Michigan becomes first state to ban flavored e-cigarettes, cites dangers of vaping

I mix max VG might not be enough to work well :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I had to borrow this from a thread at ECF

Scroll down to the bottom of page 15.

Last night we celebrated the release of “The Gov” at the Lansing Brewing Company. Thank you to everyone who came out for the festivities and to LBC for the new brew! Governor Gretchen Whitmer

The new brew is an orange and tangerine flavored beer named The Gov.

Gretch… did you hit your empty head on something?

Ban flavored ecigs one day, and publicly celebrate an orange & tangerine flavored beer, named after you, the next day.

What. Planet. Is. This?

6 Likes

From seeing your Fearful Leader in action gushing like some fear-crazed pious school-marm on TV, I can verify the “bubbly and full of suds” part. “WARNING: ‘The Gov’ has been found to cause cancer !” … :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

This is what they are saying … Vitamin E in cannabis something or other…what does this have to do with vaping or flavors

4 Likes

@fidalgo_vapes and this is why we’ve always stayed away from oils, etc. …

Vitamin E acetate is basically grease, said Michelle Francl, a chemistry professor at Bryn Mawr College. Its molecular structure means that “you have to heat it up pretty hot” for it to vaporize. Its boiling point is 363 degrees Fahrenheit, which is well above the 212 degree F boiling point for water, and nearly four times higher than normal human body temperature.

Once the oil is heated hot enough to vaporize, it can potentially decompose and “now you’re breathing in who-knows-what,” Francl said.

When that vapor cools down in the lungs, it returns to its original state at that temperature and pressure, she said, which means “it has now coated the inside of your lungs with that oil,” she said.

5 Likes

That’s the article I derived my comments from. Makes a hell of a lot of sense doesn’t it? If you expect anything else from the black market, you’re a damn fool. Ever watch the drug dealers on Drugs Inc. brag about spiking sporadic doses to increase the popularity of their “brand” of drugs? Yes, they fully intend for those doses to cause an overdose and possible death, but it signals that their brand is potent and increases their sales.

I’ve got to stop commenting for my own sanity, lol. This is such a blinding glimpse of the blatantly obvious to me. I really need to disassociate and let this whole mess wind down into hell’s cauldron by itself.

7 Likes

It’s the next logical step. Or so it seems to me.

2 Likes

No thanks.

2 Likes

It’s amazing how, tobacco and cigarettes specifically were woven into society for so long, despite the dangers and harm done, they weren’t attacked like this by any government agency on any level. All that has happened is we are penalized for it, taxed ever more and limited in where we can use it. But no banning. No state has a ban on all tobacco use. It’s not about public health, they aren’t banning tobacco at the same time. But they will gladly tax you for it. It’s about control and money.

6 Likes

I’ll share your vote on that …

2 Likes

Issue is, since this is coming from the “black market” and its from “mixing” what makes anyone sure that diy will gain popularity and overcome a ban on vaping? If anything, this is a direct stab to those that do make their own… no one seeing that yet?

Ahhh don’t hate me yet… but they are coming for us.

6 Likes

Yes ma’am I do believe down the road Nicotine will not be that easy to get… The upside is VG , PG and Flaves are going to be impossible to limit the sales of these items Stock Up on Nic thats all I can say

3 Likes

You do mean back to the kitchen type flavorings… as a lot of flavor companies will not cut the down drop. Not just flavorah… but there are a few more. Resellers of flavorings… aint happening… First they will kill the rebottlers… watch.

I’d suggest too, stock up on equipment. once they kill sales for that, better know how to make coils and be safe with your usage.

3 Likes

Agreed :wink: and yes companies like VTA and FLV will probably be hurt sonce they make their flavors for the industry , and yes resellers will be hurt as well especially those that obviously sell to us for this reason

3 Likes

But your state is mainly defined by those governing it and frankly, those governing it are not concerned about anyone’s interest but their own.

Another story out of Michigan is Judge Rachel Rancilio being butthurt over a man’s posts critiquing her online that the police deemed not threatening and yet he was still arrested and posted a $2k bond. Then he made another post stating that he will be digging out their skeletons in their closet and was arrested again. He is being held on $500k bond over a false charge of a misdemeanor because Rancilio does not like someone critiquing her.

You can love living there but you cannot deny that your governing officials are overstepping the very laws they are supposed to protect by leaps and bounds and are not taking care of issues that have been needing fixed for a long time now, Flint water for example. These people are making your “wonderful place to live” a death sentence for many.

6 Likes

I am not partisan, in fact I’m anti partisan. Regardless, from what I have witnessed here in MIchigan the majority of the people vote either D or R. That’s it. Nothing more considered. Regardless of the outcome the chant is always it’s better than if it was the “other”. People don’t care what happens as long as their “team” wins. They are reaping what they have sown.

4 Likes

Always (or at least often) a good idea to read documents oneself - rather than relying upon hearsay claims:

If one decries click-bait strategies employed by so-called “press” - perhaps more credibility in not emulating?

4 Likes

Amen @Raven-Knightly… too many reply on that heresay… why I havent a clue…
Reading expands one’s brain cells… that really doesn’t hurt, but for a sheer omg I dont wana, someone do it for me…

dont get me started, I have a non reader I live with. :cry:

3 Likes

My all-time favorite Steven Wright deadpan one-liner is: “I’m writing a book, … I haven’t read it yet”. So true !

6 Likes

First and foremost is that Cheryl Phillips is NOT a vaping expert as claimed. Simple as that.

2 Likes