Mutation X MT RTA: How do I explain just how incredible this tank is?

Cool Lars. Thanks :wink::grin:

Thank you got me some cotton bacon v2 was reading the package says made in Idaho
I had put that cotton in yesterday just wanted to check the screws got a new titanium coil build I am working on .as soon as I know for sure it works I will be posting

I donā€™t suppose anybody has the RTA version and the MuTank with RBA? Curious how much different the build deck would be size wise.

I just built mine - Itā€™s nice, and doesnā€™t leak - but the screws are crap! They come loose if you look at them wrong. Now I am fairly sure I tightened them down, but my Vt200 keeps saying ā€œCheck atomizerā€ and reading 0 ohms - if I screw it a bit off then on again, it will detect it, and I can take a 1-3 drags and it loses it againā€¦ I emptied the tank, tightened the screws again (they werenā€™t loose), and it still does it. I wonder if there is some connection problem on my deviceā€¦ Itā€™s not a short problem - the coils looks totally clean and spacedā€¦

(@wvsanta not to pollute the vape mail thread too much, I am mentioning you here - Iā€™m sure itā€™s a great tank if only I didnā€™t get a weird one :smile:)

2 Likes

Sorry to hear your having problems but I think you are right with the connection issue I

I think I figured it out. I noticed that the RTA screws entirely in my mod (without much resistance), so even though it isnā€™t mentioned anywhere if it has an adjustable positive pin, I tried screwing the positive pin a bit further out, and that seems to have taken care of it!

3 Likes

I was going to suggest that, I swear! Iā€™ve found that problem on a couple of my recent attys.

1 Like

Glad you got it working good looking tank

1 Like

It performs very nicely! Great flavor, great airflow, super easy wicking! It also looks a little bad ass! :smiley: Oh and it supports single coils if youā€™re so inclined :smile:

3 Likes

I am looking for a new tank so I will go read up on it more. Single coil is what seems to work best for me

1 Like

Amazing rta. Exelent flavour and vapor production. Really pleased with it. Got a 3.0mm ID 6 wraps 22g ti coming in at 0.06. Canā€™t get over how dense the vapor is.
Better than the tfv4 with the tf-r2 rba imo.
But as @daath has said the screws are crap. Look at them wrong an they come loose, thats the only downside Iā€™ve seen up to now.
Will play with it over the next few dayā€™s and a different build in see how i get on.
Happy vaper. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::dash::dash::dash:

5 Likes

Iā€™m enjoying mine as well. It sees regular use in my rotation. Itā€™s hard to use too much wick in it. :wink:
I enjoy it almost as much as I do the Crius, and a little more than the Bellus. I still havenā€™t decided which is on top. The Crius or the Aromamizer. Edging toward the Aromamizer for the flavor it delivers. They all make clouds like a steam freighter.

3 Likes

Its got its downfalls like all attys. But all in all, its not a bad atty, great build deck, big coils,lots of cotton, Single coil mode, thatā€™s a plus. maybe they will have a v2 with upgrades

1 Like

I have one and for some reason most likely operator error I canā€™t get it to work right on single coil yet any luck with yours using titanium Thanks edit forgot 22 GA 3 mil center .15 on a opus DNA 200 works pretty good dual coil .08 I am wanting to get single to work better

Had mine about a month now and have to say itā€™s one of the best rtaā€™s i own for flavour. 22g ti 3.0mm id dual 0.08 build in it. Awsome.
Down side is the slight leak you get when refilling. Only con Iā€™ve found. :ok_hand:

1 Like

Need to rebuild mine today and despite having hundreds of feet of Ti, Iā€™ve only recently gotten 22ga. Iā€™ll build like your and forgo hemp and use cotton bacon. This tank is very hard to wick with hemp because the juice channels are retarded huge.

@bradslinux Iā€™m surprised you like the Crius and that so many like the Aromamizer so much. Neither have really tickled my fancy. Iā€™ll build an aromamizer today also with 22 horizontal and cotton. . .but i really just hate my Crius. I donā€™t lIke the wick setup and the juice control on mine is sloppy. . Cuts me off while im driving and that cant happen. It also seeps from a non -serviceable area by the AFC. I think Iā€™m the only one with that problem. The store wouldnā€™t take it back.

The first CRIVS i got had no threads where you screw the rba back in. Very shoddy qc if you aks me.The retailer replaced it free of charge, me thinks that wasnā€™t the first time heā€™d done that. Wouldnā€™t get another! Got plenty spare parts now though. :wink:

I havenā€™t had many issues with my Crius. You may want to check and make sure there is a flat oring (itā€™s thinner than the ones that fit on the glass) that connects the 510 base to the bottom of the chimney when you pull the deck. Mine was actully missing it, but there where 2 in the kit. I guess even Chinese people get lazy LOL.
I do enjoy my Mutation, I would enjoy it more if it had juice flow control. I donā€™t have any wicking issues with either, although the 2 are wicked VERY differently. When I fill the Mutation, I do the "start the thread on the cap then turn it upside down and let the air bubble rise to the juice ports then finish tightening it down bit"
That pretty much eliminates any wick blow by on refill. ( I use this method on the Bellus as well)
The Griffin RTA I ordered came in this week and I have been vaping it for a few days. It is like a super well made version of the Crius and I really like it so far. Still, of all of my RTAā€™s, the Aromamizer is still tops for flavor delivery for me. But I vape them all in my rotation, so they are all champs in my book. Love them all, mostly for different reasons. Now all we need is an engineer to create a best of all worlds hybrid from all of them, and we would have RTA perfection. hehehehe

1 Like

tip:
to avoid the leaking when refilling, i shut the airflow completely, the use a unicorn bottle to fill quickly, screw top back on, open AFC, take a quick pull, no leaking whatsoeverā€¦try it.

2 Likes

From all the attys I have, I think it is important flavor-wise to keep everything small. As in the Bellus or Mutation X S RDA. I also have a mini freakshow dripper that is pretty good. These attys with huge decks and big bore chimneys are all really weak on flavor to me. Iā€™m going to be looking into an RDTA using this philosophy.

Iā€™mve got a 3ml Aromamizer yet to build. Going to see if the reduced size helps. The only small Atty I canā€™t get flavor out of is ironically the Goblin mini. Thatā€™s what makes the Bellus great though, it still has a big juice capacity. Iā€™m just thinking an RDTA should keep the juice cool and still hit well. I guess weā€™ll see. With no nic, my juice is always clear unless it gets too hot and/or I go max VG.