Michigan becomes first state to ban flavored e-cigarettes, cites dangers of vaping

I think he’s trying to hold on to his weenie :laughing:

SeeNoEvil

4 Likes

(Perhaps) he/she might prefer that we remain in rapt mystery as to the secret garden of his/her crotch ? :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Any chance we could maybe re rail this thread - it is a fairly important issue afterall.

11 Likes

200w

Sorry boss, the 4th monkey stands for ‘do no evil’ so I thought it fitting to mention.

7 Likes

I can dig that - but it looks to me like the Health Board’s Guv’nor endorsed “emergency powers” are unlikely to be successfully challenged by litigation seeking an injunction against it - and the true hell (in terms of the opposing of such tyrannies) will reside in the devilish details of potential claims by manufacturers/vendors that their juice(s) are in fact of (completely undefined on any reasonable objective bases) of a taste and/or aroma of “tobacco” (in some imaginarily “objective” sense). So, both litigants as well as the Michigan State will be “full of it” - each sparring for results in order to push their wares or ideologies. Only after complainant could show tangible monetary harm to business could long, protracted and super expensive litigation on their part possibly slowly proceed - whereas the State has no dearth of Assistant Attorney Generals to litigate in defense of the Health Board until hell freezes over. The best that could happen is that a patently incoherent regulation would (for numerous practical reasons) die a slow and absurd death - but ongoing highly adverse public sentiments would be a crucial factor. Good luck there. It is singularly important as a (possible) legal precedent setter that might be attempted by other State governments (if it is seen as being successful). It’s all about “optics”. This kind of anti-self-misuse stuff could not really be more divorced from “objective facts”. The wild drumbeats of the nanny-state-nimrods are now resonating with fastidious cretins worldwide. I hear tell there’s a hangin’ at noon in Trumpville, and Big Daddy swears he’s going to shake-down the evil upstarts.

Seemingly, the product names and packaging would have to become more cryptic (much like the hilarious world of Cannabis strain names). The time may have come for my "Frilly Dancing Elfin Gumdrops Magnum Enchantment Juice” (remember, those would be strictly elfin gumdrops - as opposed to being human food). With this new regulation, I really don’t know what will become of my “Free Range Non-GMO Corned Beef Shank” flavor essences. Perhaps it might double as half-way decent anti-freeze on cold Winter mornings !

Breaking News - Exclusive:

Have acquired citizen-recorded video of one of the State of Michigan’s crack inspectors working for the new state-level “Taste and Aroma” (T&A) Police - already hard on the job of enforcing the public morals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnlIWpZSPXU

4 Likes

May just as well become the norm. No more e-liquids being sold but one-shots and base. Something similar has been going on in some EU countries. Bottles with nicotine containing e-liquids cannot be larger than 10ml (in some countries), so they came with short fills and nicotine was added in the shop or sold with the bottles for the vaper to mix.
Same result, just a lot more of a burden for the users and shops.

4 Likes

I live in MI and the other day my dad (who knows nothing about vaping) asked me if I could get in trouble for making my own eliquid. I said “ummm no dad, I’m gonna be rich”.

7 Likes

For these State of Michigan clowns to write the definitions found above - but not define flavorings (provided alone) as (also) falling under the definition of (b) “Flavored vapor product” (above) would seem to be even stupider than they already evidently are. Don’t bet on it. Likely too easy of an end-around to pull off.

3 Likes

What did that just happen no ways flavors :see_no_evil: well why not ban sigarettes then seing it has nic in it these people are too clever.

2 Likes

Clever they are not (see my post above, where the same screen-shot of their “definitions” is also displayed) - but successful they will likely for a time be (as an “enchanted proving-ground” for brainless public policies).

3 Likes

Do you really think they are not smart? When you have the majority of the population, distracted in vainities, to ensure your power, I don’t think they are stupid … I think the mistake on the left is to believe that the right is not intelligent … They are, and much. … Great long-term plans that are fully fulfilled. I think that capitalism is right-wing, including the self-styled left … I’m sorry if I don’t express myself well, I use a translator, in no way do I attack you, whom I read regularly with the utmost respect.

5 Likes

I see it as a game of whack a mole from here on in - if this one gets beaten the next state that tries will refine the wording if that one gets beaten the next state will refine and so on.

The only way to win is to oust the person/party that proposes similar laws. I know I am in Australia and do what i can from here but we all need to band together, put party politics aside and vote for whoever will support what we all need to happen. Governments (including our Australian Government) around the world are looking on and getting ideas. Time to find out who in your local/state government is pro vaping and start to support them.

6 Likes

I ment too clever in a sarcastic way did not mean they really are clever doesent make sence what and how they are doing things so my appologies in no way are they clever :joy::see_no_evil: well in my opinion anyways. How can you ban something after how many years first thing happens that is not even the real blame and then ban it in stead of aiming at the real problem which has been there for years (drugs) and if they take away nicotene they have to take away sigarettes aswell cause it has nicotene in it which they wont cause they get an income from sigarette companys. This is not a post based on truth its based on my opinion which may be difrent to others :joy:.

3 Likes

Is that picture another knock against Michigan’s infrastructure? LOL couldn’t resist!
Actually, thanks for the re-rail @woftam.

As a resident of Michigan for most of my 65 years (within 10 miles of Detroit), I have to say, for all our warts, I love living in Michigan. I have a feeling most of the residents feel the same way. Yes, our infrastructure is in need of attention, but so is most of the rest of the country. From the numbers I was able to gather, the US as a whole got a D grade for infrastructure. Michigan is a wonderful place to live, and raise a family.

Detroit bashing? HA! Come on, we’ve heard 'em all. Keep 'em coming!

This isn’t about a state, this isn’t about an urban area with some issues.

This is about one idiot Governor, trying to do an end around of the processes already in place, to create a law. SHE (for the male bashers in the audience) decided to try the only avenue available, to circumvent the process. A state of emergency to Michigan.

I think the best hope is that this ‘emergency’ will be challenged. I’d like to think ‘emergency’ is reserved for life & limb types of threats (nuclear accident, floods, fires, tornadoes, terrorist threats, etc). Is teen vaping a concern? Sure. But is it more of a concern than teen drinking, teen smoking? Does it deserve ‘emergency powers’ status?

11 Likes

Does it even deserve such relentless and often unfounded assaults? Nothing new under the sun. As long as BT and BP continue the pre$$ure, and as long as scaremongering equals votes from sheeple, this will never end.

5 Likes

That’s a good one… let me copy and paste it to the Italian Forum!

2 Likes

All of you surfs best stand mute!!! The Emperor has spoken!!! Michigan shall be flavor free!!! Heil Whitmer!!!

6 Likes

Are you suggesting we “retire” in MI and we could have a guaranteed income on selling Strawberry milks??

4 Likes

They’re banning flavored vape products… but they legalized pot.

… umm…

3 Likes

Hi Gus6 ! Yeah, here in the USA, we’re just getting “so tired of winning” (as Dear Leader has prophesied).

:stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes