Likes

What were your issues with the Topside?

6 Likes
5 Likes

I’ve had several of the dual battery ones. 3 of them I dropped and destroyed the locking tabs on the battery door. One started failing to fire. I would have to click the fire button again and it would take off. Sometimes it would quit mid-vape. Then it just quit altogether. My single battery one is doing that now and I expect it to give up the ghost soon. The last one I opened is the one leaking internally. Hence the frustration with Chinese-made mods.

$300+ later and I have 2 great mechs on the way. Probably will tinker with these topsides at some point, but for a while I’ll put them in time out - let them think on it a bit :laughing:

7 Likes

Just looked this one up. Looks like a fine mech! Constant contact switch as well. Please post something after you get it.

6 Likes

Excellent idea. Sometimes these things get a bit too big for their britches and they need to be reminded who’s the boss. I have noticed, though, that the ones I’ve punished have never learned and are still in time-out…

Congrats on the new mechs!

5 Likes

Will do. However I’ve thought more about this subject and with all the uncertainty surrounding China as of late, mech mods may be a good idea even if a person isn’t thoroughly put out with Chinese mods. They may well become harder to find. And as you point out in your last review thread, things seem to be evolving into a more disposable, throwaway world. A good mech mod is a way to future-proof your vape hobby. So I hope the suggestions continue and even others will share their experiences with mechs vs the rest.

5 Likes

lol, agree, agree, and agree! I use all kinds but I know the regulated ones will someday bite the dust while my mechs will be chuggin along as usual.

6 Likes

Not sure if it was mentioned… but this guy has been around for ever!
and makes some of the best wooden mech mods…
might have to chase the mechs down… but here is a link

5 Likes

Just ordered a Kennedy 21700 Vindicator, after spending hours researching because of this thread, that and being bored with the shutdowns, lol. It can be ordered with a constant contact switch or the original, I chose the original for cost and simplicity of function, can always get the other switch later. I need to quit reading these types of threads and get away from the computer, I will go broke.

9 Likes

No, I wish. I have been eyeballin em for several years now. He does outstanding work and I am pretty sure that his normal work is making Custom Corvette parts.

4 Likes

Because I’m not in the US it’s harder for me to get vaping stuff. I’ve had my eye on these for awhile. I can only get them here via courier right now and I’m having a problem with them doing so.

https://www.3fvape.com/mechanical-mod/41618-authentic-dovpo-topside-sq-squonk-bf-mechanical-box-mod-green-aluminium-125ml.html

I’m moving to Atlanta in August, just in time for the Deeming Regs to kick in the next month…my timing really sucks on this.

6 Likes

One of the cities that never sleeps…
I hope you find a spot, somewhere outside of the actual city.
I am exactly 2 hours from ATL… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

We own a house in Grant Park, about as downtown as you can get. After living the past 21 years in the desert, it’s actually going to be a very nice change…I think. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Living and working in Atlanta is probably the best case scenario. That traffic is the thing of nightmares for those working in the city who live in the burbs.

3 Likes

Amen. Been there many times, and it was always congestion city.

2 Likes

Got the El Thunder in today. Put a dual 24ga, 5-1/2 wrap SS build in with 3mm ID. Clocked in at 0.135 ohm.

This mod hits like a truck. I’m amazed at the difference between this and all the crappy knockoff mech mods I’ve ever owned.

7 Likes

@David5362 I don’t have many mechs, and def. don’t have any tube mechs, but man, those look nice. What exactly is the deal with the “default switch” vs. the “constant contact” switch ?

https://evcigarettes.com/the-vindicator-21700-mech-mod-by-kennedy-vapor/

5 Likes