Michigan becomes first state to ban flavored e-cigarettes, cites dangers of vaping

(New York Times; September 15, 2019):

New York Moves to Ban Flavored E-Cigarettes by Emergency Order

Under the plan outlined by Mr. Cuomo on Sunday, the state’s Public Health and Health Planning Council, a little-known regulatory body, would be convened by the health commissioner, Dr. Howard Zucker. The council would then issue an emergency regulation to ban the sale of flavored e-cigarettes, rules that would be effective immediately.

:rofl: :grimacing::no_mouth:

2 Likes

Watch: Governor’s Live Press Conference Video

2 Likes

Shocking, and truly appalling to see the NY State Executive Branch carry on so at the live “presser” … :thinking:

2 Likes

Oh good grief. N.Y. is the ban ban state. What was it last time, large colas? Their in competition with California. The coasts have always been the political shit holes of the U.S.

3 Likes

Being very high up in Boneland Security, I cannot really honestly say that I don’t have a “dog in this fight”. :stuck_out_tongue:

Mercenary%20Mutt

Either by land or by sea, these Cool Blooded Mercenary Mutts staunchly defend the Beloved Boneland:

“Hey, no big wuff”, they humbly state - but we all know better.

3 Likes

From the incisive, prolific, and outspoken mind of Dr Micheal Siegel (September 16, 2019):

Under Michigan’s New E-Cigarette Flavor Ban, a Youth Caught With a Juul Four-Pack Could Be Put in Prison for Six Months

… the law will criminalize the mere possession of four or more flavored e-cigarettes. Thus, a high school kid who is caught with a four-pack of flavored Juul pods will be guilty of a crime. An that crime is punishable by up to six months in state prison.

The part of the law that criminalizes the possession of four or more flavored e-cigarettes reads as follows:

"A person who possesses four or more flavored vapor products, or flavored alternative nicotine products is rebuttably presumed to possess said items with the intent to sell."

The rest of the story is that Michigan’s proposed flavored e-cigarette ban is terrible public policy that will have terrible public health consequences. It will also potentially criminalize any vaper who possesses four or more flavored e-liquid cartridges or pods. It has taken years to start the process of decriminalize the possession of small amounts of marijuana. Are we now going to have to do the same thing for the possession of life-saving e-liquids?

4 Likes

Fart smeller there. He done picked up on that there.

and the beat goes on
drums keep a poundin rhythms to the head

Hurry, hurry, hurry! Pardon all those evil pot heads to make room for the evil vapors!!!

3 Likes

Just a very happy Fuck You to Whitmer, Trump, Romney, and the other politicians on the ban ban vape wagon. Just ordered me my first bottle of CBT. It’s Mango! My bass playing will benefit greatly. And no, you are not invited to any of my shows. You are scum!!! Slither back under your rock.

4 Likes

What’s that, pray tell ?

2 Likes

OooPs… CBD. Oh hell, who cares… it’s Mango!!!

6 Likes

OK. Hoping to treat the huge “pain in the ass” that these goose-schtepping ninnies have wrought ? … :thinking:

PS - If (perchance) vaping it, note the notably lower boiling-points (relative to Nicotine) of ~160-180 *C.

2 Likes

Lol, thanks, I’m on it.

2 Likes

Capture

2 Likes

Hmmm. Some associated marketeering sizzle, “CBD e-liquid bursting with juicy mangoes, fleshy peaches, and deliciously sweet cream”. They make it sound like losing one’s virginity … :stuck_out_tongue: … It seems endemic (for many folks) to sanctimoniously chortle about how CBD, “doesn’t get them high”. If it doesn’t make one feel better, then why even use it ? What’s with such “virtuous self-flagellation” routines, anyway ? End of rant.

2 Likes

Lol, I have never tried it but a I have numerous friends that get relief from muscle ache with it. Thought I’d give it a try and of course see if the immediate Michigan ban had taken hold yet. By the end of a four hour show my old hands, oh hell, back, legs, arms. every damn thing is about toast. I get dancin around actin a fool with the crowd and then crawl in the front door when I get home. My wife is a doll. No complaints when I collapse in the recliner for the rest of the night. Even puts the honey do list on hold for the next day.

4 Likes

So, you think that CDB oils (for which it is anybody’s guess should be heated and inhaled at all) are affected by the frenetic, weepy, pinheaded ravings of your pile of shit Guv’nor ?

Being a self-taught (hack) musician myself, I was curious as to what (various, in general) types of music you personally enjoy listening to (and enjoy playing, if perhaps different).

Haven’t picked up my Stratocaster in many years (after around 20 years of pickin). Playing guitar (especially those thick bass strings) can indeed be rather physically demanding.

5 Likes

Ya, I have no idea what goes on in that woman’s head. Don’t care to either.

And yes, also, I’m noticing more ache as I get older. Love the strat! We have a standing joke that we are a real band because we do drugs as we pass around the IBuprofen.

I can listen to most anything and have an appreciation for it. I’ve played a good variety as well. I was with the 7th Army band out of Stuttgart for a few years. Spent a little over a decade with a big band / swing band. Played with a number of jazz combos. Even did some time with a Rag Time band. The band I’m with now is classic Rock with a jazz twist. The keyboardist is a Nuclear Physicist at the U of M and is classically trained on keys. He and I kinda sidetrack the band from time to time. The other two guys are very intuitive and just go with the flow. I guess if I were to name other bassists I admire the list would start with Christian McBride, Adam Ben Erza and Tal Wilkenfeld. There are a lot of really good bassists out there. I’m self taught on the bass guitar but had training on the upright. I still play both although I did trade the upright in for an EUB. Much easier to carry around and amplify.

4 Likes

Interesting, my friend. NSAIDs (Ibuprofen) are truly dangerous drugs. The panache of life in “the fast lane”.

I introduced myself to Jazz greats Herb Ellis and Larry Coryell (as well as a local fellow named Howard Roberts) in the late 1980s. Good people who gave me their time - and all liked playing through my “magic box” contraption for a “fuller, fatter, sweeter, clean” sound. The great Buddy Guy really “tore it up” using it.

3 Likes

I enjoy playing a lot. I can completely crystallize while doing so. Very nice.

3 Likes

Oh my!!! Look what Gretchen has to loose if tobacco sales continue to diminish…

Note also the money devoted to “saving the children” from smoking…

Figures from Michigan’s portion of the master settlement agreement.

2 Likes