Music Theory

Lol. Lovely.

2 Likes

I have a rather hard time taking myself very seriously - as it seems that almost nobody else does ! :hot_face:

1 Like

You take care. This has been a most enjoyable discussion. For me anyway.

2 Likes

I assure you, kind sir, that I have taken greater pleasure than yourself ! Fun to lose my “seriousness” !

I leave you with one seminal phrase: The Monadic Monologues.

:clown_face:

1 Like

I shall miss waking up in the morning and trying to decipher your posts, lol. Thank you for your kind words. They really do mean a lot.

2 Likes

You can always clutch my Monads close to your heart, ever yearning to spot those glaring symmetries !
:joy:
Or alternatively muse as you deftly choose wire gauges, aware of the Univ Law of Thermal Rise-Times !

Yet my heart silently yearns, wishing that I had only further presented my Geo-Symmetric Lattice:

… not to mention my rather esoteric and arguably outrageously kinky Linear-Symmetric Duodala:

… or my grand “SymerianSexagesimal (Base-60) JI Gamut - “God of the Sweet Waters”:

… leaving the Corporeal Coil completely, out into Dominant / Sub-Dominant Realms of Spirit:

Mystery constitutes the processional inverse
of all conceptualization and explanation;
limitless horizon beyond measure;
treasures beyond possession;
awareness without certainty;
remembrances of eternity.

:frog: :nerd_face: :frog:
:hot_face: :cold_face: :hot_face:
:man_facepalming: :rage: :man_facepalming:

1 Like

You have almost given the impression (to me anyway) that you’re done with this thread. You should have known that “You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave!”

5 Likes
3 Likes

Love the slam about Truck Driver Key Changes. Hate them so much!

Some of their best stufff below… Genius song writing.

3 Likes

Lol. You got me there. What can I say?

2 Likes

The irony of all this is that one of my all time favourite guitar players, is a man called Pat Martino, and he has diagrams like yours (only using ‘diminished’ as the central axis), and he even talks like you! Funny old world.

3 Likes

I found this document (by Guy Capuzzo, about Martino’s stuff):

https://libres.uncg.edu/ir/uncg/f/G_Capuzzo_Pat_2006.pdf

Thanks for the reference of sorts. Looks like it’s my own turn to experience a bit of “brain melt” ! It’s been around 20 years since I last thought intensely about such stuff, and came up with the posted diagrams, and more. I find that time obscures those details that were at the time fresh in the mind. So my brain is these days “flaccid”, and the “callouses” and much of the “muscle memory” are long gone.

(Perhaps) we can all relate to this “operational pragmatism” (of the “ear” over “arbitrary strictures”):

In his own words, “although the analysis of some of my recorded solos have been referred to as modal, personally I’ve never operated in that way. I’ve always depended upon my own melodic instinct, instead of scale like formulas.”

1 Like

I thought you might find him interesting. It suddenly came to mind (like you, that is something that is becoming more “flaccid” and clouded), after watching him talk on many occasions (I just love his playing), that your minds seem to work, and process things in a similar way. Interestingly, when he talks I get the “brain melt,” yet his guitar playing I relate to like we were separated at birth. Fascinating.

3 Likes

Man you guys worry me. I thought for sure I’d get some sort of nod in recognition of that quote. tap tap…is this thing on?

3 Likes

---------6 feet-------------- We’re practicing social distancing. :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Perhaps (some) complexities being described might inspire yet even more “purgatorial distancing”. :nerd_face:

1 Like

I did! I said “you got me there.” I’m not sure that I will leave now. This is becoming a lot of fun. I check these first thing in the morning, with my first cup of coffee and you’ve made me smile two days in a row. Been a long time since I smiled, or laughed first thing in the morning. And now Freddie has made me smile too. This is too good to give up.

3 Likes

I wish I was witty enough to think of that. You made me laugh first thing in the morning. That takes some doing these days. Thank you sir.

4 Likes

I was Googling “Riemannian” (as invoked in Guy Caputo’s designated title:
Pat Martino’s The Nature of the Guitar: An Intersection of Jazz Theory and Neo-Riemannian Theory”).

(Almost) as rich in sarcasmic potential as are all things “Raëlian”. “Riemannian Manifold” (also called “Riemannian Space” - of which there exist additional “sub-” and “pseudo-” variants) strikes me as the Extraterrestrial Grays’ creative answer to ABBA’s live performance of the “Mannheim Steamroller” Christmasville Album. Quite likely, methinks, to inspire celebrations of collective weaponized ignorance.

2 Likes

“to inspire celebrations of collective weaponized ignorance.” I’m going to have to remember that. Love it. Missed you this morning, and Zen. Not the same without you.

2 Likes